• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Fishers
    I don't think it's a matter of hating wealth.
    I think it's a matter of hating the lack of integrity behind the things that some people do to acquire that wealth.

These are the individuals that are ruining it for everyone.
    It's only money.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, because Romney was the epitome of "gentlemanliness" during his debate. He acted like he was hopped up on crank lobbing bombs all over the countryside trying to hit a specific target.

By comparison to biden?! Hell yes.

Simple math here........... Ryan had roughly 41 minutes to bidens 42 minutes.

Now how many times did Ryan interrupt biden? What, maybe twice?

biden interrupted Ryan 82 times in those 41 minutes not counting
    the interruptions to Ryan from the "moderator".

Incredibly petty and very telling.
    biden can't keep his cork sucker shut for 30 seconds?!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think it's a matter of hating the lack of integrity behind the things that some people do to acquire that wealth.

It's only money.

Hah, those things are not limited to wealthy. In fact, I would say if you're looking for stolen property the search generally doesn't start in the mansions. There is a big assumption that Many wealthy people are greedy and evil but I just don't see evidence to make a judgement call against a large group of people. There is a HuGE amount of tax fraud at the bottom of income spectrum. Is it better to cheat on taxes to get something from the government more than for someone trying to hold on to their money they earned. Revolutionary War was done partially to shrug off excessive taxation, not to get more handouts from the king.

Every day I go to work I decide to give up my time on earth as with my family in exchange for money. I am just so tired of people thinking I should have less time with my family or money for my efforts. It's time to stop making excuses and defend success.

I realize that wasn't your point, I'm just responding to those you pointed out.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I wish Ryan would have jumped in on the Iran thing more. Bidden said they know quite a bit about Iran nuclear stuff but yet they couldt protect an ambassador! Somehow I ain't buying into that bs. They will lie you know.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Yes, because Romney was the epitome of "gentlemanliness" during his debate. He acted like he was hopped up on crank lobbing bombs all over the countryside trying to hit a specific target.

I just did not see it that way, he rarely interupted if at all. Usual liberal bs from Biden and other liberal commentators, no substance just talk over the guy and keep him from making his point.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Out of the two debates, the only person who did a good job was Romney. He was like Ali in there. He looked good and sounded good. He controlled every part of the debate and pulled back when he was becoming too confrontational.

Biden was more like Frasier. He wasn't scientific, but he got the job done. He should have monitored his tone better and controlled some of the laughing, but he did what he was sent there to do. It's not like he would have been credited for a good debate from those who do not like him anyway. Ryan was a total disappointment. He had the ability to wipe the floor with Biden, but was afraid to be a fighter. The VP is not supposed to be Presidential. He is supposed to fight for his boss and attack anything and everyone who gets in his way. Ryan didn't do that.

I would like to see a Biden vs. Romney debate, just to see what would happen. Unfortunately, these debates will not turn anyone, because everyone has their mind made up. Even the undecided voters they survey after the debates already have their minds made up. That's why they never ask them the question. They only ask them who won the debate.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    Ryan tap-danced around his facts too much, but I thought he closed much stronger than Biden, by looking into the camera and addressing the viewers at home.

Biden really hurt himself among middle of the road voters, with his disrespecting Ryan, interrupting, laughing, etc. That ticks off people who think that politicians should be more polite.

The content itself was probably a draw, but the likability factor I think went Ryan's way.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

It's only money.

That's just an excuse. There are lots of people who use their wealth for good, but nobody goes around saying we should have more wealthy people so their charitable acts can be increased.

That line you just gave is nothing but a way to deflect from the fact that some people don't want others to have what they can't have. I'm not accusing you of holding that opinion, but there is absolutely no reason why one person should have any say or influence in the amount of wealth another person acquires. Not matter how awful a person he might be.

Out of the two debates, the only person who did a good job was Romney. He was like Ali in there. He looked good and sounded good. He controlled every part of the debate and pulled back when he was becoming too confrontational.

Biden was more like Frasier. He wasn't scientific, but he got the job done. He should have monitored his tone better and controlled some of the laughing, but he did what he was sent there to do. It's not like he would have been credited for a good debate from those who do not like him anyway. Ryan was a total disappointment. He had the ability to wipe the floor with Biden, but was afraid to be a fighter. The VP is not supposed to be Presidential. He is supposed to fight for his boss and attack anything and everyone who gets in his way. Ryan didn't do that.

That's the second time you've projected your own inclinations onto others. What else do you know about me that I should be aware of?

I would like to see a Biden vs. Romney debate, just to see what would happen. Unfortunately, these debates will not turn anyone, because everyone has their mind made up. Even the undecided voters they survey after the debates already have their minds made up. That's why they never ask them the question. They only ask them who won the debate.

Is that why the polls are showing Romney gaining overall and throughout the proverbial swing states?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Why do all the calls for fairness from the Dems always come down to a question of tax rates?

If it's unfair for people to be rich, ie, they somehow acquired their wealth in an unfair manner, then the answer is outright confiscation.

The Dems should cut to the chase and simply decree that anyone earning more than $50,000 a year should give ALL of the excess to the federal government, which will then redistribute it equitably. And none of this tax-charitable donation BS.

That goes for Barack Hussein Obama, Joe Biden, Eva Longoria, Chris Matthews, too.

Why do they NEED that money? They didn't build it (whatever) themselves.

Monkeying with tax rates is BS, if there is unfairness abroad in the land and the rich (including BHO) are the problem...

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

It's only money.

“At the bottom of every great fortune… , there’s always some crime — a crime overlooked because it’s been carried out respectably.” - Honore de Balzac

Not that I completely believe that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But capping income at $1M doesn't help me or make me feel better. I need my income boosted. Let's just make it where everyone gets paid the same amount. I also feel bad that some people have nicer vehicles than me... and second homes... fine jewelry... it just isn't fair that some have so much when I have so little.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    I concur, and here's why.

1) Joe started out aggressively, just like Mitt did. Funny how when Mitt did it the GOP fanbois were cool with it, but when Joe does it, he's a jerk.

2) He called out Ryan's lies right then and there. He didn't pull an Obama and just let the bombs keep dropping.

3) This is the most important part, he said he was religious but that he would NOT force his beliefs on another person. Ryan came out and stated flat out that abortion WOULD be illegal as per his beliefs. I cannot stand religious doctrine being forced upon us, so Ryan automatically loses because of this.

4) I felt Biden was more sincere, sorry Ryan comes across as a psychopath when he makes intense eye contact. It's like he's trying to "out-stare" the camera.

There's more here however I have to get the kids up and ready for school.

To #3: Biden recognizes that life begins at conception, and in "helping those who cannot help themselves," but not defending the lives in the womb? This is not forcing religious doctrine, this is called preventing murder, or the destruction of a completely innocent life, IF Biden ACTUALLY believes the words that came out of his mouth.

He is pandering to the selfishness in our contemporary society that wants to live life without consequences. Which is the main problem of the current Democratic party.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    But capping income at $1M doesn't help me or make me feel better. I need my income boosted. Let's just make it where everyone gets paid the same amount. I also feel bad that some people have nicer vehicles than me... and second homes... fine jewelry... it just isn't fair that some have so much when I have so little.

+1

Exactly! When my husband works 80+ hours a week on the business he has worked hard to build over the last 30 years, sometimes my only solace is the fact that we can now make improvements to our house that have waited for 10 years.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Cerainily didn't mean to be a buzz-kill. :D

I think they both did their jobs.

Ryan - defended the 47% quote and made the common man understand how it could be taken the wrong way. However, I didn't like the way he said "my best friend is in a FOB..." not taking into account that his statement could put him in danger.

Biden - very stong and aggressive, although a bit annoying and over-the-top. Did well makng the tax issue a point of extended discussion, with Ryan not having a clear answer. He also did well bringing out the fact that Ryan contacted him for some of that stimulus money. However, Biden should definitely stay away from attempting to explain military tactics.

As for the "my friend" thing, those guys (politicians) are friends. They eat meals together, play golf, email and attend each other's family events. They are a very small fraternity and do very well putting political differences aside in their personal lives, when the cameras aren't on.

Hey 'buzzkill'! :D

I know well, that you're a mod here, and even if you were not.... I truly hope this doesn't offend you in any way, but-

Are you kidding me? You really think that Biden came even close to winning that debate. Even tho, he lied about the facts 15+ times.... concerning taxes, Libya, Iran's nuke timing, Medicare, Obama-care, small business and Israel???

Not to mention his totally rude, BULLY manner thru out the entire evening???

Buddy,.. you and I need to sit down and talk....;)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    +1

Exactly! When my husband works 80+ hours a week on the business he has worked hard to build over the last 30 years, sometimes my only solace is the fact that we can now make improvements to our house that have waited for 10 years.

I'm hoping you +1'd a satire post there

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's also amazing that our poverty level standard of living would be envied by most countries on the planet. Our standard of living is not pushed upward by the poor, it's pulled up by the wealthy who benefit all of us by their success and spending habits

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wanting the riches of others amounts to jealosy, an being envious.....something I was taught was wrong. Tax all the rich 100% an it would still take over 100 yrs to pay off the debt. We got into this mess because too many politicians never learned how to balance a checkbook. And since it wasn't their money they didn't care. They were too busy being envious for power.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That's just an excuse. There are lots of people who use their wealth for good, but nobody goes around saying we should have more wealthy people so their charitable acts can be increased.

That line you just gave is nothing but a way to deflect from the fact that some people don't want others to have what they can't have. I'm not accusing you of holding that opinion, but there is absolutely no reason why one person should have any say or influence in the amount of wealth another person acquires. Not matter how awful a person he might be.

That's the second time you've projected your own inclinations onto others. What else do you know about me that I should be aware of?

Is that why the polls are showing Romney gaining overall and throughout the proverbial swing states?

Omg this makes me laugh extremely hard considering the source.

Top Bottom