• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Fox News sucks...fair and balanced my ass.
    Why are they protecting Sarah by not reporting the facts about her having AZ in the crosshairs? [EDIT] I see where they are now reporting it on Geraldo's show.[/edit]

Somehow I just don't see her having a chance at the Whitehouse now.

sarahpac_0.jpg

Last edited:

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Why are they protecting Sarah by not reporting the facts about her having AZ in the crosshairs?

sarahpac_0.jpg

.....because it DOESN'T MATTER!! There is no way anyone could have forseen a 22 year old mentally unstable lefty shooting up a congress-critter's meeting at a Safeway supermarket!

Yeah, um, because she plotted to have this happen. Uhh, she put out this hit list and, um, its about time people recognize it for what it is.

How does not reporting non-news make them bad? This is the kind of idiotic "gotcha" garbage that everyone on here rags on MSNBC for. Yes, Chris Matthews might have a ball with it, but thinking people realize that sometimes hair-thin, incidental, irrelevant connections exist.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Lee Hamilton spoke at the high school here quite a few years back, there were maybe 15 people in the room, and he stood around and shot the **** for an hour or so after his speech. There was no security there at all. He was alone. He was a really nice guy, too.

Lee Hamilton is white trash
    Duncan

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    .....because it DOESN'T MATTER!! There is no way anyone could have forseen a 22 year old mentally unstable lefty shooting up a congress-critter's meeting at a Safeway supermarket!

Yeah, um, because she plotted to have this happen. Uhh, she put out this hit list and, um, its about time people recognize it for what it is.

How does not reporting non-news make them bad? This is the kind of idiotic "gotcha" garbage that everyone on here rags on MSNBC for. Yes, Chris Matthews might have a ball with it, but thinking people realize that sometimes hair-thin, incidental, irrelevant connections exist.

Ok, whatever...important at 2:20 mins...

YouTube - Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Talks Palin Cross Hairs

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Why are they protecting Sarah by not reporting the facts about her having AZ in the crosshairs? [EDIT] I see where they are now reporting it on Geraldo's show.[/edit]

sarahpac_0.jpg

this has been up for how long now?do you really think the media would have let it slide if this was a hit list? no they would have smelled blood in the water and went for lunch.
    this is a political stance not a physical one. as far as fox, please show me a better mainstream that tells it like it is? msnbc, abc, cnn? dont think so man.
    Depending on what legislation this may bring, she may have a better chance at the white house now.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    this has been up for how long now?do you really think the media would have let it slide if this was a hit list? no they would have smelled blood in the water and went for lunch.
    this is a political stance not a physical one. as far as fox, please show me a better mainstream that tells it like it is? msnbc, abc, cnn? dont think so man.
    Depending on what legislation this may bring, she may have a better chance at the white house now.

I didn't say any were better...just sighting that they too are biased in reporting at times.
    I've seen it far too often when they have political members speaking and say something wrong/incorrect, Fox rarely calls them out on it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Lee Hamilton is white trash
    Duncan

Just curious, have you ever met him?

Back on topic...in all seriousness folks...get a grip on reality. A lot of people were shot today, and several killed by a young man. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't mentally unstable.

This will unfortunately turn out to be a political battle line regarding a lot of different things.

But at the end of the day, this is yet another case where we need to quit pointing fingers at each other, quit making excuses for our actions, etc., and wake up and realize that there are some serious things wrong in our country right now.

But even if everything was the perfect Utopia everyone wants to believe can be achieved, the reality is that bad things do happen unfortunately, and have been ever since the first humans walked this earth.

Since the dawn of man, murder has been a reality, and, in the 6000+ (or millions if you aren't of the young earth crowd) years, nobody has been able to do anything to stop it. Gun control, criminal justice systems, psychologists, etc. haven't made any dent in it, and people continue to kill other people.

Should we throw in the towel? Heck no we shouldn't. But do we honestly think that treating knee jerk reactions, assigning blame to a particular group / party, or pounding our chest asking for tougher laws to "Prevent" such crimes is really going to do anything?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting different results. The only way we're going to ever have a country or world where people can enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of hapiness is to allow them to do just that....not just weave back in forth between an ever tightening set of laws and regulations.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I feel compelled to post my deep sadness when reading this thread and the content of some of the posts in it. However, beyond saying that, I'm am speechless, truly speechless.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    I didn't say any were better...just sighting that they too are biased in reporting at times.
    I've seen it far too often when they have political members speaking and say something wrong/incorrect, Fox rarely calls them out on it.
    your right about that,i do wish they would

i think the reason they dont is, that person will never again agree to be on fox news and if something happens later on down the road they may really want to talk with that person.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I feel compelled to post my deep sadness when reading this thread and the content of some of the posts in it. However, beyond saying that, I'm am speechless, truly speechless.

yeah, its a sad event, but am i gonna lose a nights sleep over what happens to congress critters, most of whom trample on our rights? nope.
    Am I gonna be a loon and do what this guy did? NOPE for sure NOPE!! criminals shoot people everyday because they are mad at them for some retarded reason and think killing them is the right answer. the only reason this event is even on MY radar is because it affects what could come down on the rest of us good citizens in retaliation for one crazy sick mans actions.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ok, I have composed some of my thoughts. WE don't "have problems" here. Why is that? WE are alive. WE are not among the dead. WE might have a splinter of inconvenience in our lives as a result but that is better than the victims have now (death). WE did not lose our 9yr old daughter. We did not lose a loved one. So let us not concentrate too much on ourselves here. WE should be better than that...some are obviously not.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Ok, I have composed some of my thoughts. WE don't "have problems" here. Why is that? WE are alive. WE are not among the dead. WE might have a splinter of inconvenience in our lives as a result but that is better than the victims have now (death). WE did not lose our 9yr old daughter. We did not lose a loved one. So let us not concentrate too much on ourselves here. WE should be better than that...some are obviously not.

how do you* know what WE have lost or not lost? I will not advocate a splinter of unconstitutional inconvenience for unrealistic and false senses of security, no matter how many times i am the victim due to it.

its all sad, so sad, the world is sad and things are bad, boo hoo, pitty on me, i will just be here drowning in my tears. <<< this is the attitude America has now. why dont instead of crying about things past and unfix-able or putting on a band-aid to a chest wound, we stand up and actually fix the problems and stop playing the sad sorry poor me victims?

denny, this isnt directed at you, but you just said some things in your posts that allowed me to direct some points.

* not really YOU directly denny

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008

im afraid that splinter will be in the form of a bill banning certain guns, or where we can take them or some other hogwash. and that splinter will be stuck on my **s because thats how it will feel to me.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I just don't think this is the time to be callous.

I'm not a crybaby or spineless, but what happened today is really disturbing.

Imagine how the families of those killed or maimed are feeling tonight?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Yup this will probably lead for a push for gun control. She has a D+ rating from the NRA and a D- from the GOA. The only way this will not lead to calls for greater gun controls is if she was murdered by some sort of protester who is from some ethnic or social cause that can overshadow the gun issue. I'm not counting on that.

Well, according to one article I read, the alleged shooter was an Obama supporter who happens to be gay, and athiest.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

yeah its disturbing, but realy no different or less tragic than any other mass murder.

this is gonna have political repercussions, and thats what this is, is the political threads, not the thread of mourning. im not calling up the families and talking smack, im on an internet thread talking about how this douche bags psychotic criminal actions might have future consequences on my rights.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008

i hate to sound cold because my heart does go out to these people and the families. but this isnt the first time we have had to mourn the many deaths from a madman. ranger is right we need to fix this problem and fast or there will be more threads like this started. There needs to be stiffer penalties for these acts for one(ones that dont punish law abiding citizens)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

You're right Bigs!!
    Some people just don't give a damn about the misfortune of others.
    We all lost something today thanks to a raving loon who couldn't tell reality from the random, worthless, thoughts in his head.
    God save us from such people!

Top Bottom