• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    That was me teaching the wife to ride behind me some 33 years ago. My sisters as well.
    She got a lot better and had nerves of steel after a while. Then I got her a brand new Dyna Wide glide and she went to the ABAT thing. After that when she was behind me she was the best rear seat partner I ever had.
    Ya know, after that I've never ridden a bike again, never had the desire, I've got a lot of friends that do, I don't know, it just isn't my thing I guess?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I loved riding with dad, I'd sit and wait two hours, helmet in hand to go on a 10 minute bike ride! Those were good times!

My kids rode with me as soon as they could hold on. We had a dirt track in the back yard and they would sit on the tank, hang onto the headache bar on the handlebars and we would see how far we could ride wheelies. Neighbors loved me............:)

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My kids rode with me as soon as they could hold on. We had a dirt track in the back yard and they would sit on the tank, hang onto the headache bar on the handlebars and we would see how far we could ride wheelies. Neighbors loved me............:)
    I miss riding my kids, they're to old now. Just not cool riding with dad anymore.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Ya know, after that I've never ridden a bike again, never had the desire, I've got a lot of friends that do, I don't know, it just isn't my thing I guess?
    I've ridden bikes since I've been 8 or 9. Something I have to do. Hard to explain. But I'm retiring from the hard core crap to. Your looking at Joe Citizen! Yup can't wait!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've ridden bikes since I've been 8 or 9. Something I have to do. Hard to explain. But I'm retiring from the hard core crap to. Your looking at Joe Citizen! Yup can't wait!

First ride....1958 Harely Topper. I was 9 (1959) and my uncle told me if I could start it I could ride it. He figured it would take a long time for me to start that 1 lung Wisconsin engine....wrong. Rode it that day. Been nuts ever since........:)

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    First ride....1958 Harely Topper. I was 9 (1959) and my uncle told me if I could start it I could ride it. He figured it would take a long time for me to start that 1 lung Wisconsin engine....wrong. Rode it that day. Been nuts ever since........:)
    Mine was a 1960 something Harley Sprint, 350cc I believe ! "Hook line and Sinker!"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mine was a 1960 something Harley Sprint, 350cc I believe ! "Hook line and Sinker!"

Same uncle that owned the Topper was a hill climber/drag racer in those days. Had a 250 Sprint and a 350 when it came out. He raced them both so you know they were stock....:laugh:
    They were my next step up in my pre-teens. The 350 was a bear to start.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Hill climbing is the sh*ts! Amazing to watch those bikes flipping and flopping all over. Them hills are like straight up and down! Ya gotta find that right groove and hang on!!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My first ride was a 1969 Honda mini-Trail Hardtail. I was six years old.
    I have the following Mini trails
    6 ZA 50's
    1 QA 50
    5 CT 70
    1 SL 70
    2 XL 75's

one of my 1973 softails

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom