• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    But the politicians don't care about the lost revenue, they just double or triple taxes where they can, things like tolls, entrance fees, license fees and so on, property taxes through the roof and so on.
    Just look across the river and see what O'Mally did in two terms to the big business in Maryland along with the tax structures.
    Maryland has one of the worst business tax climates in the country (42nd out of the 50 states). That explains why nearly 3,500 businesses have either left Maryland or closed up shop since 2006. Only one Fortune 100 company is headquartered in the state.

I hate to say it, but get used to it Virginia.. Elections have consequences...

Is Maryland the next California? | The Daily Caller

No thanks, I choose to NOT get used to it.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Exactly, because we won't be coming. You'll only have liberal anti's there, the ones who would elect this fine fellow.

And that's exactly the demographics that lives in Northern Virginia, from The Money land of Potomac to Herdon on through Fairfax county over to Old Town Alexandria. Add Richmond, alot of Virginia Beach, New Port News and Charlottesville. It's liberal population has control of the State. It's done, The same thing happened to Wash DC and MD. And the surrounding northern States. Once a few of the highest populated County's go liberal, that state is done..

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    This is what happens with democrats in control. The party has moved so far left I don't see how anyone who believes in the 2nd Amendment could support any democrat. Lesson learned.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    No thanks, I choose to NOT get used to it.

Man I feel your pain, I fought it since Rockville MD tried to pass a ammo log back in the early 80's.. I grew up three blocks from the Old Georgetown Rd exit off 495. That was when Montgomery co was Conservative. Middle 70's. I watched the whole world turn there... It's not coming back.
    .The citizens of Maryland were so pissed off they voted in a Conservative Governer this time, but they forgot to clean out the congressman , senators and the statehouse.. He can't do poop.. And he will not do anything.. Especially for the second Admendment group... Nothing, he has done nothing for CCL restrictions or all the firearms on the cant buy list.
    Conservitisium is not going to come back to Virginia,.. There's not enough Conservative citizens in Virginia to make it happen.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Man I feel your pain, I fought it since Rockville MD tried to pass a ammo log back in the early 80's.. I grew up three blocks from the Old Georgetown Rd exit off 495. That was when Montgomery co was Conservative. Middle 70's. I watched the whole world turn there... It's not coming back.
    .The citizens of Maryland were so pissed off they voted in a Conservative Governer this time, but they forgot to clean out the congressman , senators and the statehouse.. He can't do poop.. And he will not do anything.. Especially for the second Admendment group... Nothing, he has done nothing for CCL restrictions or all the firearms on the cant buy list.
    Conservitisium is not going to come back to Virginia,.. There's not enough Conservative citizens in Virginia to make it happen.

I have only been here for two years, but I like it. The state is divided and is a swing state for the next election. Hopefully, there will be a Party ready to work for the vote of those who believe in 2A freedom in 2020 or 2024.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Maybe this will be the trigger for a greater push for national reciprocity. A handful of political douche bags should not be able to strip the rights of law abiding citizens based on a whim.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've been asking some questions here and nobody has been able to answer them. A person who knows someone, who knows someone that I know, said this came about as a result of Liberty University's president openly admitting they allow students to have guns in the dorms. This still doesn't make sense, especially since visitors can open carry.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A more productive solution might be to contact their tourism bureau and let them know that their AG has just made visiting VA impossible for you.

Done, and thank you for the information and suggestion.

Here is what I just sent:

Dear Virginia Tourism Corporation:

Recent actions by the Governor and Attorney General of Virginia have rendered invalid the firearms carry licenses and permits of 25 formerly honored states. On that list is my state of residence, Indiana. Because of this change, I will cancel all plans to travel to your state in the future and as a result will not patronize any businesses in Virginia.

You should be aware that many people who take their personal safety very seriously choose to legally and responsibly carry firearms as part of their overall plan. Those plans do not change when traveling to other states, where such precautions may be even more prudent when in unfamiliar areas. Vacation and business travel plans can and are affected by whether or not the destination state recognizes the firearms carry licenses or permits held by the traveler. I choose to not travel to Virginia specifically because my Indiana License to Carry Handgun is no longer valid there.

I urge to you contact Governor McAuliffe and Attorney General Mark Herring to request that they reconsider and reverse their decision. Unless and until that changes, people like me will continue to avoid Virginia and spend our money at the hotels, restaurants, shops, and other businesses in states that are more welcoming to visitors. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Respectfully,

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Virginia shores up gun legislation, as states adopt varied measures

Followup article from christian science monitor

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    This is what happens with democrats in control. The party has moved so far left I don't see how anyone who believes in the 2nd Amendment could support any democrat. Lesson learned.

New to INGO, aren't you? A quick search will dispel that illusion.

A training requirement isn't even mentioned in the AG's reason for doing this. Comparing Virginia and Indiana's requirements for obtaining a CC license/permit, they seem to be very similar. What is it EXACTLY that Virginia wants that Indiana doesn't require?

December 22, 2015 - Herring and VSP Complete Audit and Update of Concealed Handgun Permit Recognition

Indiana Concealed Carry Permit Information

Blue State residence?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Done, and thank you for the information and suggestion.

Here is what I just sent:

Dear Virginia Tourism Corporation:

Recent actions by the Governor and Attorney General of Virginia have rendered invalid the firearms carry licenses and permits of 25 formerly honored states. On that list is my state of residence, Indiana. Because of this change, I will cancel all plans to travel to your state in the future and as a result will not patronize any businesses in Virginia.

You should be aware that many people who take their personal safety very seriously choose to legally and responsibly carry firearms as part of their overall plan. Those plans do not change when traveling to other states, where such precautions may be even more prudent when in unfamiliar areas. Vacation and business travel plans can and are affected by whether or not the destination state recognizes the firearms carry licenses or permits held by the traveler. I choose to not travel to Virginia specifically because my Indiana License to Carry Handgun is no longer valid there.

I urge to you contact Governor McAuliffe and Attorney General Mark Herring to request that they reconsider and reverse their decision. Unless and until that changes, people like me will continue to avoid Virginia and spend our money at the hotels, restaurants, shops, and other businesses in states that are more welcoming to visitors. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Respectfully,

We really need rhino writing a copyable form type letters for all official correspondence. :yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think Indiana got the axe because the License to Carry Handgun is available to people 18-20 years old and Virginia requires 21. Of course, they'd probably just find another lame reason if that were not the case.

A training requirement isn't even mentioned in the AG's reason for doing this. Comparing Virginia and Indiana's requirements for obtaining a CC license/permit, they seem to be very similar. What is it EXACTLY that Virginia wants that Indiana doesn't require?

December 22, 2015 - Herring and VSP Complete Audit and Update of Concealed Handgun Permit Recognition

Indiana Concealed Carry Permit Information

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think Indiana got the axe because the License to Carry Handgun is available to people 18-20 years old and Virginia requires 21. Of course, they'd probably just find another lame reason if that were not the case.

Okay, I didn't know that. Virginia has one of the largest populations of military and veterans in the nation. That needs to change!

Top Bottom