• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I will not allow the GOP to turn the United States into China or Mexico even if they are more pro-gun. Right now there are more pressing issues regarding the future of our country and I happen to disagree more with the rest of the GOP agenda than I do with the rest of the Obama agenda.

Now if gun ownership is at stake, I am still a loud pro-gun voice. If the 2nd Amendment is the only reason to vote republican it is short-sighted. Gun owners should stop putting all their eggs in the Republican basket.

I never said the GOP was the only reason, or option for that matter, just that the Dems are not..

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    No but I am tired of hearing about how much taxes the 1% pay. If you look at it from a comparative wealth percentage, it is not unfair.

I have family that is considered "rich". He pays 35% of his income to taxes, then at in the 10 to 20% in Capital Gains taxes..

You don't think double dipping someone's payroll , AND Capital Gains is "unfair"?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I dont know if i can vote for ryan, knowing that he had 15 chances to pull this off and he didnt.
    vpdebate_zps366e4884.jpg

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Biden really came with the highschool debate team bully tactics tnite. from this day forth i will address all my mortal enemies as....."my friend"

I've got a cousin that works in corrections and sometimes I'll call him boss just for the reaction. I use it to refer to people I don't like at times and I'll usually get a confused look just as you would calling your mortal enemies "my friend".

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No but I am tired of hearing about how much taxes the 1% pay. If you look at it from a comparative wealth percentage, it is not unfair.

Ah yes, fairness. I can't help but go back to your logic. You define the 1% based on wealth and then comment on taxes paid. Are you arguing for a wealth tax now?

Again, define your terms and stick with them. We can't debate a moving target.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Ah yes, fairness. I can't help but go back to your logic. You define the 1% based on wealth and then comment on taxes paid. Are you arguing for a wealth tax now?

Again, define your terms and stick with them. We can't debate a moving target.
    Somehow I'm guessing that even if we get "fair" taxes, Barack, Joe, John Kerry, and the rest of the Democrat inside the beltway crowd, will still do quite well.

I'm all for fairness if Joe would give his money to me. Thank you in advance Mr. Kinnock.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I thought Joe did well.

I concur, and here's why.

1) Joe started out aggressively, just like Mitt did. Funny how when Mitt did it the GOP fanbois were cool with it, but when Joe does it, he's a jerk.

2) He called out Ryan's lies right then and there. He didn't pull an Obama and just let the bombs keep dropping.

3) This is the most important part, he said he was religious but that he would NOT force his beliefs on another person. Ryan came out and stated flat out that abortion WOULD be illegal as per his beliefs. I cannot stand religious doctrine being forced upon us, so Ryan automatically loses because of this.

4) I felt Biden was more sincere, sorry Ryan comes across as a psychopath when he makes intense eye contact. It's like he's trying to "out-stare" the camera.

There's more here however I have to get the kids up and ready for school.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    For most, whatever side they support was the winner. If your side won, congratulations. If your side lost, I'm sure they will make adjustments and let those be seen in the next Presidential debate.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

1) Joe started out aggressively, just like Mitt did. Funny how when Mitt did it the GOP fanbois were cool with it, but when Joe does it, he's a jerk.

2) He called out Ryan's lies right then and there. He didn't pull an Obama and just let the bombs keep dropping.

3) This is the most important part, he said he was religious but that he would NOT force his beliefs on another person. Ryan came out and stated flat out that abortion WOULD be illegal as per his beliefs. I cannot stand religious doctrine being forced upon us, so Ryan automatically loses because of this.

4) I felt Biden was more sincere, sorry Ryan comes across as a psychopath when he makes intense eye contact. It's like he's trying to "out-stare" the camera.

1. Mitt wasn't rude, condescending, and did not act like a petulant child.. "Ryan got more time than me! wahh"
    2. Most of the "lies" were from Biden.."We did not know they wanted more security in Benghazi"
    3. Forcing religious doctrine? Agreed. Just like Catholics should not be forced to fun abortions..
    4. Biden sincere?? See my first point..

Ryan could have safely stepped it up a bit in the aggression department, but I think he chose to stay calm cool and collected in the face of being interrupted, over talked, snorted at etc by Biden.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

Joe can be aggressive, Joe can call out the term liar, it takes one to know one.

What Joe can't do is smirk, laugh and interrupt his "friend" during a debate, I expect the VP to act like a gentleman not some jack-ass having an arguement in a bar.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    1. Mitt wasn't rude, condescending, and did not act like a petulant child.. "Ryan got more time than me! wahh"
    2. Most of the "lies" were from Biden.."We did not know they wanted more security in Benghazi"
    3. Forcing religious doctrine? Agreed. Just like Catholics should not be forced to fun abortions..
    4. Biden sincere?? See my first point..

Ryan could have safely stepped it up a bit in the aggression department, but I think he chose to stay calm cool and collected in the face of being interrupted, over talked, snorted at etc by Biden.

Ryan brought a knife to a gunfight. He didn't have anything sincere to say at all and came off as phony. Every single time he opened his mouth he blamed the current administration. Every.....single.....time. So he's speaking about negative campaigning while complaining about the current administration about whatever topic was asked.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Joe can be aggressive, Joe can call out the term liar, it takes one to know one.

What Joe can't do is smirk, laugh and interrupt his "friend" during a debate, I expect the VP to act like a gentleman not some jack-ass having an arguement in a bar.

Yes, because Romney was the epitome of "gentlemanliness" during his debate. He acted like he was hopped up on crank lobbing bombs all over the countryside trying to hit a specific target.

Top Bottom