Walmart employees are still hiding ammo!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superg1174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    United States
    Right after Christmas I was in a Walmart(Camden, Delaware). The sporting goods counter is "U" shaped. At the ends of the "U" there is two stand-up glass gun cases with carousel gun stands in them, oh about 7' tall or so***you know. So to get behind the counter an employee would have to walk between them. Across the top of the gun cases they put a camo covered piece of plywood and set up a hunting blind on top of that for display. Kinda like an overhead bridge. It was late, after 11pm and 2 guys were stocking, there was one 100rd box of 9mm in the ammo case and I asked for it. After talking to the one guy for just a minute or so about how hard it is to find .22lr around here and 9mm is almost as hard I noticed as I walked away he started just kinda looking around. I got about 20 steps away and he called me back. Long story short. He found several boxes of ammo up in the hunting blind over the gun cases.

He found: a 325rd tin of .22lr, 2 boxes of 50rd 9mm, a 100rd box and 50rd box of .40, a 100rd and a 50rd box of .357 and a 50rd box of .45. My wife was with me so I got all the 9mm and the .22lr but there ya go don't let them tell you "know one does that at this store" like the day people have swore to me at that same store.

ssprang16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Merrillville
    You should have asked for the store manager -- my wife is a corporate level employee of walmart, and many "associates" have been let go over this practice -- there have been numerous internal memos regarding that practice being against company policy

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If only Walmart paid a living wage for these poor, poor folks, they wouldn't have to resort to these practices...

Oh the humanity!!

:drama:

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    This is the inevitable result of what happens when sellers refuse to charge 'market' price for items. You get hoarding, reselling, rationing, 'the buddy system', etc. unfortunately, the retailer is stuck in the middle to some extent. If they raise prices, people cry. If they ration, people cry. If employee's stash for their buddy's, people cry. If hoarder's show up when shipments arrive to grab it all up, people cry.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    This is the inevitable result of what happens when sellers refuse to charge 'market' price for items. You get hoarding, reselling, rationing, 'the buddy system', etc. unfortunately, the retailer is stuck in the middle to some extent. If they raise prices, people cry. If they ration, people cry. If employee's stash for their buddy's, people cry. If hoarder's show up when shipments arrive to grab it all up, people cry.

But why can't I find and buy as much ammo as I want at prices I paid 12 years ago? WAAAAAAA

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I haven't seen any ammo in the local walmart in months. That doesn't surprise me what surprises me is that all you people including the NRA believe that an administration as anti gun as this one doesn't have anything to do with the problem.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

We should write all the big-box stores and demand they charge market prices. I see only 3 ways to get out of this cycle. 1) the suppliers ramp up production so much that they dump more ammo on the market than can be bought up by the flippers (not very likely), or 2) the gun community gives these big retail outlets the moral permission to charge market prices (more likely but still not all that likely), 3) wait until everyone has bought all the 22LR that they want (could take years).

I think we're in a self-perpetuating cycle as long as these stores charge less than market value.

I haven't seen any ammo in the local walmart in months. That doesn't surprise me what surprises me is that all you people including the NRA believe that an administration as anti gun as this one doesn't have anything to do with the problem.

Fred, this is not the administration's doing, at least not directly. Of course if we had a very gun friendly 3 branches of government and an honest press, the Newtown shooting wouldn't have caused the panic.

There isn't a shortage of ammo. You can buy all you want on the internet, but you'll pay a LOT. The government isn't buying up all the 22LR. Bubba is, along with all of his retired or otherwise unemployed buddies. And I don't blame Bubba. He's found a supply and demand chain in the market that he's exploiting.

You want cheap ammo, AND availability. It don't work that way. You want to see ammo on Walmart's shelves? How about writing a letter to Walmart corporate headquarters, and tell them they have your permission to raise their prices on all ammo up to market level. If enough people do that, and they start charging market prices, you'll see 22LR back on the shelves, and eventually back down to more normal prices.

superg1174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    United States
    That's too funny hornadylnl! I love it, but I'm just trying to play by the rules and get my 50 post. Just seamed like something to talk about. But that was good!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We should write all the big-box stores and demand they charge market prices. I see only 3 ways to get out of this cycle. 1) the suppliers ramp up production so much that they dump more ammo on the market than can be bought up by the flippers (not very likely), or 2) the gun community gives these big retail outlets the moral permission to charge market prices (more likely but still not all that likely), 3) wait until everyone has bought all the 22LR that they want (could take years).

I think we're in a self-perpetuating cycle as long as these stores charge less than market value.

Fred, this is not the administration's doing, at least not directly. Of course if we had a very gun friendly 3 branches of government and an honest press, the Newtown shooting wouldn't have caused the panic.

There isn't a shortage of ammo. You can buy all you want on the internet, but you'll pay a LOT. The government isn't buying up all the 22LR. Bubba is, along with all of his retired or otherwise unemployed buddies. And I don't blame Bubba. He's found a supply and demand chain in the market that he's exploiting.

You want cheap ammo, AND availability. It don't work that way. You want to see ammo on Walmart's shelves? How about writing a letter to Walmart corporate headquarters, and tell them they have your permission to raise their prices on all ammo up to market level. If enough people do that, and they start charging market prices, you'll see 22LR back on the shelves, and eventually back down to more normal prices.

That isn't going to happen. Gun owners on one hand say that pro athletes making millions is free market. Nothing free market about an industry using the government gun to fleece taxpayers out of billions while fattening their own wallets. On the other hand, the free market isn't so grand when you're the buyer in a sellers market.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    That's too funny hornadylnl! I love it, but I'm just trying to play by the rules and get my 50 post. Just seamed like something to talk about. But that was good!

Why? You won't find any bargins in the classifieds. When something reasonable does pop up, it sells rather quickly.
    So you just about have to "sit" in the classifieds to get a deal.

superg1174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    United States
    Like I said, just playing by the rules, telling a few lies with the guys, having a good time. I don't buy or sell much anyway. Just like to have options.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    The "why" is irrelevant to the issue of how to allocate scarce resources. But I don't believe in conspiracies. I also don't care how much athletes get paid.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Frankly I am getting sick and tired of the people with no jobs staking out the stores and buying up all the 22lr then reselling it for double. At least I bought a box or two a month for a while years ago and have enough to plink with. But I cannot replace what I shoot and that is annoying. I really should buy a box from some of these flippers and turn them in to the IRS because I am sure they are not reporting the income...

Someone who sells off a box or two at market price to make a little cash is no big deal but the ones who are making a living standing in line at 0700 when the rest of us have to get to work are the problem. Put enough of them in jail for tax evasion and maybe the rest of use could buy a box or two on occasion.

I know... I know, it will be back eventually but it has been a long year.

Top Bottom