• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nobody bash me for this, I am just curious. But could making the private sale of any firearm, unless it is through a ffl illegal, potentially stop some massacres.

I read on one site that they believe Lanza's mother bought the three firearms legally from a dealer. If true, did it stop this tragedy?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When these politicians and media "experts" share the same concern for the 2,750+ innocent babies slaughtered in this country EVERY DAY, then I'll be more likely to listen to their diatribes on gun control...

:+1: I just got the 'spread the rep' scold.

You are absolutely right (as usual). The selective outrage at murder is astonishing.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The Gov Tried outlawing booze during prohibition. What happened? People still got booze, people still made booze, and crime got out of control, thanks to organized crime. The gov spent millions uselessly to no avail. If you outlaw guns the honest, responsible, law abiding citizen is over a barrell at the mercy of the real bad guys who will still have and will be still able to get guns. Sure it will be hard for bad guys to get'em but thats what organized crime is there for. Its like this you have a gun and a computer. Both inadamant objects. The computer is only gonna do what the use/programmer tells it what to do. You have an AR-15, it only does what the user tells it to do good, bad , or indiffernt. Guns arn't evil, maliciaous people with guns are. Ultimately its the person who is responsible for his/her actions, it wrong to place blame on guns.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    No, no you're not. A strong supporter would know that selling your rights because of what some idiot does isn't what you immediately go to when some whackjob shows s/he is insane. Laws don't stop these sorts of things.

omfg like i said before I WAS ****ING RAISING AWARENESS TO THE SHOOTING WHEN IT FIRST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!! IM NOT SELLING MY RIGHTS TO BEAR ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    omfg like i said before I WAS ****ING RAISING AWARENESS TO THE SHOOTING WHEN IT FIRST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!! IM NOT SELLING MY RIGHTS TO BEAR ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Raising awareness" with knee-jerk emotional outcries doesn't do anything to help any situation.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "Raising awareness" with knee-jerk emotional outcries doesn't do anything to help any situation.

Take it easy on him. He is only 19 and has been growing up on us in the time that this thread has been posted. I understand your point, and got on him pretty hard myself earlier, but I think we have reached the point where he just needs some encouragement. I believe he has learned from this what he needed to learn.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    First let us understand. This is a terrible tragedy and there is not getting around it. We see it for what it is. There are others that see this as only an opportunity to help disarm the general public. There has never been a country or people you can enslave that has an well armed populace. In this country private ownership of fire arms is a right that people will not surrender readily. If the opposition can get one group of FA owners to turn on another they will have taken the first step to total disarmament. They have time on their side and one by one they will have eroded all ownership of firearms. Once that is accomplished all other freedoms will be easy to take away. Can't be done you say. It has already been done before many times over. So you can quiet down and regroup. Stick together as a group. I own several firearms none of which are so called assault weapons. I will never deny your right to own one. I make no distinction between your rights and mine. They are the same.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    They were not his guns so how would stricter gun control have done anything?

"Three weapons were recovered from the school: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot, and a Glock and a Sig Sauer found with Lanza's body, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said. The weapons were legally purchased by Lanza's mother, the official said."

Bad guys will always be able to get guns!

Police: 20 children among 26 victims of Connecticut school shooting - CNN.com

This is a horrible tragedy, no one denies that but taking guns out of law abiding people's hands, or making it harder to purchase will not fix a damn thing!

Last edited:

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just watched an episode of Flashpoint. Hostage situation with a knife and a guy was like its just a knife. Police officer responded "knives are just as dangerous. The don't stick, jam, run out of ammo, and you don't have to be trained to use one." Great quote if you ask me. There are much more dangerous things out there.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    OP, 20 people were stabbed at a school in China TODAY. Guns are illegal, but they are using knives and mentally ill people are committing as many as five mass,school stabbings a month there! Some have death tolls over 10 at a time, with dozens of injuries. It is really as bad as our gun shootings overall, BUT when you hear about it, is your first thought to ban knives? No, that would be silly, right?

You are predisposed to blame guns for crimes because you hear it on the media all the time. We definitely need to do more to keep guns away from lunatics, but there is more to the story. The Chinese aren't looking a knife legislation, they are going to the root of the problem, the mental health system. We need to do the same!

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    OP, 20 people were stabbed at a school in China TODAY. Guns are illegal, but they are using knives and mentally ill people are committing as many as five mass,school stabbings a month there! Some have death tolls over 10 at a time, with dozens of injuries. It is really as bad as our gun shootings overall, BUT when you hear about it, is your first thought to ban knives? No, that would be silly, right?

ban knives in china?? IMPOSSIBRU!!! i love chinese food to much! so if china ban knives therefore chinses food is banned :(

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This incident is a prime example of why we need to get rid of the gun free school zones and put weapons into the school system to protect our kids.

Imagine the results of this tragedy if we were just able to arm these students. :(

Wait - What were the ages?

Imagine the results of this tragedy if we were just able to arm these teachers. :(
    And the principal, secretary, school nurse, librarian, cook, gardener, janitor, etc...

But NO - they have to huddle shaking under a desk and wait their turn. They didn't have a chance. :xmad:

The school I run is full of guns and it's the safest environment for my girls.

Home School for the WIN. :rockwoot:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    How in the hell could anybody be shocked at what happened?
    It should have been expected.
    After all with the media hype and other ailments of our society, one sicko would play a game of "one upmanship" over the last.

I called a KG shooting, after Columbine. Took a while, but figured somebody under psych care and medication would do it.

Timing seems to be a bit too perfect though.

How will the next sick bastid try to top this latest event?

I have my suspicions.

The only way to stop such evil is to shut it down as soon as it starts, or is about to. And for that good people need to be armed.

RHorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    Preventative laws turn law adiding citizens helpless. In any statistical set there will be outliers. These outliers dont follow the law now and wont follow a stricter law. This applies to gun laws, traffic laws, tax laws...someone will always find a way around and the other citizens end up as sheeple that cant do anything. If we continue down this road everyone will be helpless and looking to the lawmakers for permission to anything. If we want to keep our free will (which I do) society needs to recognize that some things are entirely unavoidable and the best that can be done is to have the training and skills to control situations as they unfold. Too much prevention makes a boring society that will still have the same holes it does now.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I understand the OP's anger but it is mis-directed just like the anti-gun liberals. There is evil in this world. Period. Always has been and always will be. It has no reason and it has no logic and it can't be stopped with more laws. It must be defeated or surrendered to or you become a victim of it. Those are the only possibilities.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If one is going to murder, and or also kill their self..............I doubt compliance to lesser laws means anything.

But we have a lot of stupid people these days, many of them degreed. After some of the crap I heard tonight some universities ought to repo some sheepskins.

Top Bottom