Virginia woman buys 31 guns in two weeks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How do you reconcile this with the Second Amendment? What good do they do? I have yet to see a gun law that does anything but infringe on the rights of people who are in the habit of following the law in the first place. This strikes out all the way around.

Although many won't come out and say it, they most likely believe the law this woman broke is unconstitutional. But they're more than happy to see it used against those evil price gougers.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Although many won't come out and say it, they most likely believe the law this woman broke is unconstitutional. But they're more than happy to see it used against those evil price gougers.

I am not so sure about this. The individual on the other side of this discussion seems to have a history of supporting 'reasonable' regulations.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Are we not free? Where the firearms not her property? Who was hurt in these voluntary transactions? If you think this is wrong why? Is it wrong to buy a car that is in high demand and sell it for a profit? Do you need a "license" to do that? Dose it make you feel special that you follow these so called rules that have nothing do to about protecting you but rather the monopoly we call "government"?

My guess is that it had more to do with profit and volume and whether or not she was a licensed business. I know in Indiana if you sold more than 9 cars in a year (don't know if that is still true) you were considered a business and needed a license. And to get that license you had to have a lot and a sign among other things. A little over 25 years ago a guy that I worked with got a license to sell cars. He only planned on selling a dozen or two cars a year for profit, but had to comply considering all of the paperwork involved in selling a car.

Now, she may well have been selling to "improper persons" for all we know, or any number of other reasons. Or not. But suffice it to say she wasn't doing something right. I don't necessarily agree with all of the legislation and what, but I do agree that some people should not have access to firearms.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    How do you reconcile this with the Second Amendment? What good do they do? I have yet to see a gun law that does anything but infringe on the rights of people who are in the habit of following the law in the first place. This strikes out all the way around.

I reconcile it by the fact that nothing is absolute and laws need to be intrepreted. We (we as in law abiding private citizens) cannot go purchase 100 lbs of C4. We cannot sell firearms to 13 year olds. These are things that I think make sense. There neeeds to be some rules and there are.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I think it's ridiculous that one has to be a Federally licensed dealer to participate in commerce. It just shouldn't be. I'm a firm capitalist and 2A supporter.

That said, knowing what the law is - even a law you consider unconstitutional - why would you not just get an FFL if you are selling guns for a profit (especially for so many years at so many gun shows)?

Again - I think it's dumb - but currently it's the law. I'll lobby to get the law changed but in the meantime I'm not going to subject myself to Federal prison over an FFL law. It's not that expensive or difficult (from what I have read) to get your FFL. If you're going to be engaging in the firearm sales business, just get your freakin FFL and avoid this situation. Seriously.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom