• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Christmas means different things to different people. There is no religious requirement to enjoy the season, indeed, many of the trappings of the Christmas holiday (Christmas tree, mistletoe, gift-giving, flying reindeer, Santa Claus, etc.) have little to do with one specific religion, and have their roots in several different ancient customs, celebrations and rituals.

I'm not a witch or a vampire, either, but I think Halloween is kinda cool.

:)

I agree, many things have been redefined, muddled, or obfuscated to where their original role complies with modern secular traditions and/or superstitutions.

Indyerick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Can someone explain to me why unions feel the need to say everyone needs equal pay. You are paid a rate what you company believes you are worth to the organization. The CEO is does more than a driver and should be compensated for that. Management works more hours than frontline staff and is salary so there is no OT pay therefore should be paid more. If you disagree and think you need to get paid more you have free will to move to another company. Union’s are forcing companies to close because people sense of entitlement.
    Sorry I will get off my soapbox now.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    This has nothing to do with unions ...love the spin..... i also love some of the comments here fire them, thats retail etc. i find it funny that these people are standing up to family values and the core of a family setting on a hoilday. This is the history of thanksgiving, (IS Wal -mart a most to be open that day no) again some here are the reason we are in the shape we are in. lets just throw all our family hoilday out no time off period......some here are like how dare you want a day off to celebrate and give prayer and thanks....:xmad::bash:

Remember it all started from the puritans in 1621 which in time turned into a day of being thankful for what you have and time with family. But hey lets ignore all that for the love of making me money and greed.... you want to know why many children today have no morals or family values its because people endorse it.:twocents: :patriot:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This has nothing to do with unions ...love the spin..... i also love some of the comments here fire them, thats retail etc. i find it funny that these people are standing up to family values and the core of a family setting on a hoilday. This is the history of thanksgiving, (IS Wal -mart a most to be open that day no) again some here are the reason we are in the shape we are in. lets just throw all our family hoilday out no time off period......some here are like how dare you want a day off to celebrate and give prayer and thanks....:xmad::bash:

Remember it all started from the puritans in 1621 which in time turned into a day of being thankful for what you have and time with family. But hey lets ignore all that for the love of making me money and greed.... you want to know why many children today have no morals or family values its because people endorse it.:twocents: :patriot:

So then the owner of the business isn't in charge?
    Instead the employees are?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    But isn't this a result one might expect of our drive to remove religion from our society, our separation of church and state? Why are people even celebrating Christmas now? Are we buying gifts in the spirit of the reason the tradition was started? I say no--it appears Christmas has become just a crap accumulation holiday, it's certainly not a holy-day. As in so many other aspects of our society, here too, we're getting what we wanted.

Even many of those that see Christmas as a "holy-day" still buy into the buying their kids love bull:poop:. If you need to do that, you've already screwed up somewhere. If you need religion in anything to get you to show friends and family you care about them, you've screwed up somewhere. Gift giving in the spirit the tradition was started went out the window long before idiots started having fist fights in Toys R Us or trampling other idiots for cheap TVs. If you want to give according to the tradition of St. Nicholas, buy or make a bunch of crap and give it to those that need it.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I don't think the Walmarts in IN are union. So, they could just be terminated. I know there are a bunch of union bakers looking for a job right now Indy.

What business owner in there right mind would hire one of them?

Oh, you caused your last employer to go out of business? Let me just put this application in the round file.....

Unions are the bane of American prosperity right now.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Unions are the bane of American prosperity right now.

I'm pretty sure that properly belongs to government and Obama.

Unions are a problem, but they are far from the worst of the problem. They are merely speeding up the inevitable.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    was listening to some random pundit on Sirius Fox News and a caller was a walmart worker back in 88, when walton was still around. told stories of walmart only being open 9a-9p, and sunday hours were 12p-6p. closed every sunday.
    just interesting to hear, my how the world has changed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Even many of those that see Christmas as a "holy-day" still buy into the buying their kids love bull:poop:. If you need to do that, you've already screwed up somewhere. If you need religion in anything to get you to show friends and family you care about them, you've screwed up somewhere. Gift giving in the spirit the tradition was started went out the window long before idiots started having fist fights in Toys R Us or trampling other idiots for cheap TVs. If you want to give according to the tradition of St. Nicholas, buy or make a bunch of crap and give it to those that need it.

I pretty much agree with this. The obscene spectacles we see every year on "black Fridays" are a culmination of the rise of our materialistic, consumer society. And I'm not so proud to admit I've probably participated my fair share.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I love how the whole Christmas shopping experience brings out the best in people. Love me some holidays that have gone commercial or were started to be commercial.

If the folks at Walmart don't want to work during a mess like this, don't work retail.

**** worrying about the opportunity costs; I'll wait in line for days and punt babies out of my way to get to that $5.00 toaster.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I might go to the local super Walmarts (plural) on Black Friday just to point and snicker at all of the people slavishly paying Federal Reserve notes for Chinese goods at a fevered pace.
    Why wait till then? The walmarts near us, Camby, Franklin, Martinsville, Greenwood....are like that 24/7! My wife works at the one in Greenwood and says there is literally NEVER a moment that doesn't resemble something from a bad horror movie full of really stupid people!

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    Why wait till then? The walmarts near us, Camby, Franklin, Martinsville, Greenwood....are like that 24/7! My wife works at the one in Greenwood and says there is literally NEVER a moment that doesn't resemble something from a bad horror movie full of really stupid people!
    it's the same way here at the one in Brownsburg

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    To Walmart workers: if conditions are so bad, then quit and find a better job. Walmart only owes its employees a safe place to work and a paycheck for hours worked. Quit *****in' and be happy you aren't unemployed during the holidays.

Unionize, and your store (or your specific job function) will close quicker than you can say cheap chinese crap. I don't blame WM management at all for this stance. If your discovered to be organizing and/or salting, immediate termination. Good for WM for not caving to all the bad PR it gets for offering a paycheck with benefits to unskilled workers. I actually believe that WM helps our senior citizens in this country. Our ss system forces many older folks back into the workplace and WM is a viable option.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    To Walmart workers: if conditions are so bad, then quit and find a better job. Walmart only owes its employees a safe place to work and a paycheck for hours worked. Quit *****in' and be happy you aren't unemployed during the holidays.

Unionize, and your store (or your specific job function) will close quicker than you can say cheap chinese crap. I don't blame WM management at all for this stance. If your discovered to be organizing and/or salting, immediate termination. Good for WM for not caving to all the bad PR it gets for offering a paycheck with benefits to unskilled workers. I actually believe that WM helps our senior citizens in this country. Our ss system forces many older folks back into the workplace and WM is a viable option.
    am going to use the frog in a frying pan metaphor here, since i'd never heard it before til i got on INGO.
    they slowly took away all rights and benefits and no body speaks out when the water is boiling. hmmm.... kinda all sounds familiar doesn't it.
    how many part time jobs must one work just to pay bills, and after working 60 hours a week you STILL don't have benefits, or OT, etc. your swing of 'finding a better job' is laughable, as there are NONE TO BE HAD for unskilled people. you don't go into retail because you want to make a career out of being a wal-mart greeter. you do it because you're unable to do anything that requires a skill or a trade.
    its fine for an electrician, or a mechanic, or an educated person to sit here and someone tell them to 'find a better job' but when you have ZERO skill or education, its just not an option.
    tell that to the one-armed vet working at our local store, because he has no formal education, and 'disarming landmines' isn't a qualified skill when you apply.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

I quit that game yrs. ago, kids never got a gift on that day. They were taught about the Man.....no not the government man.

"How many observe Christs birthday! How few his precepts! O! 'tis easier to keep Holidays than Commandments." Benjamin Franklin 1743

Top Bottom