• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I love and support LEOs. As I've said before, I can't imagine what it's like to walk up to car windows time after time, not knowing whether you're going to be greeted with a smile or the barrel of a sawed-off shotgun. I think the vast majority of our LEOs are heroes.

But for any LEO to defend the actions we saw on this video - whether the driver technically violated Ohio's "duty to inform" law or not - will produce a rift between law-abiding citizens and LEOs that will take a very long time to heal.

Well put :ingo:

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    What many people are asking for, though (and rightfully so) is a general uprising of LEOs everywhere saying they are just not going to tolerate that in their ranks. Not just a few, and not even just many. This affects the entire LEO community in a highly negative light, and if the entire community won't condemn it, then we are justified in asking why not?

+1

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    I don't agree with the behavior of the officers...but just curious (not being a smart arse) why they should go to prison? I can see Mr. Jarrel's point regarding a possible law suit (not sure how the damages would be quantified). Just wondering what laws were broken that would warrant prison time.

Intimidation using there authority to do so...If thats not a "jailable" offence than what is

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Intimidation using there authority to do so...If thats not a "jailable" offence than what is
    Agreed, if I threaten to execute you(acase) and people hear me(AJG357) say that you bet your ass the police will be there to lock me up quite hastily even though I am innocent until proven guilty. Lock his ass up and then let the courts do their job like with any of us serfs.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Slightly OT here, but since I started the OP I'll give myself permission...:rolleyes:

What is the status of cruiser cams? Can cops dump them at will... are they locked up until downloaded at the station?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Cool. Just what everyone needed. I happen to agree with the cop...about how idiots don't deserve to be out in public. He's the idiot I want locked away from the public though. What a dangerous lunatic. I hope his heart explodes soon, if he has one.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I love and support LEOs. As I've said before, I can't imagine what it's like to walk up to car windows time after time, not knowing whether you're going to be greeted with a smile or the barrel of a sawed-off shotgun.

Neither do cab drivers, who are murdered at twice the rate of cops, but they can get fired for turning away rides they think look suspicious.

A dangerous job doesn't justify anything other than behaving with caution. (Not saying you're suggesting otherwise, just making a point.)

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    As timid as the driver was, I think it is great that he won't be getting pushed around by the Canton PD and their lawyers. Game, set, match for the driver.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I've had members of both sides (both cop-bashers AND cops) physically threaten both me and members of my family because I wasn't 100% on their side,

I hope all such people are no longer on this board. That would simply be unacceptable behavior IMO. Heck, they should probably be reported to their ISP. That used to violate most TOS that I have seen.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Abusing power and being overly aggressive is subjective.

Threatening with a deadly weapon, after an encounter is over is an entirely different matter. If the officer doesn't lose his job, they should keep him off the streets and make him a dispatcher or something. He doesn't have the patience or self control to handle the job, and he's obviously become mentally unstable as a result.

From the video, you can even get a sense that the second officer is becoming scared of the first officer.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hope all such people are no longer on this board. That would simply be unacceptable behavior IMO. Heck, they should probably be reported to their ISP. That used to violate most TOS that I have seen.

We've had a lot of people come to INGO who haven't figured out how to behave like adults yet. I've put up with a LOT of garbage, in my tenure as a mod, from people who don't like being asked to behave like a grownup. I don't put up with threats.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    We've had a lot of people come to INGO who haven't figured out how to behave like adults yet. I've put up with a LOT of garbage, in my tenure as a mod, from people who don't like being asked to behave. I don't put up with threats.

Well, you better start putting up with them, mister. Don't make me come down there.

Figured I'd better put that in purple, just in case.

Don't ban me, bro!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have worked VERY hard to stay as neutral as I can in the pro/anti-cop fights on INGO because I have a responsibility as a moderator here. I've taken an unbelievable amount of grief as a result, as I am right now from the three people quoted above (as gentle and as polite as they're being). I've had members of both sides (both cop-bashers AND cops) physically threaten both me and members of my family because I wasn't 100% on their side, or because I didn't spank the other side in the way they felt I should. I think I'm MORE than entitled to a little leeway in stating my opinion and I'll not apologize for it.

You mistook the meaning of my post. I was pointing out that your view is exactly the view that gives some people the negative label. It's refreshing to see that someone who hasn't been given that label has the same view.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, you better start putting up with them, mister. Don't make me come down there.

Figured I'd better put that in purple, just in case.

Don't ban me, bro!

Dude, that's not even in the same galaxy as some of the nastiness I've received. :):

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What is the status of cruiser cams? Can cops dump them at will... are they locked up until downloaded at the station?

Typical lawyer answer: it depends. ;)

Many of the older systems were VHS video tapes that could, somehow, someway, end up degaussed... err erased... err with some malfunction that rendered the video unusable.

The newest ones are digital, have cameras out the windshield and in the backseat, are like a DVR, in that they are always recording and when the lights come on, it starts saving the last 30 seconds (or some other duration) prior to that, and they are uploaded wirelessly at hot spots around town. In these situations, the officer has very little control. (They can turn on/off the camera and mic at times, though.) Pretty slick stuff.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Holy crap. My God, they better can that cop and charge his ass if all this is true. Very sad. Its jerks like that which ruin it for the good cops out there trying to do their job and be respectful.

Top Bottom