• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    On another note - before I grew into my large and intimidating self, when I was a kid, I had some experience with bullies. I can spot them a mile away. This officer is a bully, in a job where no bully should ever be. Was I the only one who had a strong desire to smash my fist into his face?

The driver was clearly one of those people who are easily intimidated, which explains why he didn't assert himself. To me, this explains a lot about the cop's reaction - he's a bully, it's like blood in the water to him

Think about this aspect though. He knew his dashcam was on. That tells me he's acted out ugly scenes many times before. He thought it was okay.

Also, his demeanor from the beginning was less commanding than it was angry, contemptuous, and irritated.

I guess he can tell the story for the rest of his life how he used to be a cop 'til they screwed him over.
    I was getting that impression myself. And yes, I was wanting to harm the thug, really bad!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Can you believe the way the THUGS threatened the guys life several times?

I called the PD there, told them off on their answering machine. They should be ashamed of themselves, and I will never drive thru that town, guaranteed.

Give them a call- I'm sure they would LOVE to hear from you. Canton, OH PD: 330-489-3100 Ask for Dean McKimm. Chief

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    henktermaat. Agree with the calling idea, but the Chamber of Commerce, mayor's office, Pro Football Hall of Fame might be places to complain that might get more reaction. The police don't care if you never drive through their town.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It's time to clean house. Then perhaps we can all sing kum-by-ya and talk about how to repair the LEO's "image."

Great effort was taken to present you this message without expletives.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    henktermaat. Agree with the calling idea, but the Chamber of Commerce, mayor's office, Pro Football Hall of Fame might be places to complain that might get more reaction. The police don't care if you never drive through their town.

Who cares. I asked them to call me back so I can chew them out over the phone. they need to REALLY GET that people aren't going to stand for this.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Wow. Well, the cop obviously has issues that Canton will have to deal with. There's too much publicity now for them to brush over it. There's 2 clear cases of code violation from the officer, the most-clear one being when he told the cuffed citizen under his arrest, sitting in his patrol car, that he was close to "bashing his head in." His badge won't protect him from prosecution.

For the guy who was arrested, he potentially has 2 problems, the punishment for which may be heavily mitigated by what happened. First, he was arrested for soliciting, not for anything to do with his carry permit. Our insane cop probably screwed any chance of a conviction for the charge as, in his tantrum upon learning the guy had a gun, he let the prostitute go. Even if the prosecutor wanted to move forward with the solicitation charge, it is highly unlikely he could get a conviction. That's good, for our timid victim was carrying a gun while committing a "third degree" misdemeanor in Ohio. If the prosecutor had a case on the solicitation charge, doing so while carrying a gun would surely be offered as aggravating circumstances and would significantly increase his prison sentence.

All in all, an entire video of losers. Sad.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    For the guy who was arrested, he potentially has 2 problems, the punishment for which may be heavily mitigated by what happened. First, he was arrested for soliciting, not for anything to do with his carry permit. Our insane cop probably screwed any chance of a conviction for the charge as, in his tantrum upon learning the guy had a gun, he let the prostitute go. Even if the prosecutor wanted to move forward with the solicitation charge, it is highly unlikely he could get a conviction. That's good, for our timid victim was carrying a gun while committing a "third degree" misdemeanor in Ohio. If the prosecutor had a case on the solicitation charge, doing so while carrying a gun would surely be offered as aggravating circumstances and would significantly increase his prison sentence.

Where'd you get that from? The lawyer representing him said, "I am representing someone in a failure to notify case." on the CCW forum.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't believe he was arrested for solicitation...:dunno:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I used to sell life and health insurance. I spent a pleasant 30 minutes on a street corner in Gary explaining to a hooker the options her uncle had on his Medicare supplement insurance. How did I know she was a hooker? I was standing on a street corner wondering how long I should wait for my business owner appointment to show up when she came up and asked me if I wanted to go back to her apartment for a quickie.

After I explained to her that I was married to the most beautiful woman in the world who has given it to me for free for 30 plus years I got down to the business of making ME money. Any cop who saw us taking could have easily given me a hassle for solicitation. Any cop who found my business card on her that I asked her to give to her uncle could have given me grief.

Assumption, my friends, is the soft underbelly of the justice system.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Visit Canton Ohio, Stark County | Official Canton Stark County Ohio Tourism Website
    Here are the people that want your money there. I emailed them about employing police that threaten to kill people during stops.
    I will definately call some people there. Interestingly, I googled this up last night and web sites all over the place popped up. There are gun groups literally around the country posting this and it is the same original quote from the attorney. I don't think that cop will be able to pile donuts high enough to hide behind.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I am totally shocked.

Also, the line in the newspaper story "But when officers respond to calls involving guns “it’s an emotional situation." is BS. These officers were not responding to a "call" involving a gun at all. They're already trying to make excuses for him.

Also, this is the first time I've ever said anything negative about a LEO at all. I'm not a basher of any kind. But this on is so over the top. I'd say that right now, it's probably 50/50 that this guy gets to keep his job. This will be dragged out for awhile and there will be more newspaper stories with lines like above. Then he'll undergo some counseling. The longer this drags out, the more likely he is to keep his job.

The other LEOs in Canton should make a public statement that they would refuse to work with EITHER of the officers involved. Everyone keeps concentrating on the one LEO (mostly understandable), but there were two there and they are both guilty.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Concerning the US-vs-Them issue - I'm now on the side of US.

Any LEO I meet will be met with extreme prejudice and distrust. I don't give a rat's ass if you're one of the "good ones." You can prove it to me by not stomping on my rights, not swearing at me, threatening to kill me, or treating me with disrespect.

Like Scutter said, We usually see a closing of ranks, a circling of the wagons. It's BS and you LEOs need to stand up against this :poop: YESTERDAY.

Dwight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    looks like this video will go viral, just saw that the Blaze has it on, top of the page:Canton Ohio Police Officeer Threatens Concealed Carry Weapon Holder During Traffic Stop | Video | TheBlaze.com Officers like these two give all peace officers a bad name, that most of them don't deserve. There is already too much of an "us verses them"
    attitude in all branches of law enforcement. Does a great disservice to the public and is of no benefit to the enforcement of the law.

Thank you for posting the link. I like to check things out and decide for myself. This is outrageous! The officer absolutley has to be removed from service and immediately tried on intimidation/harassment charges. If this sad excuse for an officer is not sleeping under a bridge, wondering where his career went by Labor Day, then we have a serious problem with our system. (wishful thinking) When the officer states "I'm losing my mind" he is sadly mistaken. His mind has clearly been missing for some time and he is absolutley dangerous to the community. :xmad::xmad:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I am totally shocked.

Also, the line in the newspaper story "But when officers respond to calls involving guns “it’s an emotional situation." is BS. These officers were not responding to a "call" involving a gun at all. They're already trying to make excuses for him.

Also, this is the first time I've ever said anything negative about a LEO at all. I'm not a basher of any kind. But this on is so over the top. I'd say that right now, it's probably 50/50 that this guy gets to keep his job. This will be dragged out for awhile and there will be more newspaper stories with lines like above. Then he'll undergo some counseling. The longer this drags out, the more likely he is to keep his job.

The other LEOs in Canton should make a public statement that they would refuse to work with EITHER of the officers involved. Everyone keeps concentrating on the one LEO (mostly understandable), but there were two there and they are both guilty.

The whole department is guilty. This waste of skin cop was an employee with a history of this stuff, and they didn't suspend him until this became public.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Hey, this would be a good time for one of those all-cop vigilante groups like in... which Dirty Harry movie was it?

Note the LIGHT purple.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Concerning the US-vs-Them issue - I'm now on the side of US.

Any LEO I meet will be met with extreme prejudice and distrust. I don't give a rat's ass if you're one of the "good ones." You can prove it to me by not stomping on my rights, not swearing at me, threatening to kill me, or treating me with disrespect.

Like Scutter said, We usually see a closing of ranks, a circling of the wagons. It's BS and you LEOs need to stand up against this :poop: YESTERDAY.
    Just because LEO's don't scream for an immediate hanging doesn't mean that they IN ANY WAY endorse the actions of this idiot in OH.
    He's disgraced Law Enforcement and should face the civil and/or criminal sanctions allowed in cases such as these.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Just because LEO's don't scream for an immediate hanging doesn't mean that they IN ANY WAY endorse the actions of this idiot in OH.
    He's disgraced Law Enforcement and should face the civil and/or criminal sanctions allowed in cases such as these.

It about time we had LEOs step up up against their own departments (yes, whole departments) who have this issue, but no.

I agree, it's simply not going to happen. :n00b:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    The law enforcement community needs some organized way to show their disapproval. When a LEO dies, they have the thin blue line, an appropriate way to show support. Maybe for situations like this, they need a little blue flame, like 'burn that #(@*&%'.

Top Bottom