• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    The guy has 4x4 Land Rover, no firearm needed, just stick to the interstate and slow cruise while waiting foe LEO to catch up, you can run the whole damn pack over on flat tires and keep going, worst case open the sun roof and start dumping mags!!!
    Isn't this the State that allows a magazine that only holds 10 rounds?.. If he was a law abiding citizen he would've been screwed anyways!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First off, I am a life time crotch rocket rider, amateur raced when I was younger with CCS/WERA, and have been around ALL types of bikers.
    I know exactly the type in the video. They are all over the south side of Chicago. They ride like complete d!cks in heavy traffic, are reckless and endanger other drivers on the road. I'm far from being any sort of saint on the dan ryan, but I can confidently hold myself above these f-wits. I have no doubt that the events preceding the video would have hung these bikers in court beyond what you could imagine.
    As for sport bike riders in general, I know better also. This is not the bulk of the community. I did also notice the vest on some of them denoting typical affiliated yahoos of some sort. Those types (ethnics aside) always seem looking for trouble and creating it when the cant' find any just laying around...

That is exactly the case here. They put on a persona when the leg goes over the saddle and suddenly they are invincible. Brake job...SUV...not the brightest bunch. Many more would have had to clear a path in that deal. Wife and child first.....A$$HAT POS riders last.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I don't want to see anyone get hurt. I don't know who was at fault. I can say that if the SUV driver had wanted to wipe out the motos he could have jumped forward 30 yards, slammed it into reverse and backed through/over the bikes to point of beginning and repeated as necessary.

I can see wanting to make sure the guy who ran over your buddies gets what's coming to him, but if the suv driver really wanted to go after the bikers all they could have done was ran away. Trying to block in a range rover with a crotch rocket or collection of crotch rockets is ambitious at best and stuuupid in reality.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Rest of'ems LUCKY.......ta say the least.......cager could'a took out waaayyyyyy more of'em on the way down hwy.......2 wheels vs 4000 lb cage?.......ya ain't gonna win 'at 1,if the dude in SUV decides ta take out bikes........

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Wow. I am not a bike rider but I drive an old suburban. It would have been crunched bikes galore. It was a no win for the SUV driver. The obvious mob mentality was present and because it would appear the biker initiated it, only thing he could have done was done. But needed done some more.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm a motorcyclist and personally, I believe that roving bands of sportbike riders who ignore all traffic laws and common sense, subjecting others to their self-indulgent idiocy is the plague of modern riding.

I have no problem believing that these over-caffinated, Monster energy sucking, punks would feel themselves the victim if a guy just trying to get somewhere was to interrupt their little party for a few moments. Victim-ology, after all, is the new American pasttime.

What would I have done? Whatever it takes, but I'd have been on 911 early on asking them to tell me where to go and send cops. I would definitely try to make sure I didn't have to stop, understanding NY traffic doesn't make that easy.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Yeah, gotta agree with you guys. Escape any way possible, run them over if necessary.

I'd say that opening fire would be a last resort with a group that size. No telling if any of them are carrying.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Uhg, those are the worse type of bikers (Know I will get flack for this, I don't care). I've never had *******s on Harleys drive like idiots around me. I see a lot of idiots on crotch rockets though. If I had to wager, I'd say they all just got done bronzing and bleaching and gelling their hair, got some tribal tattoos, watched 'Fast N Furious' and then all went for a joy-ride on their bikes.

(I went with plum instead of purple because im only half-way joking on that one)

EDIT: And I'm sure not all crotch-rocket riders are arrogant asshats when it comes to driving their bikes. It's just I've never seen one that wasn't or one that drove, y'know, normal. :D

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    In the Bay Area, I have seen numbers like 10 times the size of that group of bikers. It was a bunch of bikers on the cruiser type bikes. They all went to the very right lane of the toll bridge, and never impeded traffic. They could have seriously slowed down traffic by hitting every toll booth, backing up traffic for a good hour, except for those of us that had Fast Trak, but they all got into a semi-orderly line. And you have to remember, it is legal for bikers to ride on the white line between cars in CA.

I personally would get a sport bike instead of a cruiser, I don't really like how the cruisers look, and I imagine sport bikes get better gas mileage, which is the reason I want one. I get 30mpg in my car, I would love to get around 45-50, but still be able to go fast enough to not get shoved to the side of the road like a scooter. I don't live in town, a scooter isn't something that is very safe on rural roads without a shoulder.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Most Harley Sportsters are fast, they also get about that gas mileage.

I like Victory cruisers and what I found online is that they get about 40-45 mpg. Victory's are also much better balanced. Victory's also come with between a 1500 and a 1600 CC engine and weigh about 660 pounds to 720 pounds.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    When the stress of a potentially lethal situation arises, it's hard to know what you will do. In the high stress situations I have been in it seems the more you can keep your emotions under control, the more options come into your mind. I know keeping a cool head is hard to do when your life is in jeopardy. An early 911 call could have been great, especially if you have a wife in the car that can call while you drive. The 911 operator may have usable advice, but would definitely be able to get the police headed in your direction and inform them that you are the one who called so you might get the early assumption of being the victim if shots are being fired when they arrive. With this situation you definitely don't want to get pinnned in so getting onto a major interstate might be a good thing. CB's are archaic and probably not even an option to most, but a quick call to a few trucks might not hurt, they may be able to assist you in either blocking or tackling. Of course if you stay on the interstate a police officer would more likely be close, and easy to find you and the group. You would be able to perform what seems to be the required motorcycle removal maneuvers if they continue to try to either block you in or try to restrict your movements otherwise known as criminal confinement in Indiana. If it came down to shooting, after the first few aggressors drop to the ground, the rest would likely leave. I give motorcycle riders extra room, and extra consideration when I drive. A pack of animals like these I don't consider motorcycle riders, they are predators.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    What would I do....

1) try to avoid a confrontation, 5 minutes of aggravation isn't worth a minimum of 2 years in the legal/court system
    2) if riceburners escalate, lock and load

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i drive a yukon myself, and the whole chase i was just thinking to myself, how easy would it have been to knock out a few more of those a-holes while going down the road, if you are in that situation and they are chasing you like that, why would you slow down when one jumped in front of you, full ahead, leave em where they lie.

Top Bottom