• Poll closed .

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Economic prosperity usually happened when congress and the Pres were from different parties. Can't remember the article that analyzed it.

My next statement is
    330 million Americans, AND THESE ARE OUR CHOICES?

Last edited:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Didn't read through all 17 pages, I think I have a good idea what's in there, but I will respond to the question. Someone else. I'm voting Gary Johnson. Yes, I know, Ross Perot, yadda yadda yadda. Maybe if Johnson gets enough votes, someone will have to take notice. And, I have the luxury of saying "I didn't vote for the other 2 d-bags".

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    How'd you do that? Fake your own death or something? ;) :):

Apparently, it's fairly easy in certain places. A college student at IU bragged to a friend of ours that she voted for Clinton three times. Voted absentee in Bloomington, voted absentee in her hometown, and voted in person somewhere else. If you claimed an address in four different counties, you might be able to get away with voting eight times.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Do you think Corporatism is an imagined problem?

You totally missed the point of my post. For YEARS and YEARS all we've heard about was George Bush, Dick Cheney, Haliburton, et al as the great satans destroying this country, our freedoms, and trying totake over the world.:rolleyes: Now suddenly Goldman Sachs is the new montra. Don't recall ever hearing about Goldman Sachs back in Bush's term as the boogyman, why all of a sudden now does the name burst on the scene?

They appear to me to just be the new whipping boy of the 2012 elections to gin up support for someone/something. Who will it be around the 2014 midterms? McDonalds, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts maybe? Ah I know it will be Walmart.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You totally missed the point of my post. For YEARS and YEARS all we've heard about was George Bush, Dick Cheney, Haliburton, et al as the great satans destroying this country, our freedoms, and trying totake over the world.:rolleyes: Now suddenly Goldman Sachs is the new montra. Don't recall ever hearing about Goldman Sachs back in Bush's term as the boogyman, why all of a sudden now does the name burst on the scene?

They appear to me to just be the new whipping boy of the 2012 elections to gin up support for someone/something. Who will it be around the 2014 midterms? McDonalds, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts maybe? Ah I know it will be Walmart.
    As a new corporatist president takes over, new (well, maybe) corporations could be pulling the governmental strings. It makes sense that people are griping about new corporations.

Another reason you hear about different corporations, at different times, is because of blind partisanship. Halliburton and the Bush regime deserved scrutiny over their corporatist policies, but Bush is gone and Democrats have gone back to sleep... just as Republicans were asleep during the 2000's. Its a cyclical thing.

Don't cast off charges of corporatism coming from either side of the aisle. Most of them are true and it really points to the root of this country's problems. Remember that Corporatism is a nicer word for Fascism, which is what the Federal Government has become, no doubt. And any corporation that fleeces the taxpayers deserves to be criticized, as well as the political hacks that made it happen.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Which reminds me of something I read awhile back. The dealings with Halliburton actually went back to Clinton. I wonder why the MSM always misrepresented that situation?

FrontPage Magazine - The Facts on Halliburton

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Which reminds me of something I read awhile back. The dealings with Halliburton actually went back to Clinton. I wonder why the MSM always misrepresented that situation?

FrontPage Magazine - The Facts on Halliburton

It shows that while we might not like it, it has gone on, and will continue to go on no matter who is in office or the boardroom.

It's a fact of life, Money talks, and we know what walks.:D

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    It shows that while we might not like it, it has gone on, and will continue to go on no matter who is in office or the boardroom.

It's a fact of life, Money talks, and we know what walks.:D

Yep.....Our liberties!

Which is another reason why people need to start scrutinizing the vote and quit voting for the lesser of the two evils!:twocents:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I agree, you don't want to be too old when our Country sinks.

I know you want to be young enough and fit enough to be able to fight the Devil. I know, I do too. For me it is too late. I am not fit to fight, so the timing for the sinking of the US as we know it really suck. I expect it to be within the next five years.

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    Myself I'm very pessimistic about both political parties anymore. It seems to me like Wall Street and U.S. Chamber of Commerce get about everything they want regardless of the publics wants or needs and I see very little chance of it changing.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Myself I'm very pessimistic about both political parties anymore. It seems to me like Wall Street and U.S. Chamber of Commerce get about everything they want regardless of the publics wants or needs and I see very little chance of it changing.

I am pessimistic too yet I don't see the US CoC getting everything they want ,much less even a little.

Top Bottom