• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I'm 34 and currently applying in the 10th process. We do our physical agility testing next week, academy slated to start at the end of October per the email I got this week.

Hoping they pick a few of us older ladies and gents. :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    i received an email with the tentative dates, but no official letter
    :p

I'm just messing with you. I'm not a LEO or involved in the process in any way.

I know the waiting sucks and this is something that's very important to you so I will refrain from further ribbing. Good luck! You've made it this far, it won't be long now!

:ingo:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Be interested in watching this class. If it is like so many others across the nation, we may see a rise of excessive force complaints in two years.

Well, we didn't see a rise in complaints two years after the last class, or the one before that, or the one before that. This isn't Albuquerque, Chicago or LAPD.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, we didn't see a rise in complaints two years after the last class, or the one before that, or the one before that. This isn't Albuquerque, Chicago or LAPD.

Lafayette has seen a number of complaints. And it is the conservatives who going after LPD.

What about Bisard? Or that teenager that they brought Al Sharpton in over? Is that normal complains?

Put a large class (200 to 500) on the street at one time and you will get a rise in excessive force complaints starting about two years after the class graduates. That is what happened in Albuquerque. They had a crime wave, like we have had here. Demands for more police lead to large academy classes. Lots of rookies on the street resulted in excessive force.

Now if a LEO can survive his first five years without being fired or quitting, they tend to mature out into good cops.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd love to know where you get your "information". We don't have anywhere near the turnover you claim to be common. Bisard had nothing to do with excessive force and the teenager you speak of is one incident from a department of 1500+ in how many years?

As one of the trainers for the upcoming class I can assure that they will be trained when and how to use force just like those who came before them. Logic tells me that I can expect similar performance as a result.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd love to know where you get your "information". We don't have anywhere near the turnover you claim to be common. Bisard had nothing to do with excessive force and the teenager you speak of is one incident from a department of 1500+ in how many years?

As one of the trainers for the upcoming class I can assure that they will be trained when and how to use force just like those who came before them. Logic tells me that I can expect similar performance as a result.

Oh, all the democrats are demanding that we put hundreds more on the street. It is one way that they are bashing the current mayor.

But if it is like many of the other academies, you may see more individuals with a strong sense of entitlement. Of wanting to make rank and detective without waiting years. Less tolerance for the system. And maybe a sense that they are above the rules.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    How many other academies? Can you provide statistics and a source for this information? How about a base line of the issues you discuss with prior IMPD academies so that we can use them to adequately measure for this new breed of police recruits and how they behave/perform in coming years?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How many other academies? Can you provide statistics and a source for this information? How about a base line of the issues you discuss with prior IMPD academies so that we can use them to adequately measure for this new breed of police recruits and how they behave/perform in coming years?

You are going to have an academy made up of mostly Millennials (ages 25 to 35). This class is going to be a game changer. The recent sheriff's academy class was seen as a handful. Too much a sense of entitlement was the complain I heard.

Lets see. Maybe you were able to weed out the worst. I doubt it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There is a very, very large difference between the MCSD and IMPD in every respect. Your comparison is flawed.

You failed to answer any of my questions.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So you have no answers, just comparisons with a different agency with different hiring procedures and different standards which does not train police officers. As I suspected, you know not of what you speak.

Top Bottom