• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This one single video, in the course of barely 18 hours, has created hundreds or even thousands of cop-haters and even more who will just not trust cops ever again. LEOs (ALL LEOs) should be hanging this guy out to dry. OUT. TO. DRY. They should be loudly and publicly denouncing this behavior, and then doing everything in their power to discourage it in their fellow officers. When you say nothing, you make your own job harder and more dangerous and you make the rest of us distrust you.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So, if this sub standard life form is put on paid vacation, and is then fired days/weeks/months after the incident occurred, he DOES have to pay back his vacation money the taxpayers gave him...right?

Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    South Bend
    This one single video, in the course of barely 18 hours, has created hundreds or even thousands of cop-haters and even more who will just not trust cops ever again. LEOs (ALL LEOs) should be hanging this guy out to dry. OUT. TO. DRY. They should be loudly and publicly denouncing this behavior, and then doing everything in their power to discourage it in their fellow officers. When you say nothing, you make your own job harder and more dangerous and you make the rest of us distrust you.
    This. Letting police PR make all the apologies isn't enough to minimize the damage this has done to the public's trust in cops; every officer everywhere must do it.

Oh, and the guy must go to jail for a couple years, at least.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    When I see the good LEOs out there start to publicly stand against this sort of thing, I will agree with you. All I ever see is a closing of ranks.

This is one of those times when you a literally either for it or against it. There is no gray area. You can't just sit back and go "tut tut, such a shame" and pretend you're not involved. If you're a cop and you're not working to put a stop to this behavior, then you are just as complicit. Look at CPD. According to reports (which may not be accurate, I will grant you), the CPD attempted to suppress this video in exchange for not prosecuting the driver on the bogus charges they trumped up. In other words, they tried to extort him. Now that the video is out, the Chief is suddenly all concerned about how this is "against department policy" and "we will launch a full investigation". Your actions speak louder than your words, Chief.

I've been thru the Ohio forum in detail... this is all true.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hopefully some good will come out of this by bringing the issue to public notice. You can't allow bullies like this to run around armed and carrying a badge.

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Hopefully some good will come out of this by bringing the issue to public notice. You can't allow bullies like this to run around armed and carrying a badge.

^^ This. Sometimes it takes something really shocking to let in enough sunshine to get some cleaning done. Let's hope this does it.

ETA:

From article: Adams said that officers deal with emotional and dangerous situations on the job. But when officers respond to calls involving guns “it’s an emotional situation. I’m not condoning ... anything that might have happened in the video.”

I call SHENANIGANS on this pathetic excuse for that behavior. Even saying something like that is horrible. There is no possible justification for that LEOs behavior. The gun was already out of the citizen's hands and he was secure in the back of the police car when the worst parts occur. Another wow.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I just watched the video again. The comment on executing the CCW holder is really odd. You get the feeling through out the stop that this guy was about one snarky comment away from putting a beat down on the guy. I have to admit, it would have been hard for me to resist at some point telling the puke what I thought of him.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    On another note - before I grew into my large and intimidating self, when I was a kid, I had some experience with bullies. I can spot them a mile away. This officer is a bully, in a job where no bully should ever be. Was I the only one who had a strong desire to smash my fist into his face?

The driver was clearly one of those people who are easily intimidated, which explains why he didn't assert himself. To me, this explains a lot about the cop's reaction - he's a bully, it's like blood in the water to him

Think about this aspect though. He knew his dashcam was on. That tells me he's acted out ugly scenes many times before. He thought it was okay.

Also, his demeanor from the beginning was less commanding than it was angry, contemptuous, and irritated.

I guess he can tell the story for the rest of his life how he used to be a cop 'til they screwed him over.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    On another note - before I grew into my large and intimidating self, when I was a kid, I had some experience with bullies. I can spot them a mile away. This officer is a bully, in a job where no bully should ever be. Was I the only one who had a strong desire to smash my fist into his face?

No, you were not the only one. And I agree with your other points, just snipped them to address your question. I also think the other LEO has seen his share of being bullied, and the dynamics between the two LEOs were interesting.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Are you sure about that? I have read here on INGO many times that all those cop haters are really just felons and jealous cop wannabes.

Top Bottom