• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If not being alone in your opinion means victory, then congrats. :)

Answer for me this simple question.

Why does your buddy carry a concealed weapon?

Here's another question, why do you think they call them "CCW" permits? What do you think "W" stands for in the acronym?

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    If not being alone in your opinion means victory, then congrats. :)

Answer for me this simple question.

Why does your buddy carry a concealed weapon?

Here's another question, why do you think they call them "CCW" permits? What do you think "W" stands for in the acronym?
    Whatever you want to call it ? :dunno:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    W = what ever you want to call it in the CCW :laugh: Doesnt Indiana permit just say LTC ? :rockwoot:Weapon is to general heck anything is a weapon ! Firearm just seems more specific ?

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Very well put jeremy.

A screwdriver in my toolbox is just a tool if I am using it to turn screws. It becomes a weapon if I would try to stab you with it, hurl it at you, or try to injure you with it. A firearm is a tool designed to launch a projectile forward from an enclosed barrel using some type of energy from behind the projectile to launch it from the barrel. It only becomes a weapon if I use it to cause harm to a living creature. It could be used to drive nails into the frame of my house.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    fire⋅arm  /ˈfaɪərˌɑrm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fahyuh
    thinsp.png
    r-ahrm] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun a small arms weapon, as a rifle or pistol, from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.

fire·arm (fīr'ärm') Pronunciation Key
    n. A weapon, especially a pistol or rifle, capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.

This is really not that difficult. I enjoy all the discussion and thoughts but it is not an arguable point.:cool:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Jeremy said, "I am the weapon, everything I use is just tools."

Very good Jeremy. Guns don't kill people...people kill people.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Jeremy said, "I am the weapon, everything I use is just tools."

Very good Jeremy. Guns don't kill people...people kill people.

Are we talking about guns or weapons here?

:D

I'm still waiting to hear why you think the OP carries a concealed weapon... I mean, firearm. Do you think it's for a fight or a fashion show?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I wonder why dealers have to have a FFL and not a FWL lol :dunno:
    I don't know, that's like asking why don't they call it a "federal gun license"?

I don't believe the OP asked if the word "firearm" was a valid English word. He asked if the term "weapon" should be used describe his concealed weapon.

Once again, the word "weapon" is in fact valid. It's not dirty, it doesn't imply evil, and it's not improper English. No one has said "firearm", "gun", "pistol" or "sidearm" are invalid words.

It's really not hard to get this. I don't know why so many of you struggle with a word that's been clearly defined in the dictionary.

I think my favorite gaffe in all of this is thinking the word weapon implies something evil or inherently bad. :D

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I don't know, that's like asking why don't they call it a "federal gun license"?

I don't believe the OP asked if the word "firearm" was a valid English word. He asked if the term "weapon" should be used describe his concealed weapon.

Once again, the word "weapon" is in fact valid. It's not dirty, it doesn't imply evil, and it's not improper English. No one has said "firearm", "gun", "pistol" or "sidearm" are invalid words.

It's really not hard to get this. I don't know why so many of you struggle with a word that's been clearly defined in the dictionary.

I think my favorite gaffe in all of this is thinking the word weapon implies something evil or inherently bad. :D
    Ever get the feeling people take there self way to serious (j/k) :D I dont think any of there terms are evil . Heck I call mine MY BOOM-STICKS :draw: And with that I bit this threak farewell :patriot:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Ever get the feeling people take there self way to serious (j/k) :D I dont think any of there terms are evil . Heck I call mine MY BOOM-STICKS :draw: And with that I bit this threak farewell :patriot:

Are you getting too serious? :D

I'm not getting serious man, I'm just having some fun.

Check out post #5:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/135040-post5.html

...and post #33:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/135519-post33.html

...and post #46
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/136110-post46.html

People other than myself were talking about "evil". I'm responding to those comments.

Some people here think the word "weapon" is a bad word or implies an inanimate object could be nefarious.

The fact of the matter is, a firearm carried for personal defense is a weapon. That was the question the OP asked. Is it appropriate to refer to his handgun as a weapon when carried for personal protection? Yes, it is. Once again, I doubt he's carrying it as a fashion accessory.

:draw:

Top Bottom