• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    well the quotes about obama saying the judge wasn't an activist whack job, we really don't know.. the media could have just made those up...

i'd really like to hear some answers as to why 6 people had to die and not just the political figures.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    because the guy was nuts.
    i still don't think he is nuts as we think he is...

what constitutes someone nuts?

we all think of bad stuff, is it only when we act on that bad stuff we become nuts?

does it become nuts when we cannot comprehend the long term consequences of our actions.

I believe this guy has the maturity (and imho 99% of whackjobs are just immature kids who don't want to grow up) to know the long term consequences of his actions.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

we all think of bad stuff, is it only when we act on that bad stuff we become nuts?

does it become nuts when we cannot comprehend the long term consequences of our actions.

I believe this guy has the maturity (and imho 99% of whackjobs are just immature kids who don't want to grow up) to know the long term consequences of his actions.

well what did it for me (if its realy his rantings) was the youtube video he made with the text. i was like :n00b:!?!?!?!
    knew he was loony after seeing that one.

but here is something you can say about that. America ..... its so ****ed up right now, even a loon can see it, he just cant make a coherent statement about it. :noway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Long term consequences? No, but here is the usual definition of nuts:

M'Naughten Rule n. a traditional "right and wrong" test of legal insanity in criminal prosecutions. Under M'Naughten (its name comes from the trial of a notorious English assassin in the early 1800s), a defendant is legally insane if he/she cannot distinguish between right and wrong in regard to the crime with which he/she is charged. If the judge or the jury finds that the accused could not tell the difference, then there could not be criminal intent. Considering modern psychiatry and psychology, tests for lack of capacity to "think straight" (with lots of high-priced expert testimony) are used in most states either under the American Law Institute's Model Penal Code or the "Durham Rule."

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Still no matter how much I dislike some of the Congress, this is UNCALLED for and can not be justified. We change laws by the power of the Vote. We change power peacefully.

The thing that should have us worried is the media tried to place in on the 'right'. How will they spin this when he came from the left?

What does DHS do now? How will they label this?

My Prayers to the families who lost.......

IMHO - He was nuts, but KNEW what he wanted to do.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    He was using a Glock chambered in 9mm, with the extended ~30 round magazine (per CNN). The doctors are not sure if she'll live, but they're "optimistic" as of an hour ago. I've been catching bits and pieces on CNN all night/morning. A few thoughts:

Posting about inciting civil war (copied and pasted for your viewing pleasure)
    Just so we're clear:

ANY post suggesting or advocating civil war, inciting violence against the government or any other similar post will not be tolerated and will be summarily deleted. This forum is presented (for free) to the members of this board and the owner has asked that posts of that nature not be made.

This board is dedicated to guns and gun-related issues, and NOT as Ground Zero for the Revolution. This issue is now closed for discussion.

I know it's been addressed before---my issue isn't the posting of the rule, it's your "issue is now closed for discussion" sentence. You are not a MOD, and I don't care if you have the apparent blessing of the MODs. Keep that attitude to yourself please.:twocents:

Two things.

1. The insults and revolution talk will cease or there will be bans.

2. See #1.

That is all

Sheesh. I leave you guy for 14 hours and there's threats and infractions and more threats being thrown around? Good grief Charlie Brown ;):):

The press is now starting the narrative that will be accepted by the rest of them.

Loughner: I can't trust the government - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

If you dislike big government, (or government in general) then you'll be lumped in with this guy.

Exactly. THIS is what I find most disturbing. Obviously they've intensified their scrutiny of INGO, whether the MODS have already confirmed it on their end or not. It is not being callous to be aware that those who own firearms and wish to see this nation returned to Constitutional rule are now at an even greater risk. The main focus for an HOUR on CNN today was that he purchased the firearm legally and that it can "fire rounds in rapid succession...one after another and he had a 30 round magazine".

I hate it when 9 year old kids try to force communism on me. I say we kill them all.

:rolleyes:

(insult removed from quote -- BoR)

Good God, it's so thick it's like cement in here. :n00b: Can you PLEASE take your blatant insults and trolling to another thread? PLEASE? I'm sure this post will earn me an infraction, but I KNOW I'm not the only one who is scratching their head over your disrespect and rudeness.

Last edited by a moderator:

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    First off my prayers are with the families of the victims. Second I don't know what or how many gun owners live in AZ but I think it is responsibility of each legal gun owner to carry and help protect those who don't. I don't think something like this would happen here in IN because of all the good standing gun owners that will help protect those who choice not to protect themselves. Again this is just my humble opinion. May god bless everyone who has took the challenge to go into public office.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The key here isn't whether he was right or left wing, Kirk. It was that he was, by any account, a lunatic. After reading his "videos" and other stuff, I am convinced that he is not sane, and I think his actions back that up. Neither side should be pointing fingers and both should be worried. There are people on both sides who will use this to further their agenda and that's despicable.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    He was using a Glock chambered in 9mm, with the extended ~30 round magazine (per CNN). The doctors are not sure if she'll live, but they're "optimistic" as of an hour ago. I've been catching bits and pieces on CNN all night/morning. A few thoughts:

I know it's been addressed before---my issue isn't the posting of the rule, it's your "issue is now closed for discussion" sentence. You are not a MOD, and I don't care if you have the apparent blessing of the MODs. Keep that attitude to yourself please.:twocents:

PatriotPride (and anyone else who took issue with it), Here is Scutter's post.
    Just so we're clear:

ANY post suggesting or advocating civil war, inciting violence against the government or any other similar post will not be tolerated and will be summarily deleted. This forum is presented (for free) to the members of this board and the owner has asked that posts of that nature not be made.

This board is dedicated to guns and gun-related issues, and NOT as Ground Zero for the Revolution. This issue is now closed for discussion.

Click the little blue arrow; you'll find that the "The issue is now closed for discussion." was not firecop's addition, it was the end of Scutter's post. If you're upset about that being posted, your ire at it being posted by someone who is not a mod is out of place. All firecop did was quote the post. Because the post is in a closed thread, he couldn't click "quote" like I just did. I suggest that those who would focus their anger at that should perhaps have made a few clicks of the mouse and read the post themselves, especially since some of you say you know the rule in place.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    First off my prayers are with the families of the victims. Second I don't know what or how many gun owners live in AZ but I think it is responsibility of each legal gun owner to carry and help protect those who don't. I don't think something like this would happen here in IN because of all the good standing gun owners that will help protect those who choice not to protect themselves. Again this is just my humble opinion. May god bless everyone who has took the challenge to go into public office.

I have to disagree. It is not my responsibility to protect anyone but myself and my family. It may be my choice to do so, but to make it my responsibility is to make me liable under the law should I choose not to do so and that I cannot accept. Further, if it is my responsibility to protect them, why is it not their responsibility to protect themselves? What happens if I am the one who needs that protection? (say, because someone got the drop on me- we all know you can't outdraw a drawn gun) I would hope another lawful gun owner would be carrying and come to my aid, but as the saying goes, "hope is not a strategy".

Don't think I'm challenging your right to your opinion, I'm not. I just don't agree with your conclusion. :) Lastly.... I would expand your wish a bit, if I may: May God bless everyone. Yes, even those in public office. For those who don't believe in Him as I do, please simply take this as wishing you well.

Blessings,
    Bill

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I don't think something like this would happen here in IN because of all the good standing gun owners that will help protect those who choice not to protect themselves.

I have to disagree. It is not my responsibility to protect anyone but myself and my family. It may be my choice to do so, but to make it my responsibility is to make me liable under the law should I choose not to do so and that I cannot accept. Further, if it is my responsibility to protect them, why is it not their responsibility to protect themselves? What happens if I am the one who needs that protection? (say, because someone got the drop on me- we all know you can't outdraw a drawn gun) I would hope another lawful gun owner would be carrying and come to my aid, but as the saying goes, "hope is not a strategy".

Don't think I'm challenging your right to your opinion, I'm not. I just don't agree with your conclusion.

I'm also going to disagree. But for a slightly different reason. Those of us who carry a weapon to defend ourselves, our loved ones, and maybe even random strangers who might be in harm's way, are a distinct minority. Sure, there's lots of people who own guns in Indiana. A far smaller subset of them carry one with them at all times. An even smaller subset of them train even a little bit in how to use it.

I'd estimate that in any random crowd of a hundred people here in Indiana, maybe only 2-3 of them are carrying a gun, and of those, maybe one has actually had any training the use it well in such a situation.

I think things would be very different if even 10% of the population carried and had the training to use their weapon effectively.

I'm also going to go out on a limb here and speculate on how many people have enough emergency medical training to effectively care for seriously wounded people in the immediate aftermath of such a shooting situation. More lives can also be saved if this companion component to being armed was as widely followed.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    well the quotes about obama saying the judge wasn't an activist whack job, we really don't know.. the media could have just made those up...

i'd really like to hear some answers as to why 6 people had to die and not just the political figures.
    in all honesty i suspect he went for the congresswomen and everyone else tried to stop him and he started spraying. its the only thing that i think makes since here. otherwise why would the little girl be in the mix.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The key here isn't whether he was right or left wing, Kirk. It was that he was, by any account, a lunatic. After reading his "videos" and other stuff, I am convinced that he is not sane, and I think his actions back that up. Neither side should be pointing fingers and both should be worried. There are people on both sides who will use this to further their agenda and that's despicable.

The key may not be his political bent, but Kirk is correct to ensure that it's out there so that when the reverse is claimed... whether because it's Chris Matthews with his tingly leg making the (hypothetical, at this point) claim that it was because she is a Democrat or Nancy Grace claiming it's because she is pro-immigration or it's Katie Couric claiming this happened because she's Jewish, the point needs to be clear and not glossed over that before the Leftist/Liberal adherents in the media or elsewhere claim that this is a Right/Conservative/"Tea Party" problem, they need to get their own house in order.

I would like to think that I am a small part of an enormous majority of lawful gun owners who need no law to keep us from misusing our guns as this person in AZ did yesterday.

Blessings,
    Bill

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm also going to disagree. But for a slightly different reason. Those of us who carry a weapon to defend ourselves, our loved ones, and maybe even random strangers who might be in harm's way, are a distinct minority. Sure, there's lots of people who own guns in Indiana. A far smaller subset of them carry one with them at all times. An even smaller subset of them train even a little bit in how to use it.

I'd estimate that in any random crowd of a hundred people here in Indiana, maybe only 2-3 of them are carrying a gun, and of those, maybe one has actually had any training the use it well in such a situation.

I think things would be very different if even 10% of the population carried and had the training to use their weapon effectively.
    maybe even lower numbers than that. I think your being generous :):

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008

ok you got me thinking now

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom