• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    Ive began looking into apartments and such. if i have to drive 15-30 mintues to the academy its not a big deal at all. im just not sure what areas are the better parts of town.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I drove from the far West side to the academy every day. It was 30 miles one way. I think if you look for apartments on the southeast side near the interstate or in greenwood or southport you'd be doing OK.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    No its not all that bad. But its not all that good either.
    True :( I was trying to think of an apartment complex on this side of town that may be ok and I can only come up with one. Pheasant Run is the only one I can think of that isn't near any or has been the news recently.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I live close, but the apartment complexes SUCK. Pheasant Run 1100 S Franklin Rd is actually quite nice, very quiet. There are a couple of apartment complexes in Greenfield (Hancock Co) that look nice. They are right off US40. Echo Ridge is close but I'm not sure how it is, it's on south district.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    I live close, but the apartment complexes SUCK. Pheasant Run 1100 S Franklin Rd is actually quite nice, very quiet. There are a couple of apartment complexes in Greenfield (Hancock Co) that look nice. They are right off US40. Echo Ridge is close but I'm not sure how it is, it's on south district.

I lived in Echo Ridge for a couple of years back in 2005-2007. Not too bad as far as apartments go. We looked at several places on the SE side at the time and they seemed to be the best bang for our buck. Really didn't have any complaints.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Ill sell you my house. There are a few Cumberland PD officers that live in my neighborhood and one IMPD detective. Its RIGHT on the edge of marion county so you can bring your patrol car home with you. Great starter home and about 3 miles from the academy.

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    Ill sell you my house. There are a few Cumberland PD officers that live in my neighborhood and one IMPD detective. Its RIGHT on the edge of marion county so you can bring your patrol car home with you. Great starter home and about 3 miles from the academy.

Im going to wait to pursue purchasing a house until i become more familiar with indy. but thank you for the offer.
    Also, thanks to everyone else who has fed info into this thread continually to help us recruits.

Top Bottom