• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Just read a post (Drudge) where 20+ students were slashed with a knife in China. Wonder if they will want to rid their citizens of knives.
    Bottom line. Looks like gun control don't stop those who want to do evil.

Legislators in China aren't that stupid. Plus they don't have to play to the peanut gallery like those in America.

Polticking + stupidty = asinine and useless laws

We go much further down the path we're on, and China will start to look like a shining city of liberty on a hill.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    It's cool tho! We need to go shooting sometime!

uh, how you going to go shooting with him if you want all his guns banned.

You are one strange bird.

I think when he shows up at the range you are going to yell "ITS A TRAP" and like 10 agents are going to pop out the trees.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    uh, how you going to go shooting with him if you want all his guns banned.

You are one strange bird.

I think when he shows up at the range you are going to yell "ITS A TRAP" and like 10 agents are going to pop out the trees.

ROFLMAO I nearly peed myself!!! and I don't want guns banned!!!

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Hey now I'm sixteen and I don't say stupid stuff. :D

Anyone else notice how real bullets don't flash like the ones in COD? Seriously, someone ought to tell Winchester, Federal, and Remington that they aren't being realistic.
    sounds like some one i wouldnt mind shooting with

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I dont know if you have a kid in kindergarden or not. However, I would gladly pay my share to keep her school secure. I would imagine that any of the parents of the 18 children today would pay any ammount if it could have prevented this.

Most ridiculous post of the thread. Not because you want to do something to improve security, but because you actually think security can be improved to the point that this can be prevented. If you get your wish I'll have to stop calling the government schools proto-prisons (hat tip to Lex) and go with a full-fledged prison status.

As the parent of a kindergartner, this is is appalling. As has been posted numerous times on this board, gun free zones do not work. Could someone have stopped this tradgedy? Maybe, maybe not. But with laws the way they are, I couldn't have stopped it, because I cannot carry my firearm outside of my vehicle. I can't even get out of my car and leave it locked inside, as I must get out and walk up to the school to pick up my daughter.

But you can choose not to send your kids to places where you or someone you trust can't defend them as you see fit.

I have a decidedly different perspective on this that about 90% of INGO I'm betting, but the "identity the problem" phase seems to be focusing on the wrong details.

just ban [STRIKE]going to[/STRIKE] government schools
    This would probably have better results.

We should all be able to express an opinion here, regardless of how ridiculous it may be - as long as it is in good taste and topical.

We really need to understand what made this dude snap. The gun was just a tool. Were there no signs that this was going to happen?

Does it matter? "We" couldn't have done anything about it. And for those that could, are "we" in a position to make them? We can't control people's lives to that degree.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    My heart bleeds for the parents. I could not imagine the hurt....

This is just my opinion;
    Repeal the "safe zone laws", enact legislation that supports education, training, and then give the option to teachers and staff to conceal carry. May not be the fix all, but if some freaking crazy gets the urge to shoot some children he/she might think on it when they realize over half the building is packing.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I skipped ahead because this thread is growing so fast, so if this point is a repeat excuse it.
    The Israelis had this problem years ago and found the only practical answer...arm the faculty!
    They are as educated as any cop and deal with stressful and often hostile situation on a daily basis.
    More importantly they are right there. These days it's hard to imagine anyone getting into a school with out being met by a staff member. We have seen several school shooting where teachers attempted to reason with the perp.....when they should have just shot him.
    It works in Israel and it would work here if we had the will.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I can't believe I'm sayin this buy this school shooting is the final straw!! I'm a strong NRA member and supporter,

ROT IN HELL ADAM LANZA

STOP TREATING ME LIKE ****!!! I POSTED THIS AS A WAY TO RAISE AWARENESS OF THIS HORRIBLE TRADEGY

I MY SELF OWN 7+ GUNS AND THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION SO I THERFORE LOVE MY RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS

!!!!!!!!!!!STOP HARRASING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no you're not. A strong supporter would know that selling your rights because of what some idiot does isn't what you immediately go to when some whackjob shows s/he is insane. Laws don't stop these sorts of things.

Every year, the equivalent of an entire kindergarten class and then some is killed by falling TVs.

Ban flat screens! :rolleyes:

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT BANNING FLAT SCREENS!!!! AFTER MY HAND HEALS FROM PUNCHING THE BASEMENT WALL, I'M WRITING MY SENATOR AND HAVING YOUR RIGHT TO PROPOSE INSANE LAWS REVOKED!!!!

NOW can we have neg rep back? Just this once?

I agree, I love my flat screen TV.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Schools in troubled areas (like Israel) do not let themselves become sitting ducks. The teachers are trained to defend the children. Weapons are readily available, and not pea shooters, full auto rock and roll defenders of the innocent.
    In America, a school is one of the places that any coward or lunitic that is mad at GOD can freely extract his hate with almost no fear of getting any resistance.

More gun restrictions would not have saved lives, it would have just changed methods. The class warfare that gripped Ireland for an entire generation did not use many firearms. They did a lot of bombing, burning and bobby trapping, causing huge amounts of collateral and personel damage. The likelyhood of an armed person stopping a shooter is entirely possible. The likelyhood of preventing an explosion after the bomb detonator has been put in cycle is patently improbable.

I am not heartless. I was actually in tears today as I followed the news reports. As a grandpa and someone who had a couple of part time jobs that included carrying a side arm, I am quick to examine my logic to settle in my heart and mind what I would have done.

It is sad, but the prevention would not be with further gun restrictions.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Surprised it took him this long....

He had to wait a few hours before politicizing the tragedy for the purpose of making at least a pretense of being a decent human being. The sheep have short enough attention spans that it isn't necessary to wait until tomorrow morning.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Nobody bash me for this, I am just curious. But could making the private sale of any firearm, unless it is through a ffl illegal, potentially stop some massacres.

No.

Even were all firearm sales restricted to specific, government-approved vendors people would still buy, sell and trade on the black market. The more illegal you make it the more people trade it under wraps.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Nobody bash me for this, I am just curious. But could making the private sale of any firearm, unless it is through a ffl illegal, potentially stop some massacres.

No. Some people steal guns and then do bad things. And background checks cannot foretell future bad acts. If it were that simple, the State would be able to circumvent all crime. Think Minority Report, or 1984 "thoughtcrime" for possible downside.

FFLs and the BATFE aren't mind readers.

Most of the problem is the Left wants to deny that there are evil people (unless they're in the GOP) in the world. So they think it's easier to simply emasculate the entire society, for the government's convenience.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

No. If you notice, most of the guns used in such massacres were in fact bought by the user from a FFL holding dealer after filling out their 4473, having a background check, and receiving official permission to exercise a supposed right. I fail to see what screwing with private sales is going to do to change this. This suggestion comes from the same stream of logic in which Britain passed severe restrictions on shotguns after a murder was committed with a handgun which was already illegal as acquired by the user. Attacking a device or condition other than that used in the event is completely nonsensical as well as ineffective. You have discovered an answer looking for a question.

Incidentally, you may have noticed that making drugs categorically illegal has failed to stop their importation and sale.

Now that we have addressed that this is completely ineffective for the supposed purpose, now let me ask you this: We are already living in something approaching a surveillance society. Do you really want another intrusion of government peaking over your shoulder in the name of stopping criminals who are going to be completely unaffected by the effort?

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    When these politicians and media "experts" share the same concern for the 2,750+ innocent babies slaughtered in this country EVERY DAY, then I'll be more likely to listen to their diatribes on gun control...

Top Bottom