• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    After wearing our countries uniform for 8 years I more than feel capable of hitting what I aim at even under stress. Your above reply comes very close to an insult, being as you do not know me is the only thing keeping it from being one.

You really seem to be more than full on yourself, and your thinking to make up your own rules. Conceited is the word.

I wore the uniform for 14 years. No intend to insult and no need to get your feelings all hurt. Just saying it as I see it based on your words and my experience.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    No problem with disarming at shows

me either. I was at the 1500, when a vendor, dropped the mag on a pocket 22 and proceeded to shoot his off hand, thankfully, no one else was hit, I was next to him while the wrapped his hand, and then the told him to pack his tables and get out.

I like the idea of a sterile show.

It freaks me out when some guy across the room, sites a rifle or scope RIGHT AT ME, not thinking, neither I, or he (LIKELY) checked the chamber.

And if I didn't check it personally, now I am thinking you are sweeping me with a "possibly" loaded weapon.

So, I don't mind having my mag's in my off pocket and a zip tie and a knife.......no big deal.

MY .o2

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    You're far better off that they do require everyone to leave their guns in the car. A scary percentage of attendees at a gun show have no business carrying a gun......

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    no need to get your feelings all hurt.

That in itself is a joke.

After 14 years I would have thought you had learned the need to follow rules and laws, but obviously that is not the case, you decide to make up your own. Do you do the same in all facets of your life?

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    That in itself is a joke.

After 14 years I would have thought you had learned the need to follow rules and laws, but obviously that is not the case, you decide to make up your own. Do you do the same in all facets of your life?

No. Other than a penchant for concealed carry, I'm a perfect law abiding citizen. Go ahead. I'll graciously step back and allow your hurt feelings to limp in and get the last word in.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    didn't read the whole thread, but when i go to a gun show to sell a gun, i let them verify its empty and zip tie it and then go in. While doing so, my carry gun is still under my shirt or up my pant leg loaded as normal. Keep calm and carry on.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ahhh! Why did this thread have to come back!

You want to break the rules and carry? No one's going to stop you. Just (A) don't touch the gun inside (or outside), (B) don't advertise it on the internet.

Why the latter? I figure a lot of newbies look here and say, "If he's doing it, then I should too." The problem is they shouldn't.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Indy 1500

Funny as I was reading thru this whole thread, a friend, who is a noob to guns, just texted me asking if he could carry loaded at the show. I love the guy like a brother, but would never think he would be safe with a loaded handgun, especially in the confines of the 1500.

Unload at the door, carry concealed, whatever you chose to do, JUST DON'T BE DRAWING A LOADED WEAPON.
    I've carried an extra loaded mag and reloaded upon exiting for many a show, and always worked out just fine. :twocents:

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I understand the rule. It's the same as when you enter a gun shop. Most have a sign that reads, "No Loaded Weapons." It's their house, their rules. If, for some reason, I do not want a person carrying a loaded weapon into my house, it's my right. If the guest doesn't like it, he can leave. Whomever runs the gun show has the right to make rules. This is not an infringement of any right. This is much different than the City of Indianapolis, which prohibits carrying in city parks. This is wrong--I'm a taxpayer, and this is property of the taxpayers.

I'm quoting this post as a representative example, rather than specifically -- but I see another distinction that I believe needs to be pointed out. At a gun show, you can be reasonably assured that everybody there has gone through the same once-over for loaded weapons that everyone else got when they came in (which couldn't account for the ones who successfully concealed a weapon coming in, but that's not preventable without technology or voluntary search). At a gun shop, you have no such guarantee; it's merely a rule that the owners have posted. This is no different than a theatre that has the same rule, or a mall, or a restaurant, etc. I believe it should be inadmissible to post such a sign UNLESS the owner of the business takes on the responsibility of 1) ensuring to a reasonable degree (via search, either electronically or physically) that every person who gains entry is safe against an armed attack, and 2) providing a demonstrable means of ACTIVELY defending those in the establishment in the event of a breach of the perimeter they have created. That would make much more sense as a law, if you ask me.

I find it fascinating how many people here are defending the idea of gun owners' having the right to decide whether we should have the means of self defense within their purview, when most of us rail against other forms of businesses that do the same thing. Why is that? I think every entity that has a physical presence should be on the hook for the same rules, be it private, public, governmental, etc, and be made to take on the responsibility for safety before they can ask that individuals give up their means of self-defense. Thoughts?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Just another example of law abiding people having to curtail their rights because someone else is can't handle it.
    There is absolutely no one curtailing your rights.

You are free to remain armed and not visit the venue. The event "owner" has every *right* to set rules. Protest by not supporting his event.

It amazes me that no one complains when gun shops do this very thing.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    There is absolutely no one curtailing your rights.

You are free to remain armed and not visit the venue. The event "owner" has every *right* to set rules. Protest by not supporting his event.

It amazes me that no one complains when gun shops do this very thing.
    I do complain, but I do so after walking away and never entering said gun shop. There's one here in Ft Wayne I haven't been in due to "No Loaded Weapons" sign, I just turned around after pulling in when shopping for a $500 rifle. Especially after Shooters in New Haven got hit with an armed robbery, I'll be damned if I'll disarm in the same environment, it's the equivalent of a "Gun Free Zone" sign...

Bought my rifle at K&T guns, would be glad to go again.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I do complain, but I do so after walking away and never entering said gun shop. There's one here in Ft Wayne I haven't been in due to "No Loaded Weapons" sign
    This. Walk with your money if you disagree.

1111336_o.gif

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have been to one gun show and it was enough for me to know I don't need anything that bad. I might miss a good deal on something but I will not miss any sleep over it.

Sooooo.... you (not "you" but those who think along these lines) don't CC at Buffalo Wild Wings, a bar, a sporting event, etc? Any sign that says "no weapons" you don't enter CC'ing?

Is there a rule that says you can not carry at a sporting event?

sben763

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    I don't attend gun shows as the 4 rules are not followed by attendees or vendors. There is a local gun shop that has the "No Loaded Weapons" on the front door. I ask the owner about it and he said it was required by his insurance company but no way to enforce it.

Top Bottom