Virginia woman buys 31 guns in two weeks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    There is a LGS down here that never raised their prices on guns, and posted on their FB page that they do look at some on line gun classifieds. If they see one of their guns go up for sale in the few days after the sale, they will notify the ATF.

If a shop chooses to to sell at under market value, that's their business. But once I legally buy something from them, what business is it of theirs what I do with it? They're going to report people for acting like free citizens??? I guess that is one shop I won't be doing business with.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There are no greater supporters and enforcers of unconstitutional gun laws than fellow gun owners.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    If a shop chooses to to sell at under market value, that's their business. But once I legally buy something from them, what business is it of theirs what I do with it? They're going to report people for acting like free citizens??? I guess that is one shop I won't be doing business with.

The problem is your term "legally". If you are flipping guns, then you acting as a dealer, not as someone selling from a collection. Thus you are breaking the law.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There [STRIKE]are no greater supporters and enforcers of [/STRIKE] is no one more concerned about keeping their fellow gun owners out of jail due to unconstitutional gun laws than fellow gun owners.

FTFY

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I've heard about them. I'll have to make a trip to West Loiusville. It's about time to eat at Moonlite any way. Haven't been THERE is a while...

If you haven't done anything wrong, what fear is there in that threat?

You'll be severely disappointed, their meats have gone way down in quality. Side dishes are still delicious, but only the mutton has been palatable lately. Your mileage may, of course, vary. But compared to how it was even just a couple years ago, it's no longer my go-to eatery when headed down to old man Whittaker's.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

If you're buying guns for the sole purpose to resale them at a profit, (regardless of how you feel about it), it is a felony if you do not have a license to do so. The gun store simply refuses to help, or supply some who chooses to break the law.

Like so many times I hear here on INGO.... Their rules, their policy, their prices... Don't like it? don't shop there. Trust me... They will not miss your business.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    You'll be severely disappointed, their meats have gone way down in quality. Side dishes are still delicious, but only the mutton has been palatable lately. Your mileage may, of course, vary. But compared to how it was even just a couple years ago, it's no longer my go-to eatery when headed down to old man Whittaker's.

I haven't eaten there in years, but I have heard the foods quality has gone down hill... I work with a lot of people who live in, or around Owensboro.

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    And seems to have gotten herself in a little bit of a predicament. Didn't see this anywhere else posted. Did a quick search.

Virginia woman admits buying 31 handguns in two weeks - U.S. News

From the article:
    Federal law does not require a person to register as a firearms dealer for occasional private gun sales, but it does require a dealer's license if a person devotes significant time and energy to the sale of firearms with a primary goal of making a profit.

-------------
    That seems a bit vague. Are those terms defined somewhere?
    Just curious. :scratch:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    From the article:
    Federal law does not require a person to register as a firearms dealer for occasional private gun sales, but it does require a dealer's license if a person devotes significant time and energy to the sale of firearms with a primary goal of making a profit.

-------------
    That seems a bit vague. Are those terms defined somewhere?
    Just curious. :scratch:

It's intentionally vague for a reason. If the ATF wants to nail you, they can say 1 gun in a year with a $20 profit is against the law.

Besides, it's another weapon in the arsenal of the anti gougers.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I certainly hope you're not taking my post to be supportive of the idea of such laws being in existence. I'm just amazed that someone would "poke the bear" so obviously and in such an easily proven way. :dunno:

POKE THE BEAR?? If we could get enough people over the desire to be protected by their Federal Overlord we could ELIMINATE the BEAR!! All it takes is votes....

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Seems we should be respectful of the current laws while we work to change them to our advantage. The only thing the "private collections" has done at gun shows is contribute to the "40%" statistics we keep hearing. It is on the verge of bringing us even more unjust laws. If you want to deal guns then pay the piper and get a FFL. Unfortunately, it appears we are all now going to pay the price because a few wish to flaunt the current system, thanks for screwing us all. Hope the few dollars you made was worth it. Now it will be even more difficult, if not impossible, to change the current laws to more accurately reflect the Second Amendment.

Top Bottom