• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    To be fair, if you asked non-LEOs how they'd feel about video (or even just audio) recorded as they do their jobs, I guarantee that more than 25% would thing the idea stinks on ice.

The opinion of people whose jobs have no bearing on the freedom of the public is of no concern in this case.

If a cop can't do their job AS AN AGENT OF THE STATE without being concerned that the public is watching, the same public who pay their wages and who the police are sworn to serve, then they need to find another line of work.

IOW, if you can't handle the scrutiny that comes with holding a job that has direct impact on the liberty of the public then you shouldn't have that job.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    After seeing the video and the courts decision there should have been no delay in rendering a decision to fire the officer, (and his partner). It's been far too long. These things shouldn't take long at all. They certainly wouldn't take any time in the real world at a private, non-union job.

+100! There's no excuse for their still having jobs. The CPD's replies on their FB page after this went public sickened me. It was clear from their replies that if these two were indeed fired at some point, it would ONLY be because of tons of public pressure. The CPD clearly wouldn't take appropriate actions on their own.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    So it's going to take these clowns 6 months to determine that Harless should be fired (and charged)? Any normal person can make that decision after 15 min of watching the video. Harless belongs in an asylum, not a squad car.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that other officers are giving him their sick leave?

This is a contract provision in many police departments. Its original intent is to provide donated time to officers who suffer non-duty related illness or injury, should they run out their sick time.

Once an officer has been approved for the time, donation of sick hours is mandatory. When you come up in the rotation, eight hours of time is transferred.

I think it's a safe bet that there are plenty of officers in Canton who would NOT donate if they had a choice.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is a contract provision in many police departments. Its original intent is to provide donated time to officers who suffer non-duty related illness or injury, should they run out their sick time.

Once an officer has been approved for the time, donation of sick hours is mandatory. When you come up in the rotation, eight hours of time is transferred.

I think it's a safe bet that there are plenty of officers in Canton who would NOT donate if they had a choice.

Thank you for clarifying.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

The question is, "Who approved Harless?"... and will that person be donating HIS time back to those who have lost theirs?

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    The question is, "Who approved Harless?"... and will that person be donating HIS time back to those who have lost theirs?

Blessings,
    Bill

That depends on the contract. Cincinnati PD required the approval of the FOP membership and the police chief. The police chief was given veto power to deal with sick time abusers.

No one wanted to give donated sick time to someone who had pissed his own away (this happened to a man under my command).

Although the thought of Harless being on donated time is revolting, under contract provisions it's almost a certainty that he is qualified for it.

If he is not a sick time abuser and the department shrink is saying he has PTSD, they pretty much have to let him have it.

Top Bottom