• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well, like the good cattle herding media said, it only took 2-3 seconds to dump the mag.....How fast are you?

That's totally believable. I can dump 7 rounds of 12ga, aimed fire and all hits, from a pump gun, in less than 3 seconds. Firing an entire mag of 9mm from a semi-auto in that amount of time is certainly plausible.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I find it actually disgusting how those with a defeatist attitude make a post almost articulating a point and then go run and hide. At least a FEW of us on here are American enough to stand up and defend our positions. I'm almost ashamed to be part of such a flimsy contingency containing so many without even the courage to defend their words but the disgust and shame should be felt by those individuals so I go on with PRIDE and conviction about my life.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    That's totally believable. I can dump 7 rounds of 12ga, aimed fire and all hits, from a pump gun, in less than 3 seconds. Firing an entire mag of 9mm from a semi-auto in that amount of time is certainly plausible.
    YES, so is that enough time for you to react by assessing the situation, decide to take action, draw, find a clear shot, then take it without bringing harm to others? What about the other suspected gunman still at large? I'm not hearing anyone discussing that part of the case....

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    YES, so is that enough time for you to react by assessing the situation, decide to take action, draw, find a clear shot, then take it without bringing harm to others? What about the other suspected gunman still at large? I'm not hearing anyone discussing that part of the case....

Time enough to take action? Depends on the action taken I suppose. Evidently there was enough time for folks from the crowd to tackle the gunman. Maybe they prevented him from reloading and continuing to shoot. I don't know.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There are MANY here that are making assumptions about others here and barraging them with PMs only to not even post their view among these pages, or posting a partial view based on those assumptions and then running away without defending their points. I find that to be rather cowardly and closed/narrow minded.

At this point in the game, that is all that anyone is doing, really. That goes for the media as well. I imagine it will be several days or weeks before all the correct information is made available. That's the conundrum we find ourselves in when this kind of incident first happens. There is so much unreliable information out there that folks start making assumptions and I don't need to tell you what happens when you assume. This is an emotionally charged topic, that's for sure. I encourage everyone in this thread to step back for a minute and think before you click the "submit reply" button.:twocents::ingo:

Glock18FA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Did anyone ever come up where he was trained to shoot?

Most people that shoot into crowds like this kill one or two people. To kill 5 and wound so many he seemed to be very proficient with his weapon.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    thats because we dont know anything about them or even if there is one. its still hearsay.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Most people that shoot into crowds like this kill one or two people. To kill 5 and wound so many he seemed to be very proficient with his weapon.

Maybe they weren't bullet wounds. He was using a Glock, after all. Maybe it blew up?

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008

it was estimated that he was only 3-5ft from the victims that isnt a very hard target.

can anyone confirm for sure about the rumor that a 30rd mag was used? and the pic on his myspace looks like a g-19. i had read it was a glock 17 somewhere yesterday

Last edited:

Glock18FA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    it was estimated that he was only 3-5ft from the victims

I understand that but people dont have a tendency to stand still to be shot.

After the first shot goes off and a person falls its SHTF time and people scatter.

To hit as many moving targets as he did tells me that this wasnt the first time he had a gun in his hands.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Feh, that's just the usual anti-gun, dancing in the blood of victims crap that's to be expected. That one didn't even make any sense. Paul Helmke, over at the Brady Bunch did a better job and managed to smear more people. Olbermann's rant on MSNBC was classic lefty propaganda. They're pros, the other guys a piker.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    I understand that but people dont have a tendency to stand still to be shot.

After the first shot goes off and a person falls its SHTF time and people scatter.

To hit as many moving targets as he did tells me that this wasnt the first time he had a gun in his hands.
    we are talking nearly seconds hear. alot of people would be in shock and standing there trying to figure out what to do and even trying to help the people that had already been hit. there is the possibilty that matter had been expended and blinded people not allowing them to see where to go. and people may have piled ontop of each other trying to run in opposite directions

swalters

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Get ready for price increases

This dispicable act this nut case pulled off is going to open the door for this administration to go after high capacity mags, ammo and additional regulations. If I recall when Obama was elected Ammo was hard to get and hidh capacity mags for rifle and pistols were either hard to get or the price went up. This next gun show (indy 1500) will be intresting. According to the media the guy had a glock usig the ' large high powered deadly 9mm' with a high capicty mag. If anyone needs good quality mags check out CDNN whle you can.:patriot:

Top Bottom