• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Bottom line, the cop should be in JAIL, NOW. That fact that he ISN'T is PROOF that the Canton PD thinks they are above the LAW.

Any normal person would be put in jail for what that piece of **** did.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    These types of responses, while perhaps understandable, are just as irritating as the conduct of this loser LEO. The place to right this type of wrong is in a courtroom. By-standers witnessing this episode would have no right or reason to intervene and would surely deserve prosecution for doing so.

This situation could have VERY EASILY escalated to murder, and this was even mentioned by the officer. I viewed that cop as borderline out-of-control. For you to say that someone who witnessed such an obvious miscarriage of justice happening and possibly attempting to intervene "would surely deserve prosecution for doing so" helps to clarify the rift between many of us "common citizens" and many of you in the "justice business". Prosecution for what, I ask? What good does a courtroom setting do the victim and his family if he is dead at the hands of an aggressor acting illegally who could have been stopped by a "by-stander"? What if a cop, in uniform, is molesting your daughter or wife, do we just not intervene and let the courts handle it? Just curious ......

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Also, when in the court room, "to right this wrong", the city tried to extort an agreement not to sue from the victim (I will not use "defendant" here). If he didn't have a competent attorney, we may not be hearing about this at all. What scares me is that there may be other instances that we never do hear about........and I've NEVER said anything like that before about the LEO community. I have been a very strong supporter of them and try to give them every benefit of the doubt possible. In this case, there is none.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    there sure seemed to be a surprising amount of support for Officer ****stain's actions over there.

I wish I could say I was surprised.

I read through 5 or 6 pages. I was really surprised as well how many LEO's were in support. Then I came across almost as many that were disgusted. The biggest issue I saw with that forum was that if you were not an LEO, pretty much anything you said could get you banned. Also, some of the LEO's on that particular thread had no concern for your comments as a civilian. Kinda sad, really. I support law enforcement with the difficult jobs they perform and do not believe that a few bad apples rotten the whole lot. This is not LEO bashing, just a little disappointed in the response from them on this radical situation in OH.

Officer Mean Dude certainly does need serious therapy provided through the bars of his cell...:twocents:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I don't know how to reveal my innermost feelings about the situation, so I'll say this.

I was really hoping for a self-inflicted negligent discharge while Officer Friendly was handling the CCWers weapon.

I don't know what the laws in Ohio are like, aside from notifying an officer you're carrying, but they should throw everything they can at the two officers -- civil and criminal.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I read through 5 or 6 pages. I was really surprised as well how many LEO's were in support. Then I came across almost as many that were disgusted. The biggest issue I saw with that forum was that if you were not an LEO, pretty much anything you said could get you banned. Also, some of the LEO's on that particular thread had no concern for your comments as a civilian. Kinda sad, really. I support law enforcement with the difficult jobs they perform and do not believe that a few bad apples rotten the whole lot. This is not LEO bashing, just a little disappointed in the response from them on this radical situation in OH.

Officer Mean Dude certainly does need serious therapy provided through the bars of his cell...:twocents:

I'll say this: the actions of LEOs (there at their forum, and in the video) are to blame for any fear/misgivings we free men have against them.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'll say this: the actions of LEOs (there at their forum, and in the video) are to blame for any fear/misgivings we free men have against them.
    Just remember.
    The people posting on that Forum are no more speaking for every LEO than you are able to speak for every gun owner here.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Let me do one stupid thing with my gun concerning violating some laws and watch how fast everyone would jump on me about giving the gun community a black eye

There were a few defending, or refusing to condemn, at least, in the dumbass 'I carried in ohio' thread, if memory serves...

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Just remember.
    The people posting on that Forum are no more speaking for every LEO than you are able to speak for every gun owner here.

True enough, but should they really turn a blind eye to something so amazingly evident. I may be wrong, but I can't really see the members of this forum acting in such a manner. Maybe I haven't been here long enough to notice it. +1 for valid point.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I didn't read every post so I apologize if I repeat someone else's comments but here are mine:
    .I was disgusted and my heart was pounding thru the whole video.
    .Bad Cop screwed up by not checking the driver immediately and took out his embarassment on the victim.
    .This is most likely not the cop's first tirade or loss of control. How many people has he abused or physically manhandled? How many times have his partners seen his loss of control and did or said nothing?
    .He knows he is basically above the law.
    .His partner is the subservient one and is afraid to say anything.
    .This "cop" should have been arrested and jailed.
    .When he is convicted he should get some hard time.
    .After he gets out of prison he can hide out with Casey Anthony because somebody may run into him in a bar some night and let it all out.
    .I've lent body support to a cop trying to make an arrest of a guy who was resisting arrest. I won't do that again. Who is really the bad guy in any particular situation?
    .I'm seriously afraid that if that had been me being abused I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut after many minutes of verbal abuse and threats. The result would have been me being physically injured or brought up on really serious charges.
    .I'm going to stay on this story because it goes to the heart of abuse of power by those in authority.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    quick note

The YouTube vid went from 4500 views at 3pm to 26K as of right now. Should I be surprised that I've yet to see this on national media such as CNN or Fox News? Maybe it was up and I just missed it.

Last edited:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    this is not the first time a cop has made public comments like that. his attitude has been showing up alot with many other leo. they want us to trust them and be thier friends but someone like that is not to be trusted or a friend.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    this is not the first time a cop has made public comments like that. his attitude has been showing up alot with many other leo. they want us to trust them and be thier friends but someone like that is not to be trusted or a friend.
    And they wants us to trust them unquestionably while their very job forces them to distrust people as a whole that they deal with on a daily basis

Top Bottom