Walmart employees are still hiding ammo!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Any of you in the military remember how much a pack of cigarettes would go for towards the end of a field exercise?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Any of you in the military remember how much a pack of cigarettes would go for towards the end of a field exercise?

Yep and somone who didnt smoke but had a couple of packs could make a few dollars. But if somr REMF ran ahead to the PX and bought all the cigarettes up then stood outside and charged 2x or 3x a pack to the guys coming in, he would have (and should have) been beaten senseless. That is what the flippers are doing to us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep and somone who didnt smoke but had a couple of packs could make a few dollars. But if somr REMF ran ahead to the PX and bought all the cigarettes up then stood outside and charged 2x or 3x a pack to the guys coming in, he would have (and should have) been beaten senseless. That is what the flippers are doing to us.

Yup

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You want to stop this? Demand that Walmart raises its price for 22LR.

Keeping with the PX analogy, if the PX finds its shelves constantly bare, it should raise the price to meet demand until it can keep product on the shelves. Then the flippers couldn't make money flipping, and eventually the price would settle back down. But then everyone would **** and moan and call the PX "gougers" and get all worked up and post on discussion forums and encourage boycotting and letter writing.

So the PX continues to sell at the same low price, ignoring demand, to keep the masses from turning on them. And they let the flippers buy up all their product because there is little else they can do other than try to fool the flippers by changing the times they put the product out. And so now everyone pisses and moans because the shelves are bare.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Most smokers flat out refused to sell or charged high prices so that others wouldn't even ask. Because then everyone would be out. But you always get the pack a day smoker who takes 5 packs to a 2 week field exercise. I've never seen a px in the field. Now he thinks it's the duty of other smokers to supply him at px prices.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Argue this 8 ways to Sunday but in the end flippers are screwing everyone over. This is coming from a man who has ample stock of .22 but realize all of this in livng color and not just black and white.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Argue this 8 ways to Sunday but in the end flippers are screwing everyone over. This is coming from a man who has ample stock of .22 but realize all of this in livng color and not just black and white.

I too have an ample supply. But if I were to shoot it all up, I cannot replace it quickly. I do realize that I will have to pay more for current ammo than what I did for my current supply. I have gotten lucky twice in the past year of finding .22lr. Once at Walmart (couldn't believe it), I think they must have just stocked it. And once at Gander. Both stores had limits, so I bought my limit at both stores.
    That way if I do take out 1 of my 4 .22's, maybe I can enjoy it.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I hear ya. I bought this ammo to shoot it and sometime in the near future I too will be out. Hopefully I'll be able to purchase more at a reasonable price but i'm not going to worry about the future. It's just a bummer that people in the "free market" make it so darn rough on the rest of us. It is what it is and i'll survive.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If people get this upset about not being able to shoot the rifling out of their 22 barrels every weekend, I dread the day when grocery shelves are empty.

zipper89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Yea your not kidding found winchester m22 at Walmart one morning just wanting one box. For $58 for a 1000 rounds. Which contains 2 boxes of 500 in it. A guy at a gun show had 1 of the 500 boxes of m22 at $58. That's just high way robbery.. Yea I know go buy a box then.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Strangely enough - the Walmarts in neighboring states (at least the few that I've patronized in the last 5 months) have had plenty of ammo.

And the Greenwood walmart has had .40 and .45 on the shelves for a long time. 9mm is still a rare bird, though.

Heck, even the Farm & Fleet I was in JUST OUTSIDE OF COOK COUNTY, IL had oodles and oodles of ammo. Including 9mm.

Defiance, OH Walmart & Meijer had ammo. So'd the one in Ottawa, OH. Woodstock IL walmart had ammo... all also had 9mm.

'Course, none of those areas has nearly the population of Indianapolis metro - but still. You'd think a small town rural Walmart would have a higher % people wanting ammo...

But - universally - none of those stores had any .22. .22 Mag at a few, but not LR.

Still don't know how my folks managed to find a brick of CCI Standard Vel for me for Christmas...

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Is it possible a Walmart manager put that ammo there so he would have some for a customer that buys a gun? Rural King does that. They say they have no ammo, then when you buy the gun and ask again, amazingly they have a box hidden under the counter. It happened to me last summer when I bought a 9mm from them.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Martinsville Walmart most of the time has a fair supply of:
    9mm,
    .44 mag,
    .45acp,
    .38sp,
    .357 mag,