• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I don't know about you, but I'm ready to book a trip to Canton!

CCVB.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I realize that I'm heavily involved in this thread and I usually avoid doing any modding in those cases, but I need to stop for a second and put on my mod hat:

THREATS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST OFFICERS (or ANYONE, for that matter) WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE TOLERATED ON INGO. Posts have already been removed and further occurrences will result in bannings. If you have posted such prior to this warning or if you see one posted prior to this warning that may have been missed, please use the Report Post icon so that it can be removed.

We now return you to your Outrage. :ingo:

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I think he would make a much better mall ninja than a cop. At least that way, the only people he can freak out on are the teenagers loitering at the orange julius. ;)

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Ok so I have read all your posts defending the actions of the officers

Before I go, let me ask for a bit more maturity, sidearmed. In no way have I defended the actions of the officers. Far from it. We may be approaching this discussion from two very different educational backgrounds but it doesn't mean we can't both discuss the topic cordially and without creating falsehoods. I'm sure you agree. Let's both try really hard to make it so. I'm sure all who visit the forum will thank us for it.

:yesway:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The best thing about a thread like this is that you quickly find out who is who! :ingo:

I'm going to leave it to the rest of you experts to figure out. Thanks for the lively discussion.

You're welcome?

Personally, the guy had ample opportunity to inform. It was a stop considering no one could put themselves in that situation and say they didn't think they were being detained.

Guilty? Wouldn't that be up to a jury to decide. Jury nullification would be great for this case.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I realize that I'm heavily involved in this thread and I usually avoid doing any modding in those cases, but I need to stop for a second and put on my mod hat:

THREATS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST OFFICERS (or ANYONE, for that matter) WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE TOLERATED ON INGO. Posts have already been removed and further occurrences will result in bannings. If you have posted such prior to this warning or if you see one posted prior to this warning that may have been missed, please use the Report Post icon so that it can be removed.

We now return you to your Outrage. :ingo:

Do you realize that some of your statements are in line with a lot of people that have earned the "cop basher" label?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The best thing about a thread like this is that you quickly find out who is who! :ingo:

I'm going to leave it to the rest of you experts to figure out. Thanks for the lively discussion.

I thought you said..."it's easy to be anyone you want to be on the Internet."

Now you're claiming special powers that allow you to avoid what the rest of us mere mortals must put up with?

And you never did answer my post about the police officer factually throwing someone into the street and then arresting them for obstructing traffic. C'mon... you asked multiple people if they agreed with your posts.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    After watching the LEO's tirade, I got the impression he was mad at himself and his partner for conducting such a poorly-executed stop & search. He was taking it out on the softest target. As has been pointed out, if the driver were going to get violent, he had ample time to do it.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Before I go, let me ask for a bit more maturity, sidearmed. In no way have I defended the actions of the officers. Far from it. We may be approaching this discussion from two very different educational backgrounds but it doesn't mean we can't both discuss the topic cordially and without creating falsehoods. I'm sure you agree. Let's both try really hard to make it so. I'm sure all who visit the forum will thank us for it.

:yesway:

Agreed. Other than your sly attempt at slighting my educational background, your ruse did not go unnoticed.

It does seem that you are unwilling to admit that perhaps you were wrong about the driver attempting to notify the second officer as he was in the backseat of the vehicle though. As is evident in your bowing out of the thread "Promptly" after it was shown that at exactly 3 minutes and 25 seconds into the video that the officer clearly looks up at and raises his flashlight toward the driver.

There is nothing wrong with being wrong. It's how you handle yourself after the fact that shows charactor.

Edit: And you cut the part of my post out where I asked if you could define, given your extensive legal background, "Promptly".

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    After watching the LEO's tirade, I got the impression he was mad at himself and his partner for conducting such a poorly-executed stop & search. He was taking it out on the softest target. As has been pointed out, if the driver were going to get violent, he had ample time to do it.

I did not get that impression at all. I got the impressing that he was a power-mad jack wagon.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Do you realize that some of your statements are in line with a lot of people that have earned the "cop basher" label?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I agree with nearly everything Scutter has said in this thread... but it seems to me I've seen the "basher" label thrown around for similar statements referring to "closing ranks".

It certainly speaks to how combustible these issues are becoming.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Citation?

;)

Sorry; didn't see this post until just now.

It's in Ohio's Code at 2923.126: "If a licensee is the driver or an occupant of a motor vehicle that is stopped as the result of a traffic stop or a stop for another law enforcement purpose....

A reasonable person needs but to watch the video to conclude that a law enforcement purpose existed. Indeed, the driver was ultimately charged with a crime. This one is easy but I did usually get paid a bit more per hour for such research..... :):

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A minor observation - they detain the guy talking to the (alleged) pro at the side of the car, I think they even cuff him. But, when driver gets the attention, they take him to the back of the squad car - out of view of the camera. Why the difference?

Well, to my ears, it almost sounds like slapping or something when they are back there. That is speculation, and the audio is typically imperfect with these vids. But, it certainly seems like the officer was capable of some off-camera physicality....

Top Bottom