• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What is an"unauthorized ride"? Do we have to get permission now to ride our bikes? If I understand correctly, this group was rerouted by NYPD because they didn't want the bikes to end up at Times Square.

You don't need permission to ride your bikes. You need permission to have a parade which ignores traffic laws and traffic signs and signals. You need a closed off area to engage in reckless behavior which is a danger to yourself and others.

My understanding is that this group routinely gathers to do stunts on city streets in traffic. They often split the lanes, which I believe is legal in New York, but they also split the lanes going the opposite direction of traffic on the left side of the street, which is not legal anywhere.

Videos posted online by members of this group show multiple instances of illegal and dangerous behavior. Since the riders have face-concealing helmets, no license plates, and can elude police, they do whatever they want.

It is sad that one member of this group was severely injured when others attacked the vehicle after yet another member caused a collision.

If I am surrounded by an angry mob beating on my car and trying to open the doors, I am not going to sit there and hope they just want my insurance information.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    What is an"unauthorized ride"? Do we have to get permission now to ride our bikes? If I understand correctly, this group was rerouted by NYPD because they didn't want the bikes to end up at Times Square.

Much like the 9/11 bikers, that was an unauthorized ride this year and had at least a million bikers riding through DC. Since they had to obey traffic laws, they broke into small groups to still do their ride without having much affect on DC traffic.

As the previous person said, they had many bikes without license plates, four wheelers, dirt bikes, running through red lights, harassing other drivers, riding on sidewalks, riding on the wrong side of hte road all while the roads were open. Had they had an authorized ride, they would have had police blocking traffic so they could just ride straight through intersections. The police knew of this group and didn't give them that luxury. And no, you don't need permission to ride on the street as long as you have a license to do so, license plate, and obey traffic laws.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Much like the 9/11 bikers, that was an unauthorized ride this year and had at least a million bikers riding through DC. Since they had to obey traffic laws, they broke into small groups to still do their ride without having much affect on DC traffic.

As the previous person said, they had many bikes without license plates, four wheelers, dirt bikes, running through red lights, harassing other drivers, riding on sidewalks, riding on the wrong side of hte road all while the roads were open. Had they had an authorized ride, they would have had police blocking traffic so they could just ride straight through intersections. The police knew of this group and didn't give them that luxury. And no, you don't need permission to ride on the street as long as you have a license to do so, license plate, and obey traffic laws.

And have an operator's license. It's been well established that the guy who is paralyzed has never even had a driver's license in his entire life yet he was operating a motorcycle on NYC streets. Sounds like a law-abiding citizen to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now there's some crap about the family of one of bikers who was run over claiming that he is the victim and the SUV driver was on a rampage and the media is all against them. Victimization Nation at its finest!

USA Today giving credence to bikers-as-victims:
    Supporters rally around biker hurt in NYC dustup

Facebook page started 2 days age demanding 'justice' for biker who was run over:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/justice-for-jay-meezee/411664345601619
    (includes a link to donate to their medical and legal fund)

2nd Facebook page started an hour ago after too much truth was being posted on first page:
    http://www.facebook.com/justiceforjaymeezee
    (which by the way violates Facebook's policy regarding creating duplicate pages for the same cause)

Facebook page advocating justice for the SUV driver:
    http://www.facebook.com/justice4alexianlienofficial
    Gee, maybe they shouldn't have videoed themselves being douchebags, ya think??

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    My two cents:

[video=youtube_share;H_lijLYuw-o]http://youtu.be/H_lijLYuw-o[/video]

Love that scene. Some punks just need to learn their manners the hard way.

What percentage of the NY biker group do you think were raised in a single-mother home?

Top Bottom