Virginia woman buys 31 guns in two weeks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes I am.

The right to own a firearm was for white male property owners. Thats who the constitution applied to. Women weren't even given the power to vote. You think that there should be no limitations on what we can say and do? Its written so that it may be intrepreted. And thats what our representatives are supposed to do. When situations arise that are disputed then the supreme court intreprets them.

Thanks for reminding me why i don't give my money to the NRA. I'm not supporting a group who thinks the 2a is a suggestion.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks for reminding me why i don't give my money to the NRA. I'm not supporting a group who thinks the 2a is a suggestion.

I fail to see how the opinion of one member on an internet forum constitutes the doctrine of an entire organization. My guess is that the NRA is constantly walking a fine line between politicians, members and the general public.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I fail to see how the opinion of one member on an internet forum constitutes the doctrine of an entire organization. My guess is that the NRA is constantly walking a fine line between politicians, members and the general public.

Hasn't the NRA helped to craft anti gun legislation?

Yes, there were those who didn't have the right to bear arms at our founding. Unfortunately, it took the courts and congress many years o rectify that. It's one of the very few instances that liberty has increased since our founding. Why are gun owners ok with going backwards?

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Hasn't the NRA helped to craft anti gun legislation?

Yes, there were those who didn't have the right to bear arms at our founding. Unfortunately, it took the courts and congress many years o rectify that. It's one of the very few instances that liberty has increased since our founding. Why are gun owners ok with going backwards?

Going backwards how exactly? Because I think there should be SOME laws regulating firearms vs ZERO laws? Anything goes anarchy.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    You don't see me advocating for that.

Lol no. I'm not either. I'm just answering your post, sort of. The right to own is not the same thing as the right to sell. The question isn't really whether or not people should be able to have a business selling guns without a license but what gives the govt the right to regulate any business. Whether it was the FFs intentions or not, the gov does have legal rights to regulate commerce for various purposes not the least of which is taxation.

Why should someone get to sell guns without a permit and presumably without paying taxes when none of the gun stores can? When no other business can?

Not saying its right. It's just how it is. And everyone should have to play by the rules if anyone does.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Going backwards how exactly? Because I think there should be SOME laws regulating firearms vs ZERO laws? Anything goes anarchy.

How do you reconcile your 'enlightened' opinion with the Second Amendment? Murder, intimidation, robbery, battery, malicious property damage, and forcibly violating other people's orifices with inanimate objects are all illegal independent of a single regulation against guns. To the best of my knowledge, that should cover any illegal act you can perform with a firearm. So, tell us, how does honoring the Second Amendment as written create anarchy?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would add for those who doubt that the ATF pays attention, several years ago a PSS customer got an unwanted visit. In his case it worked out OK for him, since he was in the habit of buying guns and unless he found one he really liked, would trade them back to Bob in a week or two in the hunt for the elusive few he really liked. Probably the only thing that saved his bacon was that he was buying and then trading them back at a small loss rather than the guns disappearing. This flies in the face of the Second Amendment, but being technically correct doesn't make life in prison any more pleasant.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    I read that yesterday but haven't seen any discussion of it anywhere, either.

Wow, huh? That would seem to be a pretty clear case of either straw buying or the unlicensed operation of a firearms dealership. I have to say that I'm often amazed at the number of unlicensed people who appear to be selling for profit. Maybe I'm just paranoid because I work in criminal law, but I'm astonished that folks would do something that easily proven. FWIW, I always try to make sure that I sell any firearm that I haven't had for years and years (and most of them, too) at a demonstrable loss (even a one-dollar loss - no reason to go crazy here) so as to be able to counter any such claim.

Are we not free? Where the firearms not her property? Who was hurt in these voluntary transactions? If you think this is wrong why? Is it wrong to buy a car that is in high demand and sell it for a profit? Do you need a "license" to do that? Dose it make you feel special that you follow these so called rules that have nothing do to about protecting you but rather the monopoly we call "government"?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What I would like to know is how they tracked her if she bought them at a gun show, or did she sell all of them to CI. Do you fill out papers when you purchase a handgun at gun show?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What I would like to know is how they tracked her if she bought them at a gun show, or did she sell all of them to CI. Do you fill out papers when you purchase a handgun at gun show?

The anti gougers at Virginia Gun Owners probably dropped a dime on her.

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    Are we not free? Where the firearms not her property? Who was hurt in these voluntary transactions? If you think this is wrong why? Is it wrong to buy a car that is in high demand and sell it for a profit? Do you need a "license" to do that? Dose it make you feel special that you follow these so called rules that have nothing do to about protecting you but rather the monopoly we call "government"?

What?

Hey, do whatever you want. See how it works out for you - no skin off my nose.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Perhaps she bought them from dealers. :dunno: Maybe she set up a table at a show and started selling? Conspicuous online adds? Perhaps she's been on the radar for some time. I'm not a tinfoil hat guy, but the ATF does have ways...

Plus, I'm not sure what Virginia has for laws regarding registration of handguns.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    How do you reconcile your 'enlightened' opinion with the Second Amendment? Murder, intimidation, robbery, battery, malicious property damage, and forcibly violating other people's orifices with inanimate objects are all illegal independent of a single regulation against guns. To the best of my knowledge, that should cover any illegal act you can perform with a firearm. So, tell us, how does honoring the Second Amendment as written create anarchy?

Anarchy was too strong of a word. I was suggesting that its a good thing that we have some laws pertaining to firearms versus having zero laws.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Anarchy was too strong of a word. I was suggesting that its a good thing that we have some laws pertaining to firearms versus having zero laws.

How do you reconcile this with the Second Amendment? What good do they do? I have yet to see a gun law that does anything but infringe on the rights of people who are in the habit of following the law in the first place. This strikes out all the way around.

Top Bottom