• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Imagine that! During a recession businesses choose Romney. That should tell you something, these places provide jobs, good jobs. Are you are a 1%'er? And how many of these companies also donated to Obama?

You are right about the AWB, but as I've pointed out several times now, BIDEN wrote the original AWB. You know, Joe, our Vice President? And secondly, ALL OF THE DEMOCRATS WANT TO TAKE YOUR GUNS, and if Romney is one of only a few Republicans that believe in AWB (not taking away your guns) then what do you have to fear?

Biden WROTE it, fine. Romney IMPLEMENTED it. A ban is just as bad as trying to come to my door and take them. Businesses? You mean banks. And since you asked:

Obama
    Microsoft Corp $387,395
    University of California $330,258
    DLA Piper $306,727
    Google Inc $271,300
    Sidley Austin LLP $257,296
    Harvard University $232,158
    Comcast Corp $201,606
    Stanford University $188,290
    Time Warner $183,614
    Skadden, Arps et al $169,753

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    ...It is highly unlikely that a quick turnaround will occur if our government completely fails, so you could be looking at two generations or more of abject poverty and wretchedness. I seek to understand why you would wish for this...

Not true. If those future generations you speak of continue to vote party lines for the reasons you say you are voting, the abject poverty, wretchedness, and newer even more atrocious assualts on liberty wil be expanded and continue on infinitum.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Look who Romney's major donors are. He's already bought and paid for if elected so I'm curious as to why people believe there will be any difference.

6 major Romney donors
    1. Goldman Sachs ($564,580)
    2. JPMorgan Chase & Co. ($400,675)
    3. Bank of America ($364,850)
    4. Morgan Stanley ($363,550)
    5. Credit Suisse Group ($316,160)
    6. Citigroup Inc ($286,015)
    Wall Street has donated $14M to Obama so far. Romney has received $9.5M

Wall Street Still Donating generously to Obama Campaign

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    And how do you know that? Justice Roberts' history would have predicted that he was a dependable Constitutionalist. We have all seen how that has worked out.

Romney is not what I would have wanted. I don't know for sure how he will preside. I don't know if he has any moral convictions. I think he was willing to say and do what he needed to be Governor of Massachusetts. He then had to flip flop all over the place to win the Republican primary. I do believe he will be better than Obama and those are our two choices. So I will vote for him and hope for the best. That is just reality and railing on and engaging in all kinds of hyperbole is not going to change that reality.

Well, others voted and had "hope" for change. See what it got them. Vote for a principled candidate and you don't need to hope.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I've finally come to this conclusion in all these threads, we have a new "boogyman". Haliburton is off the hook, the new one is Goldman Sachs.:runaway: Funny how we need a "new" boogyman when the old one doesn't excite anymore.

My God now we'd have world peace if is wasn't for Goldman Sachs. Geeze....:rolleyes:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've finally come to this conclusion in all these threads, we have a new "boogyman". Haliburton is off the hook, the new one is Goldman Sachs.:runaway: Funny how we need a "new" boogyman when the old one doesn't excite anymore.

My God now we'd have world peace if is wasn't for Goldman Sachs. Geeze....:rolleyes:

Do you think Corporatism is an imagined problem?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Wall Street has donated $14M to Obama so far. Romney has received $9.5M

Wall Street Still Donating generously to Obama Campaign

Wall St has just hedged their bets on both sides of the aisle. History tells us that most Presidents win at least two terms, to stay in good graces with the Messiah, they've tithed to him 14M.

Just in case they lose, 9.5 goes to the other guy on the unlikely chances that the other guy wins.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    The way I look at it is this. You have two vehicles coming at you & they are both seconds away from hitting you, not leaving you enough time to get out of the way from both of them. You are slightly standing in front of the one that is going 180 mph and the only way to escape from it is by choosing to step in front of the one that may be going in the range of 10 to 180 mph. Do you choose to do nothing or do you choose to move in front of the car you are unsure of?

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    The way I look at it is this. You have two vehicles coming at you & they are both seconds away from hitting you, not leaving you enough time to get out of the way from both of them. You are slightly standing in front of the one that is going 180 mph and the only way to escape from it is by choosing to step in front of the one that may be going in the range of 10 to 180 mph. Do you choose to do nothing or do you choose to move in front of the car you are unsure of?

In this case......I am going to get hit either way so I do nothing¡

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wall St has just hedged their bets on both sides of the aisle. History tells us that most Presidents win at least two terms, to stay in good graces with the Messiah, they've tithed to him 14M.

Just in case they lose, 9.5 goes to the other guy on the unlikely chances that the other guy wins.

:nono:
    Per this List of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia there have been 56 terms of US presidents. Of those terms 29 terms have been for 1 time presidents. 50% of 56 = 28. So slightly less than 50% of the presidents server 2 terms. For stat purposes it's a 50/50 if a president serves 1 or 2 terms.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

And frankly, it's not even a very expensive hedge.

Considering that they stand to gain hundreds of millions, $23.5 MM isn't very much.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    And frankly, it's not even a very expensive hedge.

Considering that they stand to gain hundreds of millions, $23.5 MM isn't very much.

No different than businesses paying protection money to the mob. If they don't pay, they get run over.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    No different than businesses paying protection money to the mob. If they don't pay, they get run over.

It's waaaaaaaaaaay better than paying protection to the mob. The government actually GIVES money to the people who pay them protection.

It's an amazing investment, guaranteed to net you at least 1,000% profit.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    :nono:
    Per this List of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia there have been 56 terms of US presidents. Of those terms 29 terms have been for 1 time presidents. 50% of 56 = 28. So slightly less than 50% of the presidents server 2 terms. For stat purposes it's a 50/50 if a president serves 1 or 2 terms.

Dont forget FDR. (My 2nd most favorite!) He was elected to 4 (yes four) terms. One president (I think Grover Cleavland) was elected to 2 non-consecutive terms. Some died in office, and then there was Nixon. So some terms have 2 presidents for one term I think?
    It gets complicated. But it is fun to look at.

Top Bottom