Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We do not, and will never know what precipitated this event. Sport bike riders are not known for seeking out and abusing people like street gangs. I am also not unaware of the pack instinct for emotional reactions. I am surprised that there is not more of this. Especially since cell phones, cage drivers carelessly kill a lot of bikers. I have lost 6 friends to cage drivers since OCT of 2006. Three in Indiana, two in Oklahoma, one in Texas. One was killed by a woman cop, one was a cop, the woman that killed the first one had killed a biker several months earlier. I was rear ended while stopped at a light in broad daylight by a driver who lived in that town and drove that road every day. The car driver might have just ran their buddy into a guard rail. Not that it makes it right, but there is always more to the story.....

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    We do not, and will never know what precipitated this event. Sport bike riders are not known for seeking out and abusing people like street gangs. I am also not unaware of the pack instinct for emotional reactions. I am surprised that there is not more of this. Especially since cell phones, cage drivers carelessly kill a lot of bikers. I have lost 6 friends to cage drivers since OCT of 2006. Three in Indiana, two in Oklahoma, one in Texas. One was killed by a woman cop, one was a cop, the woman that killed the first one had killed a biker several months earlier. I was rear ended while stopped at a light in broad daylight by a driver who lived in that town and drove that road every day. The car driver might have just ran their buddy into a guard rail. Not that it makes it right, but there is always more to the story.....

What is a cage driver?

Not knowing what started this it is hard to say. If this was unprovoked and they started ganging up around my vehicle, I would have done the same thing. Fear for my life and I will take action.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    A story I have read on NBC New York says this all started after the driver of the Range Rover called 911 to report their erratic riding. There is videos from this unauthorized ride they were doing that have them doing wheelies down the road. Also the same report says 15 riders were arrested and 55 bikes seized over the driving. I won't say this is how normal sport bike riders ride, but some people will end up saying that. I know better though.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The bikers were in no immediate danger from this SUV and had no business doing what they were doing.

I am curious what level of force would have been appropriate for a situation such as this.

Do you focus on escaping? Or respond with force? Do you start shooting? Try to run over the guys beating on your windows?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    My feelings is that I would start with trying to find an escape route. The first time (when the bike cut him off and brake checked him), he had no good escape route. Only over bikes, which he took. The second time (when they got the drivers door open), he took off and got away. The third time, there was no good escape route without backing up and going against traffic. I don't know if someone in the car dialed 911 or not, but if not, they should have. This happened in NYC so chances are he wasn't carrying. I not even going to pretend to know what I would do if I was and something happened.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    The inside of you car is the same as the inside of your house.

And with a wife and child inside.

Deadly force is authorized. I would try to get away any way possible 1st.

Jimmy

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I take my statement about lifted diesel trucks being stupid. This would.be a good.time to have one.

Why were the guys doors unlocked when they went.up to him the first time, that was scary!

If that was how it started I would have done the same thing. Although I would have went in reverse when they started beating on the window. How they went all that way without .a single cop is weird. There are cops all over the place in New York. I would have said 911, men with guns are.trying.to carjack me on motorcycles.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    After reading the article and watching the video again, the guy had called 911 for the erratic driving. It looks like one of the bikers was being arrogant and stopped in the road causing the suv to hit him. Then the bikers started slashing the suv's tires beating it with helmets and he drove off by driving over one. I would have drove straight to the nearest police station with my wife on the phone to 911. His first mistake was leaking the main road. Since its NYC so chance legal to carry / protect yourself - you would be better driving over them then shooting them any how.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    A story I have read on NBC New York says this all started after the driver of the Range Rover called 911 to report their erratic riding. There is videos from this unauthorized ride they were doing that have them doing wheelies down the road. Also the same report says 15 riders were arrested and 55 bikes seized over the driving. I won't say this is how normal sport bike riders ride, but some people will end up saying that. I know better though.
    First off, I am a life time crotch rocket rider, amateur raced when I was younger with CCS/WERA, and have been around ALL types of bikers.
    I know exactly the type in the video. They are all over the south side of Chicago. They ride like complete d!cks in heavy traffic, are reckless and endanger other drivers on the road. I'm far from being any sort of saint on the dan ryan, but I can confidently hold myself above these f-wits. I have no doubt that the events preceding the video would have hung these bikers in court beyond what you could imagine.
    As for sport bike riders in general, I know better also. This is not the bulk of the community. I did also notice the vest on some of them denoting typical affiliated yahoos of some sort. Those types (ethnics aside) always seem looking for trouble and creating it when the cant' find any just laying around...

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    First off, I am a life time crotch rocket rider, amateur raced when I was younger with CCS/WERA, and have been around ALL types of bikers.
    I know exactly the type in the video. They are all over the south side of Chicago. They ride like complete d!cks in heavy traffic, are reckless and endanger other drivers on the road. I'm far from being any sort of saint on the dan ryan, but I can confidently hold myself above these f-wits. I have no doubt that the events preceding the video would have hung these bikers in court beyond what you could imagine.
    As for sport bike riders in general, I know better also. This is not the bulk of the community. I did also notice the vest on some of them denoting typical affiliated yahoos of some sort. Those types (ethnics aside) always seem looking for trouble and creating it when the cant' find any just laying around...

I agree, I wasn't saying street bike riders are all this way, just saying that some (maybe most) will see this video and say that. I am more a cruiser person (I like Victory's), but Suzuki Wee's and Vee's are a bike I also like.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The inside of you car is the same as the inside of your house.

And with a wife and child inside.

Deadly force is authorized. I would try to get away any way possible 1st.

Jimmy
    Yep. This is the rule i live by. The moment I felt my life was in danger (bikers trying to get at me inside my car) then my car becomes a bike crushing machine to either get away first or if I can't then until the cops arrive or they stop moving towards me. 2nd step is gun if the car is breached. Which sucks because gun fire inside of a vehicle will rock your world forever!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    More spirt bike clubs popping up, Sin City mc now have a sport bike affiliate club called the Titans. I personally blame Sons of Anarchy. Now everyone's a wanna be biker. I miss the old days!

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    My kids know to hold their ears if I ever tell them I have to pull a gun inside a vehicle. Me on the other hand, will be deafened but alive...

Yep. This is the rule i live by. The moment I felt my life was in danger (bikers trying to get at me inside my car) then my car becomes a bike crushing machine to either get away first or if I can't then until the cops arrive or they stop moving towards me. 2nd step is gun if the car is breached. Which sucks because gun fire inside of a vehicle will rock your world forever!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The guy has 4x4 Land Rover, no firearm needed, just stick to the interstate and slow cruise while waiting foe LEO to catch up, you can run the whole damn pack over on flat tires and keep going, worst case open the sun roof and start dumping mags!!!

Top Bottom