In the sticks

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I have only been here for two years, but I like it. The state is divided and is a swing state for the next election. Hopefully, there will be a Party ready to work for the vote of those who believe in 2A freedom in 2020 or 2024.

Well, let's see if your state "swings" Republican this time, because, at its core, this IS a party-line issue.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Maybe all those folks who tout that they aren't one issue voters need to rethink that stance?

Exactly what I was getting at with my previous post. It's time for Democrat voters to make a stand. We non-Democrat voters are watching; our rights are at stake. It's that simple.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Exactly what I was getting at with my previous post. It's time for Democrat voters to make a stand. We non-Democrat voters are watching; our rights are at stake. It's that simple.

I've been "watching" and listening to Repilublican voters for years. This issue is enlightening, but by my observations, I'm just not sure if I'd rather become a criminal and rebel against these new laws or join a group that really doesn't give a damn about my life outside of voting with them on gun issues. We shall see. In the meantime, I am trying to meet with my state delegate and congressman to get their take on this and what their party plans to do and how I can be of assistance.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Que, please keep everyone posted on what you are told if these meeting happen and with what other plans you tend to put effort into.
    Thanks

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've been "watching" and listening to Repilublican voters for years. This issue is enlightening, but by my observations, I'm just not sure if I'd rather become a criminal and rebel against these new laws or join a group that really doesn't give a damn about my life outside of voting with them on gun issues. We shall see. In the meantime, I am trying to meet with my state delegate and congressman to get their take on this and what their party plans to do and how I can be of assistance.

Agreed... Both on the bolded part and your plan to meet with your state delegate and Congressman... The Boxes of Liberty in action. But if there's any time to be a single-issue voter, that time is now. Hey, Obama implored the antis to do the same so let's beat then at their own game.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Agreed... Both on the bolded part and your plan to meet with your state delegate and Congressman... The Boxes of Liberty in action. But if there's any time to be a single-issue voter, that time is now. Hey, Obama implored the antis to do the same so let's beat then at their own game.

Believe me, my blood is boiling and by the end of the evening I will have made contact with representatives from both parties. I've sent requests for meetings and we shall see how it goes. As I've stated in another thread, I am voting Republican again if Trump isn't in the general election. But, after this I am now considering if I could even vote for Trump, if it comes to that. I just have other concerns I believe will never be on his radar.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree Trump can be a real tool but I'd hold my nose and vote for him over anyone with a (D) next to their name. Good luck rallying the troops down there. You know you have our support up here.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Va. tightens concealed gun permit rules, drawing ire of lawmakers - HeraldCourier.com: News
    Gov. Terry McAuliffe, a Democrat, has been unsuccessful in his gun-control efforts and he has taken some steps through executive action, including the recent ban on concealed guns in most state offices.

[Virginia Attorney General Mark] Herring’s announcement came three weeks before the start of the General Assembly session, which is controlled by Republicans. In November, a bill was filed that would require Virginia to recognize permits from other states. If approved, it would reverse Herring’s ruling.

[Virginia State Senator Bill] Carrico said he’ll address the issue come January.

“A lot of the governor’s power is deferred to the General Assembly at that point and I’ll be getting with my collegues [sic] to circumvent everything this governor has done on this point,” he said. “I have a budget amendment that I’m looking at to take away his executive protection unit. If he’s so afraid of guns, then I’m not going to surround him with armed state policemen.”

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The lawmakers in Virginia need to fight these kind of tactics tooth and nail with every means at their disposal.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Virginians got duped into electing a gun control candidate with the thinking that since Obama couldn't get gun control nobody could. Hopefully Amercans overall don't have to find out in the next year what a foolish move electing a gun control candidate was.

As gun owners we all need to be one issue voters. Everything else will fall in behind this one issue. Once they confiscate our guns we will have NO SAY in this and other matters...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If they managed to confiscate our guns, we already had NO SAY in this or other matters.

Not quite, it just means we were fooled again. A LOT of us are easily fooled, (or have to learn the hard way.)
    VA is the current example, Connecticut is another:

Gun_owners_rush_to_register_weapons_2009900002_4956225_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Not sure how I'd be fooled into compliance when the confiscations begin.

Forced, possibly, but not fooled.

Top Bottom