• ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Why not just ....

.... just leave the doors open all 24 hours, and the registers set to ring up "special" prices at some set time? No rush, no crush.
    I think Wal Mart should be providing crowd control.
    Maybe a couple strong bouncer types, with shot guns, might just calm the crowd.
    A crowds energy can feed off itself.
    Keep the energy from building, there is no feedback.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Since everyone hates wallworld so much, maybe a union is just the deathblow they need? Worked for Hostess....on a side note has anyone else done the math on the claims made by the striking hostess employee yet? The one that was on the news and radio claiming to pay $4 for a pound of burger or a gallon of milk? I pay $2.69 for a pound of the leanest ground round available and less than $3 for a gallon of milk. Then there was the one whining about making $16 an hour and not being able to survive on $11hr? My math comes out to $14.72hr with an 8% pay cut, not $11. The only way I can come up with $11hr from $16hr is unemployment....OH, and the one complaining about paying hostess $10 a week just to have a job? Sorry, that is going to the UNION that killed their job, not hostess....AAAARRRRGH THE STOOPID IS OUT OF CONTROL!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I feel sorry for alot of the workers of Walmart...most of the cashiers I talk to like to tell me their story, one had cancer , is 59, her husband left her and she can't get disability, she was to young to get her SS. Another is 65 and only gets a little over 500 bucks a month from SS...she stayed home and raised her family while her husband worked......they are now divorced and she is just waiting for him to die so she can get a little more money and quit work..

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    BS, please explain. Unions have been trying for years to infiltrate Walmart and have not succeeded thus far. You think their employee training program is that intense that it keeps people from realizing what they can or cannot make doing certain work?

yes. when i grew bored of the farm in my teens i went to work at wal-mart. this was about 15 years ago or so. from day one, right in the training videos, it was obvious walmart is anti-union and discouraged it greatly. as i recall, if anyone you knew, or someone you didnt, mentioned that the employees should unionize, you were to report them to management.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    yes. when i grew bored of the farm in my teens i went to work at wal-mart. this was about 15 years ago or so. from day one, right in the training videos, it was obvious walmart is anti-union and discouraged it greatly. as i recall, if anyone you knew, or someone you didnt, mentioned that the employees should unionize, you were to report them to management.
    OK, then what happened

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    OK, then what happened

good question. i was fired for being an arrogant teenage prick with a couple months. my parents hoped id grow out of that phase........

also, i just found a splinter of wood in my beer. FYI.

prob had something to do with opening it using the edge of the workbench...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    good question. i was fired for being an arrogant teenage prick with a couple months. my parents hoped id grow out of that phase........

also, i just found a splinter of wood in my beer. FYI.

prob had something to do with opening it using the edge of the workbench...
    That explains a lot. Glad you found that splinter, would have ruined a good beer

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I feel sorry for alot of the workers of Walmart...most of the cashiers I talk to like to tell me their story, one had cancer , is 59, her husband left her and she can't get disability, she was to young to get her SS. Another is 65 and only gets a little over 500 bucks a month from SS...she stayed home and raised her family while her husband worked......they are now divorced and she is just waiting for him to die so she can get a little more money and quit work..

This is one of the problems with the SS system, it penalizes women who choose to staty home and raise a family. If you're not working you don't build any SS history. You essentially get "zeros" for the time not in the workforce even if you are providing a valuable service which counts against the time you actually worked. And all too common is what happens to this lady, she's on her own and doesn't get jack. This part of the system really sucks and i'm as conservative as they get.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    .... just leave the doors open all 24 hours, and the registers set to ring up "special" prices at some set time? No rush, no crush.
    WalMart in Beech Grove does this. I had to work one year when hubby was laid off. I worked Thanksgiving Day, Walmart doesn't close. Pallets were brought out during that day to set up for Black Friday... When I left at Midnight, people were already piled around these pallets that weren't going on sale until 5(?)am... No rush at the door, but the store was a mess and crowded and those there actually shopping couldn't get around to do their shopping

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I love how the whole Christmas shopping experience brings out the best in people. Love me some holidays that have gone commercial or were started to be commercial.

If the folks at Walmart don't want to work during a mess like this, don't work retail.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    We don't buy gifts and neither does Santa. We actually put our hearts into the gifts we give. It actually offends people sometimes, but I don't care because the way they try to compete by attempting to outbuy one another offends me. Three years ago "Santa" built a desk for my daughters, it has a lighted tracing table in the center and a lift open desk at each end like the old school type desks and shelving underneath. It really amazed me how excited they were and a day hasn't gone by that they didn't use it. The toys and bobbles purchased for them by others are nowhere to be found and were tossed aside after a few days. I...I mean "Santa" built that thing out of nothing but the scraps he found laying around my garage.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I love how the whole Christmas shopping experience brings out the best in people. Love me some holidays that have gone commercial or were started to be commercial.

If the folks at Walmart don't want to work during a mess like this, don't work retail.

But isn't this a result one might expect of our drive to remove religion from our society, our separation of church and state? Why are people even celebrating Christmas now? Are we buying gifts in the spirit of the reason the tradition was started? I say no--it appears Christmas has become just a crap accumulation holiday, it's certainly not a holy-day. As in so many other aspects of our society, here too, we're getting what we wanted.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We don't buy gifts and neither does Santa. We actually put our hearts into the gifts we give. It actually offends people sometimes, but I don't care because the way they try to compete by attempting to outbuy one another offends me. Three years ago "Santa" built a desk for my daughters, it has a lighted tracing table in the center and a lift open desk at each end like the old school type desks and shelving underneath. It really amazed me how excited they were and a day hasn't gone by that they didn't use it. The toys and bobbles purchased for them by others are nowhere to be found and were tossed aside after a few days. I...I mean "Santa" built that thing out of nothing but the scraps he found laying around my garage.

Good for you! :yesway:

It wouldn't offend me. A few years ago, I did the same thing-only different gifts-for the women in the family. (It tools days to build that many copies). To this day, the ones that are still alive, still have them displayed in prominent locations of their homes. I need to think of something to try again.....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Union means little when it comes to keeping your jobs.

they are great at keeping individual jobs for unqualified people, they have a terrible track record for keeping massive numbers employed though. They seem to keep forcing companies into bankruptcy or out of business.

they voted for their own suicide
    “BCTGM members were told there were better solutions than the final offer, although Judge Drain stated in his decision in bankruptcy court that no such solutions exist. Without complete information, BCTGM members voted by voice votes in union halls. The BCTGM reported that over 90 percent rejected the final offer and three of its units ratified the final offer.”

Read more: Hostess to close, lay off 18,500 after 'crippling' union fight | Fox News

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    But isn't this a result one might expect of our drive to remove religion from our society, our separation of church and state? Why are people even celebrating Christmas now? Are we buying gifts in the spirit of the reason the tradition was started? I say no--it appears Christmas has become just a crap accumulation holiday, it's certainly not a holy-day. As in so many other aspects of our society, here too, we're getting what we wanted.

Christmas means different things to different people. There is no religious requirement to enjoy the season, indeed, many of the trappings of the Christmas holiday (Christmas tree, mistletoe, gift-giving, flying reindeer, Santa Claus, etc.) have little to do with one specific religion, and have their roots in several different ancient customs, celebrations and rituals.

I'm not a witch or a vampire, either, but I think Halloween is kinda cool.

:)

Top Bottom