• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Over the past 4 years I've cut a bunch of weight, gained some back (hopefully mostly muscle), and there are several ways to loose weight.

Calorie cutting, or eating a ton of good stuff (both combined with lifting and conditioning). It doesn't matter which way you do it (as long as you don't starve or taking certain weight loss supplements that eat your kidneys or liver), the main thing is you're loosing weight and your body is in better condition.

Great job :yesway:

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I hope you are enjoying the GP100. I lost 130lbs in 2010 and have kept it off since then. It can be done with alot of dedication and will power.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Newbomb92.

Wow, personal attacks on the first run. Thats a tell.

Look dude, this is all I'm saying. Its clear you don't count calories, because your math is all jacked up. The meal plan you posted, PLUS the 3-7 apples and bananas you sneak in between meals still doesn't add up to 200 cals/day let alone 4000-5000. Can you live on 1500 cals a day? Maybe.

Your body is just a simple math problem. Period. Not majic. Not special. Not mysterious. Just math. Fuel in, fuel out. Thats it.

Fruits and veggies? Yes, healthy. Drive on with that.

Keyboard cowboy? Really, check yourself dude. And re: Cheapseats? You should see the fookin salad of ribbons on his class A's before you start calling him a tough man in jest. And since he's still in, he'll probably add a couple more...

Your smug superiority is clear in your fruits and veggies post. I advise you to step off and pipe down juicer.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Newbomb92.

Look dude, this is all I'm saying. Its clear you don't count calories, because your math is all jacked up. The meal plan you posted, PLUS the 3-7 apples and bananas you sneak in between meals still doesn't add up to 200 cals/day let alone 4000-5000. Can you live on 1500 cals a day? Maybe.

Your body is just a simple math problem. Period. Not majic. Not special. Not mysterious. Just math. Fuel in, fuel out. Thats it.

Keyboard cowboy? Really, check yourself dude. And re: Cheapseats? You should see the fookin salad of ribbons on his class A's before you start calling him a tough man in jest. And since he's still in, he'll probably add a couple more...

Your smug superiority is clear in your fruits and veggies post. I advise you to step off and pipe down juicer.

In college I did a few experiments with things like this on myself. I could function well for about 3-4 days on that level of calories. After that I noticed my memory not being as strong as before and other small things. However, under 1000 calories I could only do the basic daily functions of a college student and really struggled retaining very much info from studying. This also occurred when I started an Atkins style diet. I couldn't function as well for the first few days while going without sugar.:twocents:

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Atkins was designed for the obese who couldn't exercise. It is a place some might
    need to start. The big thing is to start...If you can't carry yourself up 5 flights of stairs
    you be useless in a bug-out scenario[back-pack,canteen, supplies, weapon,added to ones
    own load] You might some cannibals real happy!

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thats because you're burning fat, which is how its supposed to work. People who are lean, cannot live healthily for extended periods on a reduced calorie diet. Think Auschwitz.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Thats because you're burning fat, which is how its supposed to work. People who are lean, cannot live healthily for extended periods on a reduced calorie diet. Think Auschwitz.

I trained for a fight last year consuming 1500 calories a day for 10 weeks. I was in the gym for approx. 3-5 hours a day. I dropped from 165 pounds to 135 and was nothing but lean.

At this point I am maintaining a diet of around 2200 calories a day and still burning upwards of 3200-3700 a day. (I am back around 160 pound mark and working slowly back to the mid 140's)

:popcorn:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    And why are you counting calories? I must take in 4000-5000 calories a day. You guys put so much faith into diets planned by business people. I don't need anyone to tell me that a Burger has more fat then an apple. When people ask what I eat (actually drink) they say "Where do you get our protein?". LOL I DON'T!!!

I'll give you half a prop for realizing you needed to change, but do it the right way, get off the god damn fad diet and just eat healthy. Use the extra money to buy your ole lady something nice.

Also, I'm not flaming you at all, Losing the weight is great, but like you said, you're taking in way less food. You won't be on the nutrisystem forever.

Here's what I do.

Morning: Blend 2 cups of water, 3 handfuls of spinach, 2 bananas, 1 apple, a few strawberries/rasberries, 2 oranges, a couple carrots, some flaxseed and MAYBE cilantro. I'll switch it up with mangos or maybe blueberries, pears, etc. All my produce is Organic.

Lunch: JUICE 3 or 4 carrots, celery, cucumber, kale, and other veggies.

Dinner: Salad with some raw blanched almonds, lemon for the "dressing" and maybe some dried fruit on top. I'll switch it all up with different things, I don't eat the same thing a day.

I drop about 1.5lb a day. I get on a small trampoline and jump up and down doing rebound. I massage my lymph nodes and get the lymph/circulatory system going. The first couple weeks I shat so much WASTE out of my body it was not human-like. A friend of mine did this and dropped about 110lb in 4 months, as well as losing his diabetes, arthritis and other ailments.

*Laugh*

:laugh:

I'm gonna have to agree with what everyone else has said. You obviously aren't counting calories (or maybe you can't count) because that is nowhere near 4K -5K calories.

You're on the guy about a "fad" diet, but yet you are using a juicer for kale and cucumbers.

:laugh:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Rewards

Oh yes, I forgot the importance of goals. Keep your goals small. Allow yourself to buy a new knife after 10 pounds or so, or a new gun for 30. It really helps.

I allowed myself to purchase a nice Ruger GP100 after I lost 60 pounds.

SadClownWP:

1st: Congrats on losing the weight....healthier living is ALWAYS a better way to go!

2nd: You're right...having a goal...or incentive to reach a goal with a reward is a great way to go!

3rd: Choosing the Ruger GP100 pistol is a great reward! I have a 4" Full-Shroud, Fixed-Sight, Stainless, GP100 in .357mag! With the smaller grip and an added, XS Tritium Front Night Sight...it's become my favorite pistol!

Along with being the Head Athletic Trainer at Grace College, I am also a Certified Personal (Fitness) Trainer! I've heard ALL of the excuses not to lose the weight...but it comes down to 2 things, 1) It's a choice! and 2) It just takes discipline!

Have a nice day! Again, congrats on losing the weight!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    This new workout routine is awesome, I have dropped 4 pounds this week, who knew walking backwards on a treadmill for 30 minutes a day would produce these kind of results.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    The "Healthy" Diet is a Lie

Good deal on losing the weight. Nutrisystem or any plan that excludes the junk processed foods is a start, but not a true solution.

I've recently wandered into the diet realm myself, although not for weight loss reasons (125 lb featherweight here). If you want to truly be healthy, you should look into the Paleolithic diet. The Paleo diet in a nutshell is no grains, no beans, no legumes, few fruits, and few nuts/seeds. A good rule is to eat nothing that can't be eaten raw or unprocessed. There is a lot of evidence suggesting that field crops cause many diseases/conditions due to the simple fact that we are not designed to eat them. Dairy is technically a no-no, but I consume a lot of fermented dairy products because they are mostly just fat and protein. I actually aim for 60% calories from fat, believe it or not. It's how our ancient ancestors ate, so who's going to argue when bacon is on your diet?

If you worry about your cholesterol, don't. The link between saturated fat/cholesterol and heart disease is a complete fallacy. There are numerous studies refuting the hypothesis completely, you just won't hear about them on the commercials for Lipitor or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

I have had inflamed acne for as long as I can remember, and I essentially shut it off after about two weeks on the Paleo diet. I haven't really been eating all the veggies that I should, but avoiding the field crops and eating more fat has already made a difference. I hardly feel like I'm on a diet, and sometimes I only really eat 2 meals a day.

Check out paleodietlifestyle.com , the info there is what led me to give it a try. The guy isn't selling the diet, only a cookbook for it, but he provides a lot of free recipes and dozens of informative articles about the Paleo diet.

I know my post reads a bit fanatic, but I seriously hope you all at least take a look.:twocents:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Newbomb92.

Can't believe I missed this post.....

Someone hit WETSU with some rep.... I'm stuck with the "Spread it around"....

This new workout routine is awesome, I have dropped 4 pounds this week, who knew walking backwards on a treadmill for 30 minutes a day would produce these kind of results.

Oh, jogging backwards is GREAT for muscle confusion, you'll also start to notice you're more agile in a lot of your movements.

damn the weekend, gained 2 pounds.

Meh, you can lose 2 lbs in a healthy deuce..... don't let it bother you, think about how your actions this weekend led to a weight gain and use that the next time to balance yourself out.

Keep it up!:yesway:

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Not trying to tell anyone what to do but it looks like you guys are having a little trouble. The thing about losing weight, it sucks. Its difficult or impossible to do for an extended period of time. Consider the weight you need to lose. Think about popular weight loss systems, south beach, weight watches, ect. Your losing 1.5 a week. If you need to lose 50-100 pounds do you have the will power to keep up with a diet for that kind of time? I know I don't. IMO these systems are designed to fail. These diets also drastically limit you intake. Even if your over eating its what your body has become accustom to. Reducing your calories will reduce your metabolism regardless. It takes weeks to overcome this alone. You spend 4 weeks on a diet and 3 pounds think you will continuing torturing yourself? Anyone interested in losing real weight real fast without the assistance of any drugs (other than a multivitamin and bio-oil for to keep your skin tight) PM me....I have the information no one wants you to have. This 105lbs in 19 weeks. The 2nd picture is at the start of week 5.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63342770@N08/5755438300/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/63342770@N08/5754897945/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/63342770@N08/5755442596/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/63342770@N08/5754897995/

Last edited:
    Top Bottom