• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Just my opinion, but I believe just a simple PM to shooter could have gotten this handled alot quieter. I have never been to bradis so my judgement is made from all the posts I have seen on INGO.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'd like to pile on here and vent some of my appalling experiences at this "Bradis" you speak of. EVERY single time I walk in the door some jerk immediately asks me how I'm doing, as if its any of his concern. They usually go on to ask if they can help me find anything... I assume they must think I'm entirely too stupid to find anything myself, so I must require their guidance as to not wander aimlessly in circles until I die of dehydration. On one occasion I placated their rudeness and informed them I was in fact looking for a Savage MKII FV-SR, they of course did not have one in stock. The bushy-bearded fellow proceeded to tell me how much he enjoys his FV-SR in an attempt to throw me in to a jealous rage. A couple weeks later someone from this shop had the audacity to call me on my personal phone just to tell me they had gotten one in stock and would hold it for me if I was still interested. I don't need your petty olive branch!! Most recently, against my better judgement, I gave them another try in attempt to find M&P9 mags in this latest AWB panic. I'm not looking to hoard them or resell them, I only wanted enough to shoot FNS, or try out IDPA/USPSA. I made this clear to the fellow behind the counter, and he still wouldn't sell me ANY of the what I assume must be 1000's of them I'm certain are hidden in the back. The guy tried to patronize me on my choice of pistols and then gloated by telling me that he had a few mags and would be happy let me borrow a couple for matches if I let him know a day or two in advance... Do I look like I need a handout?!?!? How insulting!!

I'm so fed up with this place... I'm going back to Don! He doesn't even care about money, he just loves to sell guns.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Geez another one of these? I feel so good about myself knowing I don't have to come to the internet to cry about something I wasn't man enough to address in person.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    We as a community should speak out about safety 100% of the time.
    That doesn't mean be an a$$. I would have said something immediately, and brought it to Bradis's attentionand I am sure they would have wanted to know because they are assuming the responsabiliy for all the drama if something happens.
    Speak up, we owe it to each other.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If a gunshop saleman spoke up every time a customer messed up with safety, he'd run 90% of the folks out the door, or spend all his time discussing the error.

I've had countless folks correct their buddy or sig other (some rudely). About half take away the gun, chew their partner out, while pointing the gun at me. Often finger on the trigger.

Yeah, like I'm going to join in their little superior being conversation.

Not.

If I know/knew the gun to be empty ('because I check every freakin' time) I just let their goofing up slide. Not everybody is going to take it well, no matter how nice you are.

Better IMHO to just let it go.

I don't work at a gunshop anymore and if some customer is being an idiot safety wise or other when I'm at one, I just leave :)

It's an awesome feeling, not having to be around that crap anymore. Just go to my truck and chill, wait for the morons to leave and go back in :)

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    If a gunshop saleman spoke up every time a customer messed up with safety, he'd run 90% of the folks out the door, or spend all his time discussing the error.

I've had countless folks correct their buddy or sig other (some rudely). About half take away the gun, chew their partner out, while pointing the gun at me. Often finger on the trigger.

Yeah, like I'm going to join in their little superior being conversation.

Not.

If I know/knew the gun to be empty ('because I check every freakin' time) I just let their goofing up slide. Not everybody is going to take it well, no matter how nice you are.

Better IMHO to just let it go.

I don't work at a gunshop anymore and if some customer is being an idiot safety wise or other when I'm at one, I just leave :)

It's an awesome feeling, not having to be around that crap anymore. Just go to my truck and chill, wait for the morons to leave and go back in :)

This was a gun off the street , not out of the case. I say speak up.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Been to bradis a handful of times... Some pleasant. Some not so pleasant and i dont care to elaborate because bashing gun stores is not my thing. My latest trip was pretty good. I won't say it's my favorite shop but I've been to much worse and I probably will go back and might even buy. Bradis 2 on the other hand will probably be my place for all reloading equipment. Guy there was extremely helpful and very knowledgable.

jkershner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    An unquiet solace
    I'd like to pile on here and vent some of my appalling experiences at this "Bradis" you speak of. EVERY single time I walk in the door some jerk immediately asks me how I'm doing, as if its any of his concern. They usually go on to ask if they can help me find anything... I assume they must think I'm entirely too stupid to find anything myself, so I must require their guidance as to not wander aimlessly in circles until I die of dehydration. On one occasion I placated their rudeness and informed them I was in fact looking for a Savage MKII FV-SR, they of course did not have one in stock. The bushy-bearded fellow proceeded to tell me how much he enjoys his FV-SR in an attempt to throw me in to a jealous rage. A couple weeks later someone from this shop had the audacity to call me on my personal phone just to tell me they had gotten one in stock and would hold it for me if I was still interested. I don't need your petty olive branch!! Most recently, against my better judgement, I gave them another try in attempt to find M&P9 mags in this latest AWB panic. I'm not looking to hoard them or resell them, I only wanted enough to shoot FNS, or try out IDPA/USPSA. I made this clear to the fellow behind the counter, and he still wouldn't sell me ANY of the what I assume must be 1000's of them I'm certain are hidden in the back. The guy tried to patronize me on my choice of pistols and then gloated by telling me that he had a few mags and would be happy let me borrow a couple for matches if I let him know a day or two in advance... Do I look like I need a handout?!?!? How insulting!!

I'm so fed up with this place... I'm going back to Don! He doesn't even care about money, he just loves to sell guns.

^^^^^^^This is AWESOME.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008

Haha, I spit up coffee reading this! Bradis has been an excellent shop to a lot of people I know. I'm in Anderson, so it's a drive to go down there. But, when I'm ready to buy my wife something, that is where we are going. Sweeps happen. Speak up and reteach. I wouldn't be an ahole about it. Maybe stop the barrel and talk to the person off to the side about it. People make mistakes. :patriot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK....I give up....:D

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I'm not the guy... sort of. I was shopping for a .22 I wanted a trigger like a Savage. Light, and crisp. Selections were great, 20 choices. I opened the bolt an every one, checked to see empty (mag, chamber, etc.) closed bolt. Shouldered, pointed high toward attic, and squeezed. I did find many with good triggers, and a surprise. The stock Ruger 10/22 was one of the worst. Took that baby off my short list. Anyhow....

Coonfinger at the gun story is half the fun. I know guys like me, do draw a few raised eyebrows. Sorry about your experience, but mine was great. I never pointed at people. (know your target/behind the target)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No shop is perfect and certainly Bradis has some faults, but I will say that their customer service is generally very good, and that Kenny and Mark's and some of the other folks' presence on INGO makes a big difference to me.

They really are involved with the shooting community, and the additional services that they offer in store (armorers on staff, etc) are a big plus.

I frequent some other shops that have really good prices, and have done me very well, but when I'm recommending a shop to a newer shooter, or someone not quite sure of what they are after, I recommend Bradis.

All that said, when I see an issue with gun safety, I'll gently point it out to the offender, and then if it happens again, I definitely raise my voice about it.

Same for customer service. There is a difference in stepping up to the counter and saying "I'm looking for x..." and getting the salesperson's attention and a situation of being ignored completely, even after saying something.

Top Bottom