• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If you are against guns, then you shouldn't have a "protection detail" or bodyguard, or whatever.

Sure you can. They should just be unarmed.

Shannie Watts ..... does .....

Or paid for out of your own pocket, yes, that's an option, too. (or at least, "not from public funds". I don't care if you spend your own money on it. It just points up the hypocrisy of your position if you do.)

See post 162

Also post 156

Guys, there was a dupe post in the low 150s. I removed it prior to seeing these, so adjust those numbers down by one. (161 and 155)

Blessings,
    Bill

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Or paid for out of your own pocket, yes, that's an option, too. (or at least, "not from public funds". I don't care if you spend your own money on it. It just points up the hypocrisy of your position if you do.)
    Blessings,
    Bill
    I and many others like myself pay for our and our family's means of protection from our own pockets but the big difference is we chose to take on that responsibility and not relegate the duty of carrying those "evil weapons" to others.

That's what makes S. Watt's position even more hypocritical. Who the hell is she to deny us the same means to protect ourselves and our families that she feels the need to employ? Are our lives less worthy than hers? I think not Ms. Watts.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am starting to believe this may not happen. The Republicans (majority) are chomping at the bit to get back to Richmond and see to it. I was thinking of something. The governor just may be petty and allow them to take his security detail and use his power to call up a detail from the National Guard. I know it's a stretch, but I wouldn't put it past them as this is playing out.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The governor just may be petty and allow them to take his security detail and use his power to call up a detail from the National Guard

If it were to come to that, it would be national news and would just help to point out the massive hypocrisy of denying others the right to defend themselves.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If it were to come to that, it would be national news and would just help to point out the massive hypocrisy of denying others the right to defend themselves.

Removing the reciprocity agreements did that. I hope I'm wrong, but we shall see.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Removing the reciprocity agreements did that. I hope I'm wrong, but we shall see.

Not so much. Killing reciprocity made big news in the gun community, but not so much in "mainstream" news. Losing his armed protection detail and having to pull in the national guard would definitely be major national news.

Frankly, I'd be thrilled to see it come to pass. It would be an excellent opportunity to start introducing legislation in anti-gun states eliminating armed guards for politicians. Make them live up to their own voting record or further show how much they consider themselves separated from their constituents.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am starting to believe this may not happen. The Republicans (majority) are chomping at the bit to get back to Richmond and see to it. I was thinking of something. The governor just may be petty and allow them to take his security detail and use his power to call up a detail from the National Guard. I know it's a stretch, but I wouldn't put it past them as this is playing out.

JMHO, from my experience, in the INARNG, most would say no .....

Gov., calling up, M P's to protect him, would be state activation, and they would not collect Title 10 pay.....

Just base pay, and IIRC, NO benefits .....

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    So can the Virginia legislature actually change the governor's detail without passing new legislation (ie overriding a veto).

It would still have to hit the governor's desk, but it wouldn't look exactly good to disinterested observers seeing him for the true elitist he is when he vetoes legislation denying him his armed guards even as he seeks to deny ordinary citizens' their ability to defend themselves.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    "Herring said severing the out-of-state agreements can prevent people who may be dangerous or irresponsible from carrying a concealed weapon."
    And someday flying pigs may take over the Earth...
    Hope all the fine citizens of the Communistwealth of VA also understand that their carry permit is no longer valid in 25 states.
    It works both ways.

Wat? You mean existing laws don't cover that?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A training requirement isn't even mentioned in the AG's reason for doing this. Comparing Virginia and Indiana's requirements for obtaining a CC license/permit, they seem to be very similar. What is it EXACTLY that Virginia wants that Indiana doesn't require?

December 22, 2015 - Herring and VSP Complete Audit and Update of Concealed Handgun Permit Recognition

Indiana Concealed Carry Permit Information

They want to take the lead in the Balkanization of carry legislation. I would say the best tack would be to look for Bloomberg money or collusion with Obama administration anti-2A strategists. Proving a larger conspiracy could go a long way to reversing this.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom