• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's the second time you've projected your own inclinations onto others. What else do you know about me that I should be aware of??

I really don't have any idea what you are talking about. What am I missing?

Hey 'buzzkill'! :D

I know well, that you're a mod here, and even if you were not.... I truly hope this doesn't offend you in any way, but-

Are you kidding me? You really think that Biden came even close to winning that debate. Even tho, he lied about the facts 15+ times.... concerning taxes, Libya, Iran's nuke timing, Medicare, Obama-care, small business and Israel???

Not to mention his totally rude, BULLY manner thru out the entire evening???

Buddy,.. you and I need to sit down and talk....;)

Mod status matters not and I appreciate being taken to task for what I post just like anybody else.

Biden won IMO, in the sense that he came behind his candidate who didn't do his job in the first debate and did the following:

1. Projected strength
    2. Demonstrated knowledge of the issues
    3. Did not let his opponent control the conversation

I don't mind the fact that he bullied him. Ryan has the brains and intestinal fortitude to come against anything that was thrown at him, but he did not. Can he only present passion in a speech? That would have been a perfect platform for him to attack and be the pit bull needed to take his candidate over the top. This is just my personal opinion.

Besides, can you say that Ryan didn't lie about anything or did he lie less than Biden? They are politicians and they all say what they must to protect their position. I'm not saying there are no politicians who do not lie, but can you say that Ryan and/or Romney fall into that category?

I'm glad to sit down, whenever. Who knows, I may learn something.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It's also amazing that our poverty level standard of living would be envied by most countries on the planet. Our standard of living is not pushed upward by the poor, it's pulled up by the wealthy who benefit all of us by their success and spending habits

Doc, I agree! Rich people are rich because most of them are disciplined. They live within their means and they invest. Anyone can say they can't invest because they don't have the money, but investing a dollar a month is better than nothing.

Most of us (including me) are not rich because we want instant gratification. When I was 19, I made about $980 a month in the Army. I had my food provided. I had my clothes provided. Where did that money go? I spent it on food and drink. How much could that money have grown if I had invested $500 over the 10 years I was in the Army, not even taking into account my raises, combat pay, jump pay, etc?

It's never too late to start and I got a late start, but that's my fault. We all have the opportunity to be richer than our parents, but it takes discipline to not drive, eat, drink and wear your wealth.

John James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    BIDEN: My religion defines who I am, and I've been a practicing Catholic my whole life. And has particularly informed my social doctrine. The Catholic social doctrine talks about taking care of those who -- who can't take care of themselves, people who need help

Read more: Transcript of vice presidential debate | Fox News

Does the Catholic social doctrine advocate using the power of the State to take by force from some to give to others?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    BIDEN: My religion defines who I am, and I've been a practicing Catholic my whole life. And has particularly informed my social doctrine. The Catholic social doctrine talks about taking care of those who -- who can't take care of themselves, people who need help

And who needs help more than the unborn?

John James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9jVwbPF-QI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

According to Obama, the greatest moral failing of America in his lifetime is that "we" have never lived up to that precept from a book that says "whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

Whom, other than an unborn child, is least amongst us?

Of course, unborn children do not vote.... nor do our children or grandchildren under age 18 who will bear the burden we are placing on them through our current policies (of both parties mind us).

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9jVwbPF-QI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

According to Obama, the greatest moral failing of America in his lifetime is that "we" have never lived up to that precept from a book that says "whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

Of course, unborn children do not vote.... nor do our children or grandchildren under age 18 who will bear the burden we are placing on them through our current policies (of both parties mind us).

yeah, and sebelius has said that the free contraception will pay for itself by saving money on the kids that won't be born. That is sooooo terrifying to hear the government talk about that

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9jVwbPF-QI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And his half brother lives in a shack in Kenya...

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Doc, I agree! Rich people are rich because most of them are disciplined. They live within their means and they invest. Anyone can say they can't invest because they don't have the money, but investing a dollar a month is better than nothing.

Most of us (including me) are not rich because we want instant gratification. When I was 19, I made about $980 a month in the Army. I had my food provided. I had my clothes provided. Where did that money go? I spent it on food and drink. How much could that money have grown if I had invested $500 over the 10 years I was in the Army, not even taking into account my raises, combat pay, jump pay, etc?

It's never too late to start and I got a late start, but that's my fault. We all have the opportunity to be richer than our parents, but it takes discipline to not drive, eat, drink and wear your wealth.

A VERY insightful post, and I agree 1000%+

We have become a 'consumer' world full of people.... and many waste on "entertainment", "toys", and "always doing something"... more than equals our actual cost of living for "staples". And they STILL have no investments or even savings.

An example: Gas. The last 2 generations of Americans, have been living with little regard for sparingly using their time, and consumer items like 'gas'. I know friends who make trip after trip out, for some little thing they crave.... only to end up going back out, a couple hours later, to pick up their kid from soccer practice, whatever. Consolidating trips (which each cost us gas, which costs us money), used to be the norm. People were conscientious about their time and gas. Most aren't any longer.

The petroleum companies, see this trend over a generation +, and they say to themselves, "OK, if they are going to use this much gas (volume, easy sales)... I can raise my base price across the board, and the public will pay it (rather than car-pool, etc). Wa'La.. we B***ch, but we do nothing but accept it, and go on buying all that gas.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    A VERY insightful post, and I agree 1000%+

We have become a 'consumer' world full of people.... and many waste on "entertainment", "toys", and "always doing something"... more than equals our actual cost of living for "staples". And they STILL have no investments or even savings.

An example: Gas. The last 2 generations of Americans, have been living with little regard for sparingly using their time, and consumer items like 'gas'. I know friends who make trip after trip out, for some little thing they crave.... only to end up going back out, a couple hours later, to pick up their kid from soccer practice, whatever. Consolidating trips (which each cost us gas, which costs us money), used to be the norm. People were conscientious about their time and gas. Most aren't any longer.

The petroleum companies, see this trend over a generation +, and they say to themselves, "OK, if they are going to use this much gas (volume, easy sales)... I can raise my base price across the board, and the public will pay it (rather than car-pool, etc). Wa'La.. we B***ch, but we do nothing but accept it, and go on buying all that gas.

Setting aside the general trend of your post and Que's, with which I generally agree, I believe your example of gasoline and the way we use it is a little over-simplistic. For one thing, a good bit of the major use of petroleum, whether for commercial use or private, is involved in driving to and from our places of employment. That doesn't change from day-to-day, and consolidating trips doesn't consume save anywhere near the petroleum that, say, walking to work would save - if everyone lived within walking distance of their employment.

Fuels aren't the only use for petroleum products. All plastics come from petroleum, for instance, and think about how much more plastic we use every day than we used to use 50 years ago when gasoline was $.25/gallon and cars seldom got more than 20 mpg. The only thing driving up petroleum prices is demand, not corporate greed. Have producers figured out how to maximize their profits? Yep. But the profit on a gallon of gasoline runs about 7%.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Setting aside the general trend of your post and Que's, with which I generally agree, I believe your example of gasoline and the way we use it is a little over-simplistic. For one thing, a good bit of the major use of petroleum, whether for commercial use or private, is involved in driving to and from our places of employment. That doesn't change from day-to-day, and consolidating trips doesn't consume save anywhere near the petroleum that, say, walking to work would save - if everyone lived within walking distance of their employment.

Fuels aren't the only use for petroleum products. All plastics come from petroleum, for instance, and think about how much more plastic we use every day than we used to use 50 years ago when gasoline was $.25/gallon and cars seldom got more than 20 mpg. the only thing driving up gas prices is demand, not corporate greed. Have producers figured out how to maximize their profits? Yep. But the profit on a gallon of gasoline runs about 7%.

I believe I said, in my post, that it was both demand AND greed.

Also, your 7% profit figure, is correct.... FOR RETAILERS. My reference was to the refiners and their sub-system distributors (base price), who are the ones who drive the cost up.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ryan brought a knife to a gunfight. He didn't have anything sincere to say at all and came off as phony. Every single time he opened his mouth he blamed the current administration. Every.....single.....time. So he's speaking about negative campaigning while complaining about the current administration about whatever topic was asked.

After four years, Obama and his liberal goonies are still blaming who else, George bush.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    After four years, Obama and his liberal goonies are still blaming who else, George bush.

The only blame I've heard is financing wars which is completely legit. What else are you hearing?

Oh, and if you want to talk about blame, every time Ryan opens his mouth he utters something blaming Obama. Every single time. The guy can't stop.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The only blame I've heard is financing wars which is completely legit. What else are you hearing?

Oh, and if you want to talk about blame, every time Ryan opens his mouth he utters something blaming Obama. Every single time. The guy can't stop.

Who's currently the president? I thought that Bush guy went back to Texas a few years ago. Or is his ghost still haunting the White House, forcing Obama to run up the debt more and more?

As Harry Truman said, the buck stops here. Too bad O'Biden can't accept responsibility for their own (in-)actions.

As for your novel theory of running against administrations that aren't in office, if it were me I would run against John Adams. That would be a slam dunk!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA

Both parties blame each other but why is it wrong for Romney or Ryan to put blame on Obama???? Obama is wrong on many issues no wrong in calling him out. Seems like if you can dish it out then be prepared to take it. Romney/Ryan are supposed to be pointing out the WRONGS in the Obama administration. Geez I thought that is how it has been for years, and years, and that is politics. :twocents:

Biden for sure won the biggest Moron of the year award. Rude and offensive and all about himself even my 8 year old niece said after only watching Biden for only 4 seconds said he was all about himself. Out of the mouth of babes. What a great impression he made all around the world. He made himself look like a deranged man on TV.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

LOL - are you talking about the debate? biden voted for those wars too.
    He might have initially wanted to block it but once it was politically expedient for him to do so he voted in favor.

1/2 truths do not tell the whole story.

Obama-inherits-mess.jpg

I can't wait for the next .prez debate.

2nd-presidential-debate-comeback-politics-1349322641.jpg

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I think we need some truth in labeling here.

Rather than "debates", these meetings should be called "Sanctioned Pissing Contests".

Of course, I don't know that enough people would follow real debates...

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Proverbs 29:9-11

New International Version (NIV)

9 If a wise person debates with a fool,
    the fool rages and scoffs, and there is no peace.

10 The bloodthirsty hate a person of integrity
    and seek to kill the upright.

11 Fools give full vent to their rage,
    but the wise bring calm in the end.

John James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    New International Version (NIV)

9 If a wise person debates with a fool,
    the fool rages and scoffs, and there is no peace.

10 The bloodthirsty hate a person of integrity
    and seek to kill the upright.

11 Fools give full vent to their rage,
    but the wise bring calm in the end.

وَهَكَذا تُقطَعُ حَياتُهُ قَبلَ أوانِها،
    وَيُشغِلُ وَظِيفَتَهُ شَخصٌ آخَرٌ.

Top Bottom