CENTRAL
    Quag_zps8bdb90ce.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's not like I'm coming into a completely unrelated thread and bringing it up
    But you keep bringing it up. It doesn't really bother me, but it does make me wonder just how much it "doesn't bother" you. I think you're trying to convince yourself as much as you're trying to convince us. That's all I'm saying. People don't keep posting about stuff if it doesn't have any significance for them. Repeatedly posting something is just an indication of how much significance it has.

- this is, or at least was, a thread about how we treat others on INGO was it not?
    Yeah, it was, started by someone who can't figure out why we don't act like BFFs and then starts preaching to others that their personal choices aren't good enough. What's that tell ya?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    But you keep bringing it up. It doesn't really bother me, but it does make me wonder just how much it "doesn't bother" you. I think you're trying to convince yourself as much as you're trying to convince us. That's all I'm saying. People don't keep posting about stuff if it doesn't have any significance for them. Repeatedly posting something is just an indication of how much significance it has.
    I brought no specifics to this thread - if you didn't already have prior knowledge of the other thread you'd not be able to make the link or draw the conclusion. In short I did not intend nor do I intend to discuss the thread in detail. Even if it weren't my thread [say it was another member for example] I'd still have made the exact post that I made in this thread.

Yeah, it was, started by someone who can't figure out why we don't act like BFFs and then starts preaching to others that their personal choices aren't good enough. What's that tell ya?
    My post was not off-topic if you don't take into consideration all of the off-topic 'discussion' that was going on in this thread.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My post was not off-topic if you don't take into consideration all of the off-topic 'discussion' that was going on in this thread.
    Who said it was off-topic? I was pointing out that those who scream loudest about the behavior of others are the ones who tend to be guilty of the very thing they're *****ing about.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Now that you mention it, I'm on round one of Suprep right now. Getting pretty clean, myself...

Hey, good luck with that. I was awarded a trip down that river when I turned 50 last spring. It's a great way to lose a bunch of weight really, really fast. After it's over, you'll never watch a rocket take off again without being reminded of tonight.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Who said it was off-topic? I was pointing out that those who scream loudest about the behavior of others are the ones who tend to be guilty of the very thing they're *****ing about.
    I was just saying that my initial post in this thread was on-topic if you excluded all of the off-topic BS already in this thread. I never claimed that you claimed my post was off-topic - it was just a statement that I chose to make.

My initial post in this thread was speaking to those that call other names with little to no justification. I mean - is there really any justification to call somebody by a derogatory term here on INGO? Just because you disagree with somebody's opinion or view does not excuse you from acting like an adult IMHO. [And no, this isn't directed at you or anybody in specific].

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Preaching about people's personal choices? Show me where. "Can't figure out" why we don't act like BFF's? Again, back it up. A few more facts and a little less name-calling would be nice, please.

Oh, and you never did clarify if "know-it-all tart" was intended for me or mbills. I kind of like it, so I'll claim it. I hope mbills doesn't mind.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was just saying that my initial post in this thread was on-topic if you excluded all of the off-topic BS already in this thread. I never claimed that you claimed my post was off-topic - it was just a statement that I chose to make.

My initial post in this thread was speaking to those that call other names with little to no justification. I mean - is there really any justification to call somebody by a derogatory term here on INGO? Just because you disagree with somebody's opinion or view does not excuse you from acting like an adult IMHO. [And no, this isn't directed at you or anybody in specific].
    Yes.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I suppose that would be where you and I differ. You would, perhaps, call somebody a derogatory term while I would not do so in the same situation. That's fine with me as I won't tell you how you should behave - you're old enough to make those decisions on your own. :)

I was raised to treat people with respect until at which time they prove they're not worthy of it. Even then - I'd sooner ignore somebody than degrade them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom