• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I have seen the video and while I do think it was a little strange that a guy would be in that part of town at night looking for phone numbers for business while dropping off some people that have shady pasts, this does not negate the fact that this man has civil rights. His civil rights were clearly violated. I just love the part where the prosecution would agree to drop the charges if he agreed not to sue. What kind of BS is that? If they have the goods to go to court and he committed a crime, then they should go to court. If his rights were violated than the department and city needs to be held accountable. That's like: I steal your lunch and then say I will agree to return your sandwich if I get to keep your chips fair and square. The whole point would be that I stole your lunch to begin with. Here is a quote from the Canton Police Department website:

Our Mission
    "The mission of the Canton Police Department is to protect the lives and properties of the citizens of Canton, enforce all city, state, and federal laws, prevent crime, and educate the public.

We, the men and women of the Canton Police Department, shall perform these duties with honesty and fairness through strong leadership and continuous training. We will strive to serve as role models for the community, applying professional standards and commitment to integrity, sensitivity and compassion to those we serve."
    Police :: Police Department :: cantonohio.gov

I hope so. If they do not fire this idiot cop then they need to revise this statement.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You don't condem an entire group for the actions of a few.
    Not every Black man belongs to the Black Panthers.
    Not every White man belongs to the KKK.
    Not every gun owner is a Jared Lee Loughner.
    Not every Muslim is a Nidal Hasan.
    Not every Cop is a JBT.
    Generalization only hurt the good people in every group.

But here's the difference, UncleMike. For every bad cop, there must be at least one other cop who knew about it but didn't do anything, or worse, helped him cover it up.

There were two bad cops in that video - one who was acting, the other who was letting it happen.

Then, the department tried to cover it up, which means the bad cops in that department go all the way to the top.

So, I can't be smeared as a white man for the existence of the KKK because I've never done a single act that supported it or looked the other way while it did something illegal.

Not every cop has looked the other way, but over and over they cover for each other's bad behavior, sometimes just not doing anything, at other times outright lying.

When I was a kid in the sixties, I used to hear racial comments all the time. Hearing racist jokes was pretty common among adults I was around. I don't hear that crap very much anymore. The reason for that is that unless the idiot telling the joke KNOWS he's around a bunch of other idiots, he doesn't say that crap because he knows it will have social consequences for him.

When cops know that their fellow cops won't put up with this kind of behavior, it will stop. It continues now because they know that the "good" cops will cover for them.

So you go ahead and make all the points you like and go on the attack every time something like this happens. (Though I do appreciate your condemning it before the thread turned into you defending cops once again.) The rest of us will watch the video and see an officer who has likely done this many times before and who was certainly tolerated by his fellow officers. They're just as much to blame as he.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

So, UncleMike, yes for the record I acknowledge, affirm, and attest: not all cops are bad.

Wow, how relevant to this disgusting pile of fail and his disgusting pile of fail of a cowardly partner.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I do suspect Liberty is correct on the officer's reasoning. The officer came off as an arrogant prick who didn't want a citizen to have a gun. I too have been somewhat poisoned against the C(armel P)D.
    The irony is that that officer is about as ardent a supporter of 2A that you'll find - in or out of LE.

He may have "come off as an arrogant prick." That is different than being: 1) corrupt; 2) a thug; 3) anti 2A.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    The irony is that that officer is about as ardent a supporter of 2A that you'll find - in or out of LE.

He may have "come off as an arrogant prick." That is different than being: 1) corrupt; 2) a thug; 3) anti 2A.

Well, I don't know him personally, so I'll take your word for it.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland

The "officer" is corrupt.

The "officer" is a thug.

The "officer" despises gun owners.

If I'd had that voice recorder before this incident rather than after, the "officer" would now be a "convict."

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I just got an email back from the chief. I'm sure it was a form letter but all it said is all appropriate action will be taken in due process. I encourage you all to bombard him with enough email that he can't leave his desk today.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Whe I was a cop we had a guy that used to harass people all the time. He always got the pats on the back because he got lots of "Bad Guys" off the street. I could hear him calling traffic stop after traffic stop until he would get a drunk driver. He would give lots of "warnings" probably because he knew he had nothing. He always made me sick by the way he treated people. The only thing that ever happened to him was being recognized for his "crime fighting" efforts.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    jpjQn.png

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Whe I was a cop we had a guy that used to harass people all the time. He always got the pats on the back because he got lots of "Bad Guys" off the street. I could hear him calling traffic stop after traffic stop until he would get a drunk driver. He would give lots of "warnings" probably because he knew he had nothing. He always made me sick by the way he treated people. The only thing that ever happened to him was being recognized for his "crime fighting" efforts.
    what kind of bad guys did he catch? those evil criminals with a tail light out or the really dangerous ones that do 57 in a 55? thank god for great officers like that who make the world a safer place.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    But here's the difference, UncleMike. For every bad cop, there must be at least one other cop who knew about it but didn't do anything, or worse, helped him cover it up.

There were two bad cops in that video - one who was acting, the other who was letting it happen.

Then, the department tried to cover it up, which means the bad cops in that department go all the way to the top.

So, I can't be smeared as a white man for the existence of the KKK because I've never done a single act that supported it or looked the other way while it did something illegal.

Not every cop has looked the other way, but over and over they cover for each other's bad behavior, sometimes just not doing anything, at other times outright lying.

When I was a kid in the sixties, I used to hear racial comments all the time. Hearing racist jokes was pretty common among adults I was around. I don't hear that crap very much anymore. The reason for that is that unless the idiot telling the joke KNOWS he's around a bunch of other idiots, he doesn't say that crap because he knows it will have social consequences for him.

When cops know that their fellow cops won't put up with this kind of behavior, it will stop. It continues now because they know that the "good" cops will cover for them.

So you go ahead and make all the points you like and go on the attack every time something like this happens. (Though I do appreciate your condemning it before the thread turned into you defending cops once again.) The rest of us will watch the video and see an officer who has likely done this many times before and who was certainly tolerated by his fellow officers. They're just as much to blame as he.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

So, UncleMike, yes for the record I acknowledge, affirm, and attest: not all cops are bad.

Wow, how relevant to this disgusting pile of fail and his disgusting pile of fail of a cowardly partner.
    Well.......
    Since you've decided to turn this from a discussion about a bad Cop doing stupid things, into a personal attack on me.
    ITPITT.
    Have fun! :)

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    what kind of bad guys did he catch? those evil criminals with a tail light out or the really dangerous ones that do 57 in a 55? thank god for great officers like that who make the world a safer place.

His big thing was catching drunk drivers. If you go out on a Saturday night and set up a road block you will eventually catch a drunk driver. It was almost like he was doing a roaming road block. If a person was driving at 1 am then he was getting pulled over, no question about it. He would follow people all over and then say they seemed like he was nervous. Really? He seemed nervous? He has a had a cop on his tail turn for turn through a neighborhood for the past three minutes. What a punk he was.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Several hundred posts on facebook and not one person coming on and telling us that Harless goes to Sunday school every week, faithfully loves his mother and spends hours upon hours of his own time coaching the little league baseball team.

Even thugs who murder someone can normally get at least one person so say something nice about them.

Top Bottom