What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    A Ben Wade...Early 70's freehand...I bought it and the very large Charatan at a CW reenactment for $1 a piece...The freehand was missing the stem and the grain flares so as to go with the shape of the pipe....I sent them to a guy in Nashville and he refurbished them for me so I got a total of $20 in them....

It looks like this....

2Q==
    maxresdefault.jpg

Quite beautiful. I hope it gets smoked and isn't just a rack queen.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Correct!

I would use it to gesture thoughtfully, just before I do a semi-dramatic, unfocused gaze into the middle distance.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I picked up my first corn cob pipe today along with an ounce of Golden One. I smoked my first bowl this afternoon after hanging up Christmas lights on the back porch.

The Golden One tasted a bit like a mix of a very mild cigar with a pinch of Levi Garrett mixed in. It was a good suggestion for a noob like me.

Not bad for my first go-round. It burned smoothly and only went out once early on. It was enjoyable enough that I know I will keep at it for now.

I picked up the supplies and tobacco at Carmack's on the square in Noblesville. It was my first time there. They have a nice little shop and a pretty decent selection of briar pipes and tobaccos. I will be back to visit the lounge soon. It seemed much cleaner than Cigar Haven which is closer to me and where I usually go for cigars.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Correct!

I would use it to gesture thoughtfully, just before I do a semi-dramatic, unfocused gaze into the middle distance.

If you can master sweeping off your glasses with the other hand as you gesture with the pipe you've reached the pinnacle of cool....

Coolest thing I ever did with a pipe? At an 18th century encampment while talking with some tourists there for the show I lit my clay pipe with a flint and steel...

Seriously...There's a trick...Char cloth on top of the tobacco......:)

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Yeah, ,the DR cigars are good but they are no Nicaraguans :):

I may or may not have enjoyed a few Cubans. If I had, I would probably think they were good but not any better than some others.

Picked up a box of Oliva Master Blends 3 Robusto. Very good.

I'd still recommend the La Flora Dominicana Mysterio Oscuro over the Olivias if you can find them.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think I'm starting to understand the technique needed for a good pipe smoke. I've started getting the hang of the breath method and that's led to a nice slow burn that doesn't get too hot and leaves a lot of flavor with each pull.

I'm feeling pretty good about it all for being just 4 bowls into my piping adventure.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I'm starting to understand the technique needed for a good pipe smoke. I've started getting the hang of the breath method and that's led to a nice slow burn that doesn't get too hot and leaves a lot of flavor with each pull.

I'm feeling pretty good about it all for being just 4 bowls into my piping adventure.

How are you doing with the gesturing?

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    Favorite cigars are Padron thousand series, CAO MX2, and Fuente Don Carlos and Short Story.

In pipes, Vintage Syrian, English blends, and pure burley. Also can’t go wrong with Prince Albert.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I can't recommend this guy's books enough....

51C2J2AGQ3L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    21068710.jpg

And when he writes for Guns and Ammo and American Rifleman he is just Rick Hacker...

2Q==

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Picked these up tonight. Was intrigued by the bourbon barrel aged thing, but what made me buy them was the cool box. I was gonna buy two, there were only three left. Chick behind the counter said buy all three you can keep the box...
    73a40bd00f0b649c56132b2f3320bcc3.jpg
    528b0ccaca8a7d5061d7b23ff8c5545c.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.