• Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    jpjQn.png

The poster you copied is as nutty as our hooligan cop we are discussing. Yeah, words are words but when an armed person acting under color of law is threatening to kill someone, threatening to arrest him unlawfully over and over again that is way out there. In addition this driver was about as meek and subservient as you could run across, so some tough talk was not really called for.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    yeah... I couldn't believe how meek the driver was. The whole situation was OWNED by the cop, and the guy was definitely cowed.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    did you see the other comments in that thread? the vast majority of them sai d they didnt see a problem with what psycho cop did.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Those two guys in canton are not cops,police or leo's,just jackass's in uniform!!!

They shouldn't be cops, but they are. They are real police officers with lots of real power, who walk around supercharged, ready to execute innocent people, and "not lose any sleep over it". They drive around with their lights off and wrongfully pull people over, because they are out at night, just like an officer of INGO who I shall not name does. The officer threatened to put "lumps" on the woman, because she was standing next to a car, talking to a man, at night. The officer threatened to "execute" the innocent driver, threatened to wrongfully arrest him with a felony, threatened that he wasn't getting his license or arms back.

This piece of ****, along with his equal piece of **** partner, both deserve to rot in hell, and until then, they deserve to rot in prison. They don't deserve to "serve" the public, and they don't deserve to even be a part of the public. If you act like an animal, you should be treated like one. These lunatics are walking around, armed, threatening to put guns to innocent people's heads and threatening to execute them while their partners watch, without taking any action, and these pieces of **** have the audacity to tell this innocent man that he doesn't deserve to be among the public? That he doesn't understand the responsibility of carrying a firearm? What a joke. What a sick, disgusting joke. The only thing that keeps my head from exploding is that I believe, one day, they will reap what they have sewn and they will answer for the wrongs that they have done. Until then, hopefully someone will remind them why they shouldn't tread on us. :patriot:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That video was absolutely unbelievable. This guy should have some very severe consequences to face after that. "That's how officers get killed." No, blindly digging through occupied vehicles is how officers get killed. Assuming someone is unarmed simply because they haven't told you otherwise is how officers get killed. Carrying your flashlight around in your gun hand while dealing with unknown individuals is how officers get killed. Wandering around like an idiot with the driver still in the front seat is how officers get killed. There shouldn't have been any surprise that he was armed because this "officer" should have assumed that to begin with. And WTF?? Threatening several times to kill this guy? Threatening to beat a woman if he sees her again? Best of luck in your new career. Actually, I take that back, I couldn't care less where this guy ends up.

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    OK, I think I've cooled off now. It only took 24 hours since watching that @!#$ video.

Even so, I'm not PC enough to feel the need to bleat out some apologetic drivel like "There's lots of GOOD cops out there" :rolleyes:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Several hundred posts on facebook and not one person coming on and telling us that Harless goes to Sunday school every week, faithfully loves his mother and spends hours upon hours of his own time coaching the little league baseball team.

Even thugs who murder someone can normally get at least one person so say something nice about them.

Nevermind. Thought you were talking about the vic.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Officer Harless in his new job taking orders at Burger King:

"Hey, I saw you take extra ketchup! Don't lie to me! You did it! I'm about two seconds from smashing in your face, do you understand me? I'll ****ing take this apron off and strangle you with it and I won't lose any sleep over it either. My fellow cashier here will be a witness when I wrap this apron with the Burger King crown logo on it around your stupid neck and kill you with it! Damn, you people **** me off! You shouldn't even be allowed to wander around an esablishment that serves convenient food! You won't be doing that anymore, I'll tell you that. What's that in your hand? What do you mean 'Money to pay for the ketchup?' You're ****ing lying! You understand I want to smash your face with this spatula, right? Stupid people. I hate these ****ing extra ketchup eaters. If I see your girlfriend there with exra napkins she's gonna get some lumps."

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Officer Harless in his new job taking orders at Burger King:

"Hey, I saw you take extra ketchup! Don't lie to me! You did it! I'm about two seconds from smashing in your face, do you understand me? I'll ****ing take this apron off and strangle you with it and I won't lose any sleep over it either. My fellow cashier here will be a witness when I wrap this apron with the Burger King crown logo on it around your stupid neck and kill you with it! Damn, you people **** me off! You shouldn't even be allowed to wander around an esablishment that serves convenient food! You won't be doing that anymore, I'll tell you that. What's that in your hand? What do you mean 'Money to pay for the ketchup?' You're ****ing lying! You understand I want to smash your face with this spatula, right? Stupid people. I hate these ****ing extra ketchup eaters. If I see your girlfriend there with exra napkins she's gonna get some lumps."

:laugh::lol2::cheers::laugh6::rofl:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I don't understand why dispatch took or waited so long to inform the, hopefully soon-to-be ex-officers that the driver had a valid Ohio concealed weapons license. It seems like if it was so urgent that the driver be detained simply for being out at night, dispatch would have urgently ran his information and urgently notified the lunatics that the innocent guy had the license.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'm not sure what bothers me more, that there are two cops out there like this behaving this way, or that there are a fair number of other LEOs excusing/defending/etc.

OK, yes, I'm sure which bothers me more. The latter, for sure.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm not sure what bothers me more, that there are two cops out there like this behaving this way, or that there are a fair number of other LEOs excusing/defending/etc.

OK, yes, I'm sure which bothers me more. The latter, for sure.

Odd especially now that the Canton PD has disowned the officer on their Facebook page.

I want to assure our citizens that the behavior, as demonstrated in this video, is wholly unacceptable and in complete contradiction to the professional standards we demand of our officers. As such, appropriate steps were placed in motion as dictated by our standards, policies and contractual obligations. Those steps included: The officer immediately being relieved of all duty. The incident has been referred to the Internal Affairs Bureau for what will be a complete and thorough investigation. As bad as the video indicates our officer's actions were, there is a due process procedure to follow. That process is designed in the best interest of both our employees and the citizens at large. That process will be followed in this case as in all others. Anyone shown to be in violation of our rules and regulations will be help appropriately responsible as dictated by all the facts. ~Chief Dean McKimm

Of course, they waited until the video "got out".

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    +2! That's the first time I've laughed at anything on this thread since seeing the video last night. I knew a few punks in high school who went on to become county mounties. They talked about things they did to people after they got their badges. It made me sick. Wanna bet "officer" Harless was the same at school and on the street before he got his badge?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Out of curiosity, does it matter to anyone here that he was/is a Marine? I have no idea if he ever served overseas, but parts of that takedown kinda remind me of something that you'd see in a military checkpoint.

NOT condoning/rationalizing/defending the conduct in the stop. More just curious if his prior service matters.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    This guy reminds me of th CO in Shawshank Redemption, I think his name was Byron. If you recall in the end Byron when to jail crying like a little girl maybe the same will happen here.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    what kind of bad guys did he catch? those evil criminals with a tail light out or the really dangerous ones that do 57 in a 55? thank god for great officers like that who make the world a safer place.
    I'll bet he was so dedicated that he did all the things we've seen being done on the street: Turning right on red against a posted sign; driving like a bat out of hell on the highway with their wife and kids with them (obviously not on a run); cutting in and out of traffic to get to an exit they should have moved over for earlier; doing a fast rolling stop at a stop sign before flooring it; changing lanes within 100 feet of an intersection or in the intersection. You know, stuff that us "criminals" get busted for.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Several hundred posts on facebook and not one person coming on and telling us that Harless goes to Sunday school every week, faithfully loves his mother and spends hours upon hours of his own time coaching the little league baseball team.

Even thugs who murder someone can normally get at least one person so say something nice about them.
    Him coaching little league! Good one. What would he do if a kid missed a sign? "You sniveling little b*****d. You shouldn't be out here. I should take this bat and split your skull. And as far as your little sister in the stands if she doesn't get lost NOW I'll smack her too."

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Out of curiosity, does it matter to anyone here that he was/is a Marine? I have no idea if he ever served overseas, but parts of that takedown kinda remind me of something that you'd see in a military checkpoint.

NOT condoning/rationalizing/defending the conduct in the stop. More just curious if his prior service matters.

It wouldn't matter to me. I'd still like to see him standing on the gallows with his ***** partner.

I would think that a Marine with combat/checkpoint experience would have moved to make sure the driver wasn't armed immediately, certainly before he let his partner poke his head into the car anyway.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    It wouldn't matter to me. I'd still like to see him standing on the gallows with his ***** partner.

I would think that a Marine with combat/checkpoint experience would have moved to make sure the driver wasn't armed immediately, certainly before he let his partner poke his head into the car anyway.

And wouldn't have freaked about a gun that was already secured, taken from a suspect that was securely in his car. I was embarrassed to learn that he was a Marine.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    On the Marine issue, I agree it doesn't really matter to me in this situation. But I also think we do a really poor job in helping our vets adjust to being back in civilian life. When I see vets living on the street it just breaks my heart. I understand that it is mostly due to substance abuse issues, but it just seems wrong.

Top Bottom