• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The key here isn't whether he was right or left wing, Kirk. It was that he was, by any account, a lunatic. After reading his "videos" and other stuff, I am convinced that he is not sane, and I think his actions back that up. Neither side should be pointing fingers and both should be worried. There are people on both sides who will use this to further their agenda and that's despicable.

I concur, but the information the professor provides reminds us, just like the Discovery Channel shooting or Mayor Bloomberg and the Times Square incident, that the media's hobby horses will be saddled and ready. We need to be able to respond.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    :dunno: back in the day no problemo, but i said everyone i dont think he would have pulled his pistol if he thought everyone was armed :popcorn:
    the U.S. needs to upgrade our carry laws make it mandatory to carry

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    :dunno: back in the day no problemo, but i said everyone i dont think he would have pulled his pistol if he thought everyone was armed :popcorn:
    Yes, he would have pulled his firearm. It's happened in the past when armed people were present. How many people were likely armed in Ford's Theatre in DC when Lincoln got whacked? Or in the crowd when McKinley bought it? Hell, Reagan was surrounded by armed guards and he still got shot. Crazy people don't care.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yes, he would have pulled his firearm. It's happened in the past when armed people were present. How many people were likely armed in Ford's Theatre in DC when Lincoln got whacked? Or in the crowd when McKinley bought it? Hell, Reagan was surrounded by armed guards and he still got shot. Crazy people don't care.

Bingo.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks for the link. Sounds like the guy would have had one heck of a confrontation had the other people not pinned the shooter down.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    From the New York Times on the motivations of the alleged shooter:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us/politics/09shooter.html?_r=1

Another former high school classmate said that Mr. Loughner may have met Representative Giffords, who was shot in the head outside the Safeway supermarket, several years ago.
    “As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy,” the former classmate, Caitie Parker, wrote in a series of Twitter feeds Saturday. “I haven’t seen him since ’07 though. He became very reclusive.”
    “He was a political radical & met Giffords once before in ’07, asked her a question & he told me she was ‘stupid & unintelligent,’ ” she wrote.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Going beyond the incident and concerning gun rights.....

When nidal hasan killed the 13 and wounded 30 at Ft. Hood
    how many of our rights were removed or further infringed?

I know it adds more ammo (no pun intended) to the anti's agenda items
    and it's a typical worry but nothing happened during that debacle.

Another item that frosted me was the Sherriff out in AZ
    blaming radio and tv (I know what he is trying to imply and he would make keith olberman proud.)
    He has a large chip on his shoulder and could not restrain himself
    or his political views during a tragedy.
    He is a jackweed trying to make a political point, no class. :noway:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    PatriotPride (and anyone else who took issue with it), Here is Scutter's post.

Click the little blue arrow; you'll find that the "The issue is now closed for discussion." was not firecop's addition, it was the end of Scutter's post. If you're upset about that being posted, your ire at it being posted by someone who is not a mod is out of place. All firecop did was quote the post. Because the post is in a closed thread, he couldn't click "quote" like I just did. I suggest that those who would focus their anger at that should perhaps have made a few clicks of the mouse and read the post themselves, especially since some of you say you know the rule in place.

Blessings,
    Bill

ok you know what the beauty of cut/paste is? you can control what is there. the last line should not have been added to fircops post. truthfully i wouldnt have had any problems with his post had it not been there. i have read scutters post and did remember it,however i didnt remember him posting "this matter is now closed". him adding that made him look like he was on a power high and was trying to boss us around. please see it from our point of view. how would you see it if i ended this post with the same quote? would you then think i was overstepping my bounds? not trying to be a jerk, i just want the mods to understand what it looks like to all of us

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    the U.S. needs to upgrade our carry laws make it mandatory to carry

and what about the certain percentage of our society that are felons? what about those that simply don't have the aptitude to carry let alone use a firearm? and why should that be forced on anyone like some laws have been forced on us gun owners?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Going beyond the incident and concerning gun rights.....

When nidal hasan killed the 13 and wounded 30 at Ft. Hood
    how many of our rights were removed or further infringed?

I know it adds more ammo (no pun intended) to the anti's agenda items
    and it's a typical worry but nothing happened during that debacle.

Another item that frosted me was the Sherriff out in AZ
    blaming radio and tv (I know what he is trying to imply and he would make keith olberman proud.)
    He has a large chip on his shoulder and could not restrain himself
    or his political views during a tragedy.
    He is a jackweed trying to make a political point, no class. :noway:

Playing devil's advocate for a second: How about the people that their knee jerk reaction is to say that WE are politicizing the need for less restrictions to carry or constitutional carry due to this event? I am not asking as something I would say, but let's have our "story" straight when someone tries to bring that point against us as the inevitable antigunners will do so.

The Ft. Hood shooting and eventually this one will become political, particularly the "30 round mag" situation. What separates these stories from the ones on local news of Johnny Rae Huckle**** shooting his old lady 'cause she didn't pick up any Skoal is the political aspect of them: government personnel and in this case, government leadership being shot.

Now that is out of the way... :D:D

Left wing, right wing, doesn't matter. This guy used force to pursue a political point: That is terrorism. This opens some serious implications for us, particularly as the media is portraying him as a tea partier and right winger due to weapon of choice, but the analysis of his rants is proving otherwise. To "politicize" this, consider the VERY caustic political situation our nation is in right now: Palin's website was an abomination and herself included. Her political rhetoric is filled with "shooting" or allusions to shooting, I guess to try to win over those who cannot comprehend political discourse and proper terminology. BOTH sides of the aisle can learn from this. Compromise, intellect and patience wins and doesn't destroy rights, unlike this jagov's actions are potentially threatening right now...

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    oh, be careful, you will be labeled a cop basher since its cops that protect him. he is protected because he is a mayor of a big city and has a police force under his control (or lack there of).

look a couple pages back and you will see post about the lack of security for congress. nothing new.

Well, they looked and acted like thugs, and they were plainclothes.

I was actually offended by it all at one of events. It was a reunion of the USS Indianapolis survivors, and Ballard had his goons keeping a watch on the SURVIVORS. Not only had they served their country well in WWII, but they had spent 5 days or so stranded in the ocean, soaked in oil, fighting off sharks. Not to mention that they were all well over 80 years old.

Ballard apparently felt that he was soooo special that he didn't trust those old guys.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Either that or someone had an anti-gun agenda that they want to push through, and this gives them momentum.

There's almost always a nasty mass shooting when anti-gun legislation is ready to come up for vote.

Coincidence??
    Unfortunately, for that theory, there's no anti-gun legislation currently in the works.

Top Bottom