• ...and so much more!
  • Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Bad shot.

This guy actually stopped and waited for the cops at the stop sign. They weren't running from the cops in my opinion. The bikers may have seen the lights or maybe they didn't. This guy didn't just pull over, he was stopped at the stop sign. The angles of the bike & police car make me think this guy turned right because it would be a lot easier looking right than to twist around to the left. If he had left his hands on the grips, the cop may have taken him as a flight risk. By this guy's frame, I'd say he was putting his hand on his hip to help him turn and look behind him. As for the other guy who hopped the curb, my guess is his adrenaline was going from accelerating and freaked out when he saw the other cop. His snap decision kept him from tipping his bike, but probably didn't look good in the cop's perspective. The following cop saw the possible flight and figured if someone is going to run then they must be dangerous.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I am usually the one to give the officer the benefit of the doubt, but I can't see where the guy's actions could be mistaken for pulling a weapon.

However, that being said, when you get pulled over, put your hands on the wheel or where the officer can see them at all times until instructed otherwise.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Just my opinion, but to me it is obvious that they were just dealing with a couple of yo-yo's goofing around with their bikes. This guy should not be a cop, way to trigger happy or maybe scared of the job.

Is it murder? No. Maybe manslaughter.

It's murder when a cop does it. Cops are held to a higher standard. They aren't supposed to roam the streets, being masters of the quick draw, shooting when a muscle flinches.

Cops are only supposed to draw and/or fire when an actual attack is underway.

If you were in a hostile situation, you could be punished less for being wrong. You're not trained to be right, all the time. We've got a zero tolerance policy for bad shoots. This is a murder.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Here's the thing, you ASSUME he's going to continue turning right. I would not assume that. For all practical purposes there is no reason for the biker to be turning right, NONE. His first and foremost movement should be turning left to dismount or if anything to make better eye contact and making sure he keep his hands on the bars because there was no way he was going to correctly see the officer by going right.

Your first body movement goes a long way and his pivoting to the right with the shoulder/arm movement looks exactly like a precursor to drawing a weapon in my opinion, all while trying keep it somewhat hidden from the officers view which looks to be around the bikers 8 o'clock area.

Sure the officer MIGHT have shown some more restraint, but you know what, there has been times that LEO's and even our fellow service men over sea's are dead because a "little" extra restraint was shown. Even you yourself must admit that.

the fact that the guy pivoted right tells me that he was probly right handed and that was his strong side. which means he was probly going for his wallet. and also its a natural reaction to turn to your stron side to look behind you. the cop failed to properly analize the guys body language and movements and sadly it cost a citizens dearly. and also the officer should lose freedom over it.

if your a police officer with the authorization to use deadly force dont you owe it to yourself but most importantly the citizens you serve and are suposed to protect, to make sure YOU take charge of your training and train constantly? sorry if you want a huge family life where you log out and then your job stops and you dont need to train "off duty", then being a cop is probly the wrong field for you. dont ever shoot because of a percieved threat!! even if your a citizen, you must see the threat (a gun) to engage!!

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    If the kid had put his hands out or up....wouldn't he have lost balance on the bike?

You balance the bike with your feet. not your hands.

Bad shoot in my opinion.

r.o.b.o.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    terrible decision by the officer. way too trigger happy. If the officer is scared of the dark and shoots anything that moves maybe he should would days or not be a cop.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    terrible decision by the officer. way too trigger happy. If the officer is scared of the dark and shoots anything that moves maybe he should would days or not be a cop.

By all that's right, the officer should never have to be bothered with an employment decision for the rest of his life.

How will Justice be done here?

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    it looks to me like a whole lot of bad choices were made. the riders for taking off so fast. Believe me, at night a car comes up behind, I check my mirrors to see where they are during that check I can tell if it's LEO or not. So, these two were more than likely trying to play games with the cop.

The cop, he should have stayed either in or next to his car for cover, just in case, and given directions from there.

This is a very good example of a loose loose all around. Sorry for the guy that's paralyzed and sorry for the cop for reacting before assessing.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Thanks for the nep rep Samot. :D Good times! Listen, all I was trying to convey was this. The two kids were behaving recklessly. They put themselves into that situation, and he is unfortunately now reaping the consequences of his actions. He chose to behave like a jackass at night, and when pulled over did not comply with the officer's orders. Keep in mind that his friend was EVADING. That would cause big questions in my mind right then and there---why did his friend run? Why isn't he putting his hands up? Why is his right hand moving at his waist line? Review it closely. If it appears clear that he is making a movement from straight behind that could be construed as drawing a firearm, then how would it look from the side? It doesn't matter if he could get off an "accurate shot". Keep in mind that there was an officer in front of him as well. I will concede that perhaps the officer was a bit quick on the trigger, but he reacted as I would expect any officer to when confronted with the situation. I understand my stance is not popular on this issue, but I stand by it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    understand my stance is not popular on this issue, but I stand by it.

while i dont agree with you on this issue, i respect you for standing behind what you believe! Its exactly what we need in this country .... people saying what they believe even if its not the popular thing to say. too many people follow like blind sheep, because a guy has better theme music, or their friends are doing it ..... example: OBAMA!!!

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    There is no justification in this. There is NO CASE you can make for this, chop it, screw it, whatever you do, there is no excuse for the LEO, he messed up (UNDERSTATEMENT)

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I just watched the video a few times and it is my opinion this was a bad shoot. He should have let the situation settle while he was in cover before shooting that poor guy... I don't claim to understand the stress of the job, but that guys life is ruined because that cop couldn't keep his finger off the trigger.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Thanks for the nep rep Samot. :D Good times! Listen, all I was trying to convey was this. The two kids were behaving recklessly. They put themselves into that situation, and he is unfortunately now reaping the consequences of his actions. He chose to behave like a jackass at night, and when pulled over did not comply with the officer's orders. Keep in mind that his friend was EVADING. That would cause big questions in my mind right then and there---why did his friend run? Why isn't he putting his hands up? Why is his right hand moving at his waist line? Review it closely. If it appears clear that he is making a movement from straight behind that could be construed as drawing a firearm, then how would it look from the side? It doesn't matter if he could get off an "accurate shot". Keep in mind that there was an officer in front of him as well. I will concede that perhaps the officer was a bit quick on the trigger, but he reacted as I would expect any officer to when confronted with the situation. I understand my stance is not popular on this issue, but I stand by it.
    No Problem :D
    Did ya ever think he was reaching for something....... Maybe his wallet !!!
    Thats what i do when i get pulled over:twocents:
    also his friend wasnt "EVADING" it looks to me as if he doesnt know how to ride a bike for **** & couldnt get it shut down, hence the reason he went over the curb instead of around it !!!!!!!!!!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Why would two young men riding Harleys pull a gun and shoot an officer for a traffic stop? It's likely they wanted to go riding the next day and the next day and the next day, as riding Harleys is a way of life for Harley owners. If the guy was on a scooter, then I could see a little more caution. We all know that no upstanding citizen rides a scooter. Not to mention the video camera is shooting at a completely different angle than where the office is standing. The officer is a good 4 feet to the left of the dash cam. That in itself portrays the officer did not have a good view of the situation, never minding the dark as an influence to the situation too. Plus he shot him in the back.

I'd say the cop is toast.

Top Bottom