Walmart employees are still hiding ammo!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    What stops distributors from selling ammo online? If the distributor receives say 10 cases from a manufacturer why not distribute 6 cases to customers and then sell 4 cases online at the gun auction sites? May be bit of a hijack... Sorry

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Day-um!! First time I checked gunbroker in quite a while. Can't believe 22 is still going for that. But if people would stop buying every damn box they see, we wouldn't have a shortage

That being said, looks like I'm going to flood GB with some 22 and buy an ACOG

:)

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Frankly I am getting sick and tired of the people with no jobs staking out the stores and buying up all the 22lr then reselling it for double. At least I bought a box or two a month for a while years ago and have enough to plink with. But I cannot replace what I shoot and that is annoying. I really should buy a box from some of these flippers and turn them in to the IRS because I am sure they are not reporting the income...

Someone who sells off a box or two at market price to make a little cash is no big deal but the ones who are making a living standing in line at 0700 when the rest of us have to get to work are the problem. Put enough of them in jail for tax evasion and maybe the rest of use could buy a box or two on occasion.

I know... I know, it will be back eventually but it has been a long year.

^^^This^^^^ Tell me how I can get to any place that sells ammo during the week when I work during the day? I've gotten up early on the weekends and hit different places but nothing turned up. Call if whining if you want, but I too am tired of the unemployed and yes, the retired, buying up ammo and flippin it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not retired or unemployed and I have plenty. I hope this shortage teaches the unprepared a lesson to stock up when it once again becomes plentiful but I'm smart enough to know better.

The cries of "gouging" come for many different things. Hay during drought years. How dare those bastards who have plenty of hay in non drought areas spend hundreds if not thousands transporting hay to the drought stricken areas and expect to make even a nickels worth of profit.

We see if with generators and food with major natural disasters. As if the gouger is the bastard for investing in goods and being your (generic your) supply house/grocery store. I should be able to spend my money on toys, trinkets, and nfl tickets and not having to prepare for shortages or disasters. It is the duty of others to see to it that I have what I need when I need it at a price I deem fair.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Why? You won't find any bargins in the classifieds. When something reasonable does pop up, it sells rather quickly.
    So you just about have to "sit" in the classifieds to get a deal.

That's why I check the classifieds every hour when I can. I've gotten one good deal and I'm hoping for more :)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm not retired or unemployed and I have plenty. I hope this shortage teaches the unprepared a lesson to stock up when it once again becomes plentiful but I'm smart enough to know better.

The cries of "gouging" come for many different things. Hay during drought years. How dare those bastards who have plenty of hay in non drought areas spend hundreds if not thousands transporting hay to the drought stricken areas and expect to make even a nickels worth of profit.

We see if with generators and food with major natural disasters. As if the gouger is the bastard for investing in goods and being your (generic your) supply house/grocery store. I should be able to spend my money on toys, trinkets, and nfl tickets and not having to prepare for shortages or disasters. It is the duty of others to see to it that I have what I need when I need it at a price I deem fair.

I too am somewhat prepared for most of life's issues. This will be a little off topic, but we built our current house about 10yrs. ago. I made the mistake of "befriending" my neighbor.
    My neighbor is one of the most un-prepared people I have ever met. Once he found out that I do commercial HVAC among other "trades" that I am good at, I have become his personal "maintenance man". I have saved him at least a thousand dollars in repairs, if not more. I have fixed his A/C twice, his furnace twice, a gas leak at his water heater once, replaced an outside silcock, I'm sure there is more that I cannot think of right now.
    He never had to get in the phone book and wait, like most people do, I have never charged him a dime, only once did he offer me $20 dollars on one of the A/C repairs, I turned it down.
    He constantly borrows tools, because of course he has none. By the way, this guy is in his mid to late 50's, he should have some tools.

But my point is this, if we had a true SHTF situation, I already made up my mind, that I would have to kill him and his whole family first, before I started in on my other un-prepared neighbors.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    who cares. When I worked retail I used to hid a smoking hot black Friday deal from time to time and buy it on my way out. Perk of the job I suppose.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Day-um!! First time I checked gunbroker in quite a while. Can't believe 22 is still going for that. But if people would stop buying every damn box they see, we wouldn't have a shortage

That being said, looks like I'm going to flood GB with some 22 and buy an ACOG

:)

If you've got it to spare, why not? I would. During the "panic" I sold plenty of stuff, no ammo though on GB in a fair market. I did not list them here for 2 reasons.
    I knew on here I would be labeled a gouger, and I would never get the money that I knew I could get on GB.

I started everyone of them at a fair price with no reserve.

Feedback here:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.aspx?User=438975

Last edited:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana

Now you're finally getting it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There was a lot of .22lr that had came into my walmart the other day. I didn't need .22lr so I left it for someone who did. Probly bought up by the dumb asses reselling it for profit. I needed 9mm so that's all I bought FINALLY!!!
    gouging is my local firearms store/range charging $22 pre tax for a 50 round box of 9mm fmj. No better than the flippers in my opinion.
    next time I see .22 at my walmart I'll buy my 3 boxes and offer it here on ingo for exactly what I paid for it to try and help someone out.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If you've got it to spare, why not? I would. During the "panic" I sold plenty of stuff, no ammo though on GB in a fair market.

Tempting, hate saying it, but it is. Saves me from selling a knife or two, I can find 22 again, eventually. But, as so many can't comprehend, it will cost more to replace in the future. For some reason some people can't imagine the cost of ammo to manufacture to go, which causes it on the distributor level and retail level to become more expensive (^). If you think it's expensive, try reloading, see how much money you "save" going that route

I thought hard about selling my DPMS 308 during the rush, I bought my first AR in January of 2009, right after the election. I didn't buy it because of the election, I just wanted one at a bad time. I overpaid for it, buy a lot. But I wanted it. Always knew that if I went to sell it I'd loose good money on it. The last rush was my chance, and I passed. Hell, I have 1000 rounds for it and haven't shot it in over a year, probably could have let it go and got another by now for a better price

Decisions decisions

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I too am somewhat prepared for most of life's issues. This will be a little off topic, but we built our current house about 10yrs. ago. I made the mistake of "befriending" my neighbor.
    My neighbor is one of the most un-prepared people I have ever met. Once he found out that I do commercial HVAC among other "trades" that I am good at, I have become his personal "maintenance man". I have saved him at least a thousand dollars in repairs, if not more. I have fixed his A/C twice, his furnace twice, a gas leak at his water heater once, replaced an outside silcock, I'm sure there is more that I cannot think of right now.
    He never had to get in the phone book and wait, like most people do, I have never charged him a dime, only once did he offer me $20 dollars on one of the A/C repairs, I turned it down.
    He constantly borrows tools, because of course he has none. By the way, this guy is in his mid to late 50's, he should have some tools.

But my point is this, if we had a true SHTF situation, I already made up my mind, that I would have to kill him and his whole family first, before I started in on my other un-prepared neighbors.

I know this guy.....oh wait, it is some of my neighbors. That is plural. When my service truck was parked out front I was a target of the do it yourself/can do nothing myself guys in my area. Some idiot tried to get me out at mid-night one time because his air was not working. Knocked on my door at midnight and I had no idea who he was. He lived 2 streets behind me. People are nuts.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I know this guy.....oh wait, it is some of my neighbors. That is plural. When my service truck was parked out front I was a target of the do it yourself/can do nothing myself guys in my area. Some idiot tried to get me out at mid-night one time because his air was not working. Knocked on my door at midnight and I had no idea who he was. He lived 2 streets behind me. People are nuts.

I had a similar experience with my neighbor. It was 2 winters ago, cold as h*ll, 1:00am Monday morning, which is really late on a Sunday night, ringing my doorbell and beating on my front door, wanting me to get up and come and look at his furnace. He did not care that he woke up my entire family, all he could think about was himself. So I get up, get dressed, grab some tools, go over. I walk in, he has a roaring fire going in his fireplace and his thermostat is saying that it is 74 degrees in his house. So I troubleshoot his furnace and find out he has a bad pressure switch, I offer to by-pass it so that his furnace will run. So I do that, then the next day he tells me he removed my jumper wire, and that he will just call out a HVAC company.

So basically he woke me up for nothing, just to get an answer as to what was really wrong with his furnace. This past Sept. when we had those 2 or 3 days above 95, he texted my cell and then tried to call and left me the following msg. "Hey I need you to come over and fill-up my system with freon". I have checked his A/C multiple times, he has NO leak, yet he thinks he does, because on those really hot days "it runs too long" to keep his house cool. Anyway, I never responded to his text or phone call. I think he got the msg. R-22 is no longer cheap. He did not speak to me until yesterday when he sent his wife over to borrow my anti-freeze tester. He was afraid to start his car without testing his anti-freeze first. I explained to his wife, that the battery is the bigger concern.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    who cares. When I worked retail I used to hid a smoking hot black Friday deal from time to time and buy it on my way out. Perk of the job I suppose.

When I worked part-time at Lazarus, if a new batch of shirts would come in that I liked, I wouldn't even put the ONE (1, and only one!) Small (the standard allocation for the store I worked at) of the batch out on the sales floor, and would buy it using my employee discount at the end of my shift. :cool:

May God have mercy on my evil, black, pitiless soul... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Working at a big chain warehouse was fun. You could ship items to the store and go buy them later. Just tell the clerk to check the latest shipment, or so I heard from a friend's sister-in-law's second cousin.

RSW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    So this is going to take all of 2014 for supply's meet demand. At some point it's got to be cheaper to just go out and buy a 17 hmr and you can get ammo everywhere.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Frankly I am getting sick and tired of the people with no jobs staking out the stores and buying up all the 22lr then reselling it for double.

"Curse the evils of the capitalist-pig controlled, free-market system of slavery we live under! We should switch to a state-controlled economy like they have/had in the economic powerhouses of North Korea, Cuba, and the collapsed Soviet Union!!" :rolleyes:

I really should buy a box from some of these flippers and turn them in to the IRS because I am sure they are not reporting the income...

Someone who sells off a box or two at market price to make a little cash is no big deal but the ones who are making a living standing in line at 0700 when the rest of us have to get to work are the problem. Put enough of them in jail for tax evasion and maybe the rest of use could buy a box or two on occasion...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :n00b: :facepalm: :n00b: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cartman.jpg

"Nothing personal, Bro, but I gotta take you down for not reporting the mere peanuts you earned in profit to the IRS, a system/agency that should never have been created in the first place, but was done so at the behest of the banking interests that profit to this very day from its creation..."

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    "Curse the evils of the capitalist-pig controlled, free-market system of slavery we live under! We should switch to a state-controlled economy like they have/had in the economic powerhouses of North Korea, Cuba, and the collapsed Soviet Union!!" :rolleyes:

Never said we should go to a state controlled economy did I? I was one of those who bought plenty when it was plentiful so I don't have to go to the flippers. Problem is that people with nothing else to do with their time are buying it all up when it comes in and nobody who actually works for a living has the time to stake out the WalMart waiting for shipments. As long as they keep that up, they force people that do not have that idle time to either go without or purchase from them. There is a difference between being prepared and hoarding/profiteering. The flippers are creating the shortage now so if a few of them got nailed to the wall by the IRS, I wouldn't shed many tears.

I cast and reload. Stocked plenty of primers and my favorite powders several years ago too. I can shoot my home rolled .38 specials all day long for pennies. Powder and primers are back on the shelves in many areas now and I have been able to replace what I have used in loading my own, but still no 22lr. Why is that anyway?

Top Bottom