Virginia woman buys 31 guns in two weeks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There are no greater supporters and enforcers of unconstitutional gun laws than fellow gun owners.

Sorry, but this is exactly right.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Gotta love Virginia law makers.

You don't know anything about Virginia lawmakers.

Virginia gun laws are extremely liberal (as in lax, easygoing). For example, there is no License to Carry a Handgun, only a CCW permit. Here in Indiana, you all won't even sell a handgun without the LTCH--you all call it caution, I call it something else.

The limit to handgun purchases is relatively new, and was created to generate support for CCW permits. The limit only applies to non-permit holders. If one takes the 4 hour class, handgun purchases are unlimited. Thank Bloomberg for sending private detectives down to make straw-purchases and then pressing charges and shutting down numerous gun shops that couldn't afford legal fees to defend against trumped up straw-buy charges.

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    We've had several people in INGO's classifieds who have abused it a bit much. I think they think that no one is looking at every ad and tracking what guns they have for sale and how often they're selling. We've even had members use one ad and keep rotating the items every day by editing the top post, trying to be sneaky. It is my honest opinion that there are some members right here who are going to be in for a rude surprise soon when they get a knock on the door.

comma knock on our door, we've been waiting for you....

Threes company too!!

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    POKE THE BEAR?? If we could get enough people over the desire to be protected by their Federal Overlord we could ELIMINATE the BEAR!! All it takes is votes....

You really believe that the system would let itself be voted out of existence? How's that workin' out for you, Dan? ;)

From your lips to God's ears . . .

tacdriver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    VA
    Woodrow,
    Your right the laws here in VA are very nice indeed. I say that for I can only compare them to New York state where I grew up.

Here in VA you can open carry without permit. If you want a CCW , You can take your pistol safety course, obtain your application at your local LEO ,fill it out and have it notarized, pay 50 dollars application fee, after your background check clears your good to go, you do have to renew it every five years.

Compared to the People’s RepubliK of New York this is truly heaven! All I can say is NY was a horror story. Application fee at the time was 150 dollars; your application had to be accompanied by three sets of fingerprints and three set of pictures all documents and application notarized… they go to local LEO/Sheriffs, the State Police and the FBI. You also have to provide three notarized affidavits from three individuals (not family members) who will vouch for you. Then wait….6- 9 months

If you’re not refused a permit at that point , you’re still not out of the woods…. All the documents go before a Judge in your county and then HE determines if you can
    A. Have a license for just your home
    B. Have a license to carry to and from Hunting
    C. Have a license for Full carry (but not in the city of new York that’s against the law)

I was fortunate I had a full carry but the bureaucracy didn't end there. Your license comes with a coupon, if you purchase a pistol you surrender the coupon to the seller, he then provides you the weapons serial number and a sales receipt… you then have to go to the county office with the sales receipt and serial number and have the pistols serial number written on your Carry license.

If you want another pistol no problem (yeah right)… each time you buy a pistol you have to get an addendum license with a picture of you and a thumb print it also has a coupon that you have to give the seller so then the make/model serial number of the weapon can be put on that document. These documents are specific to each firearm and have to be carried if you have that specific gun on you.

Anyway I moved to Virginia about 15 years ago and truly appreciate the freedoms and common sense laws we have here. I am truly blessed!!!

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    Like it or not, the law is the law. If you are buying and selling guns for a profit without an FFL it's a felony. Again, like it or not but it's a felony. We're not talking about an inconvenient traffic ticket. So, if you're so inclined to feel as though it's your right to engage in this practice by all means go right ahead. However, enjoy federal "pound you in the 4ss" prison (for those that have seen the movie OFFICE SPACE). Seriously, there's a lot of different ways to hustle a buck...why put yourself at risk????

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    If you're buying guns for the sole purpose to resale them at a profit, (regardless of how you feel about it), it is a felony if you do not have a license to do so.

The folks that do this illegally are going to cause the rights of us owners and "occasional" sellers to be restricted.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    If you're buying guns for the sole purpose to resale them at a profit, (regardless of how you feel about it), it is a felony if you do not have a license to do so.

The folks that do this illegally are going to cause the rights of us owners and "occasional" sellers to be restricted.

I agree.. :yesway:

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    where in the heck did this woman find guns to begin with to buy? I went to bradis this weekend and it was one empty store?

tacdriver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    VA
    Aside from see the article posted here, I hadn't heard or seen it on any of the local news outlets here nor on local talk radio, Manassas area is not that far from my home.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Didn't some guy finally get busted at the last 1500 for that?

I've only heard boogy man stories about folks getting busted for that. So I doubt it.

I am shocked by the statist bile that has been spewing from the posters in this thread. Why the hell does the ATF have any say in what I choose to do with my own money, and the firearms that I may purchase with it?

There are laws on the books, like them or not, the ATF attempts to enforce those laws. No freedom is absolute. Anarchy would be the case.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There are no greater supporters and enforcers of unconstitutional gun laws than fellow gun owners.

Not every gun owner thinks that every gun law is unconstitutional.

It's intentionally vague for a reason. If the ATF wants to nail you, they can say 1 gun in a year with a $20 profit is against the law.

Has that kind of charge held up in court EVER? I'd like to see that if so. This would be like a police officer who goes around writing tickets to everyone he sees for going one mile per hour over the speed limit. I would assume as small as the ATF is that they are too busy policing FFLs and attempting to locate gun runners to care about you selling your AR-15 for 20 bucks profit the next day.

What license would she have needed if she bought 31 Lionel train sets and resold them?

A Lionel train set is different then a firearm. Both are inanimate objects but one has regulations about how it is used/transfered/etc.

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    This is the crap that gives legal gun owners a bad name. Plus she was dumb enough to admit that she was only doing it to resale them. STUPID!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've only heard boogy man stories about folks getting busted for that. So I doubt it.

There are laws on the books, like them or not, the ATF attempts to enforce those laws. No freedom is absolute. Anarchy would be the case.

Not every gun owner thinks that every gun law is unconstitutional.

Has that kind of charge held up in court EVER? I'd like to see that if so. This would be like a police officer who goes around writing tickets to everyone he sees for going one mile per hour over the speed limit. I would assume as small as the ATF is that they are too busy policing FFLs and attempting to locate gun runners to care about you selling your AR-15 for 20 bucks profit the next day.

A Lionel train set is different then a firearm. Both are inanimate objects but one has regulations about how it is used/transfered/etc.

Unless there has been an amendment to the constitution that I'm unaware of, there should only one federal law regarding firearms ownership.

The ATF only concerned about dealers? We have INGOers more than willing to rat out those evi gougers.

According to the constitution, there isn't a damn bit of difference between a firearm and a Lionel train set except that were guaranteed the right to own a firearm.

Are you an NRA member?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    A damn shame when making a profit on a legal product makes you a criminal. And a real damn shame so many people have drank the kool aid and been conditioned to think she deserves it w no other information given.

-rvb

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Unless there has been an amendment to the constitution that I'm unaware of, there should only one federal law regarding firearms ownership.

The ATF only concerned about dealers? We have INGOers more than willing to rat out those evi gougers.

According to the constitution, there isn't a damn bit of difference between a firearm and a Lionel train set except that were guaranteed the right to own a firearm.

Are you an NRA member?

Yes I am.

The right to own a firearm was for white male property owners. Thats who the constitution applied to. Women weren't even given the power to vote. You think that there should be no limitations on what we can say and do? Its written so that it may be intrepreted. And thats what our representatives are supposed to do. When situations arise that are disputed then the supreme court intreprets them.

Top Bottom