• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The age of the internet is a bear to business owners. It used to be that you could get away with treating customers bad, rudeness, unsafe practices, whatever (I am not accusing ANYONE of this) but with the internet it gets out there, and QUICK! Business is tougher now than ever for this and other reasons. Stop making excuses and use posts like this to IMPROVE.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    The age of the internet is a bear to business owners. It used to be that you could get away with treating customers bad, rudeness, unsafe practices, whatever (I am not accusing ANYONE of this) but with the internet it gets out there, and QUICK! Business is tougher now than ever for this and other reasons. Stop making excuses and use posts like this to IMPROVE.

Think about how much more quickly a shop or person could improve if the situation was addressed immediately, there in the shop, vs. later on the web. A post like this was not intended to facilitate improvement, just to sling mud.

westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    i'm sorry, not everyone in the world is PERFECT and is incapable of making mistakes like yourself. But i'm sure thy know the and have been told time and time again, but maybe he just spaced it.. THAT BEING SAID

opening your mouth and reminding him may be very helpful!! :dunno:

sometimes I need reminded too (and no it's not due to old age ;))

I am pretty sure I didn't claim to be perfect or incapable of making a mistake.

I did say I had been to several shops and treated fine and never witnessed anything like the original OP experienced.

But gun safety is important and I would think it would start at a gun shop.

And I would guess that when a customer get shot in the face from a salesman behind the counter he would feel better when manager says I told my guy not to do that but I guess he just spaced it. And really its your fault cause you didnt say something.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My personal exerience with Bradis has been pretty good. You have to grab their attention. You do realize how many window shoppers they deal with and how busy they are, right? It doesn't excuse the unsafe action though. Most armorers are just sick of spending time with people who don't buy. Take that into account and be forward with them (not just Bradis) and you'll get service. I've had the "being ignored" problem at damn near every shop I've been to. I chalk it up to their frustration.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    With every right comes responsibility. There are alot of folks out there who own guns simply because they can, without understanding the responsibility that goes along with gun ownership. That young man probably didn't grow up around guns, or didn't have a parent instruct him and never took a class. Never learned rule No. 1 about muzzle control. Too bad no one spoke up today, he might have learned something important. A missed opportunity.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    When someone does this, call them out on it. It sucks when you have to call out a grown man in public for being unsafe, but do it.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Regardless whether it's the shop owner, a shop employee, or another customer.

If you see something bad happening, and you do nothing about it - then all involved can share some blame even those standing on the sidelines watching and doing nothing imho.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    On another note, I have been to Bradis many times and have never had a bad experience. I would urge you not to judge them by this single unpleasant experience.

Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have shouted at more than one person. The last was some dude the had his hand on the trigger and did a sweep to another customer. The sales person did nothing. I did. I told the customer loudly to get his finger off the trigger etc etc etc. It happens. Do something!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Dont know about the shotgun, Ive never seen bad muzzle disiplen at bradis, but on the customer service note, Everytime Im there, once or twice a week, for the period of about an hour, I hear "got any questions" "wanna see anything" "anyone need help" constantly. Ive noticed they have a tendency to address the crowd, and not every individual customer. The guys by the registers usually dont help the guys at the counter, they're checking ppl out and calling in checks. I dunno man, Its not your fault you got a gun pointed at you, but it is everyone's fault for not calling it out, yourself included. If you are going to allow the rare actions created by one counter rep to stain your image of the entire place, good luck to you... Thats more stuff for me to buy at Bradis.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In fairness to the folks at Bradis I have to say that one of the employees PM me with an apology for being ignored. This sends a clear message that they do want to be helpful and maintain their customers. We will go back.

+1

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I can tell you one place that I will never go back to.

Gun safety and muzzle awareness are things we try to drill into all of our employees, and I think we do a pretty good job of it. That said, if something like this happens, it needs to be brought to the attention of the employee and/or management immediately, so that it can be corrected. I was working front of the house all day today, and did not see the incident in question, nor was anything said to me by anyone. If you would like to PM me with a description of the employee(s) in question, I would be happy to take it up with them.

I stood there at the counter for the longest time with no response. There were 3 people at the registers taking money and such, shooter was right next to me and we had a brief comment session and he walked away. OK, I guess I will take my money elsewhere.

Obviously we weren't ignoring you just to ignore you, we were just very busy (one employee manning the entire gun counter, four others engaged with other customers or with other shop business). If I was standing there and we engaged in conversation, why didn't you mention you were looking for something specific? I would have been happy to help you right then. That said, I was pretty well off my game today, trying to beat down whatever creeping crud I picked up during my Texas trip earlier this week. I do apologize if I was less than my usual attentive and engaging self.

You have to grab their attention.

This, please. We try every day to deliver the absolute best customer service we can, but we're not perfect. If you feel you aren't getting the service you deserve, please let someone know at the time so we can help you.

Think about how much more quickly a shop or person could improve if the situation was addressed immediately, there in the shop, vs. later on the web.

QFT. :yesway:

A post like this was not intended to facilitate improvement, just to sling mud.

I wouldn't say that, but it certainly does nothing to help rectify the immediate situation. Now all I can do is go back to my staff and reiterate how important good customer service is, and hope it helps the next guy.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I don't think anyone is trying to say that sweeping is okay. My only issue is that TOO MANY people just allow things to happen and then come online to complain. There were live people in that store who could have been corrected. Even when someone goes in a store to buy something, it's good to say, "I would like service" if someone doesn't appear to notice them. It's just a bunch of whining and complaining that is too often accepted. Use your voice instead of your keyboard and maybe something will happen to stop sweeping and even being ignored in the gun stores.

This!

Regardless of where you are, gun shop or any other place, if there is an issue that is serious enough for you to complain about, whether on an internet forum or verbally elsewhere, you failed at the point you did not voice your opinion or complaint then and there. We have all been somewhere and received bad service of some sorts. But if we just walk away and say nothing to the source, then we have done nothing.

My wife & I recently went into a restaraunt and had bad service. Instead of just leaving and grumbling amongst overselves I asked to speak to the manager. Problem was addressed at its level. Yeah I can name that restaraunt and tell my side but why? It was addressed then and there. I did what I felt was right, I brought it to thier attention. The manager appeared to address the issue with the employee as we were leaving.

The thing is unless you speak of the wrong at the appropriate time you miss the opportunity to help make it right.

:twocents:

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't think anyone is trying to say that sweeping is okay. My only issue is that TOO MANY people just allow things to happen and then come online to complain. There were live people in that store who could have been corrected. Even when someone goes in a store to buy something, it's good to say, "I would like service" if someone doesn't appear to notice them. It's just a bunch of whining and complaining that is too often accepted. Use your voice instead of your keyboard and maybe something will happen to stop sweeping and even being ignored in the gun stores.

^^^^^This^^^^^ plus with all the extra lookers and buying, things are insane at gun stores right now. workers are stressed. lines are long. folks need to be patient and realize that things are crazy right now.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Obviously we weren't ignoring you just to ignore you, we were just very busy (one employee manning the entire gun counter, four others engaged with other customers or with other shop business). If I was standing there and we engaged in conversation, why didn't you mention you were looking for something specific? I would have been happy to help you right then. That said, I was pretty well off my game today, trying to beat down whatever creeping crud I picked up during my Texas trip earlier this week. I do apologize if I was less than my usual attentive and engaging self.

Not so much a conversation as a comment on the many calls you get for 30 rd. AR mags. You never really acknowledged me as you were engrossed in a folder doing logging of some sort. You never looked up. I had been standing there for some time, 30 minutes or so. If I have to grab someone to get their attention I feel it is not my place. I am very busy myself. As I mentioned I went well out of my way to spend money in your shop. I should not have to get loud to be attended to. Just saying, it was not a pleasant experience as my last few visits have ended with me leaving without what I came in for. This is not an isolated incident. Again, the madness has us all.
    I do appreciate the contact from your employee.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You never really acknowledged me as you were engrossed in a folder doing logging of some sort. You never looked up.

Yeah, I was pretty much trying to keep to myself as much as possible while still trying to do something productive; I was in kind of a haze due to the aforementioned illness/medication, and my voice was pretty much shot. I'm really shocked you stood there for 30 minutes and nobody asked if they could help you.

If I have to grab someone to get their attention I feel it is not my place.

Be that as it may, sometimes it might be necessary as employees may be otherwise engaged or assume by your silence that you are one of the many "just looking".

Just saying, it was not a pleasant experience as my last few visits have ended with me leaving without what I came in for.

Due to lack of service, or due to lack of product on the shelves? Two different issues; just trying to clarify here.

I do appreciate the contact from your employee.

Yes, and please accept my apology as well, along with my best assurance we'll try to get it right next time, if you'll give us the chance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Service. Same as today. Again, everyone is tired. I could see it in the faces and responses to other customers.

I understand the lack of available product.

I am sorry you are not well. Had I realized I would have given you a "Gibbs" smack on the head.........:D

Top Bottom