• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Thanks and yes way better. I find mine runs best with those or saiga mags. I personally like the looks of saiga mags better, but they're $100.00 each.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    What does the button on the back of the folding stock do? Sorry if it's already been answered.

It squirts borscht out of the buttstock. I kid, I actually was wondering that myself. Fex Ex tracking has mine in Maryland as of Saturday so I am hopeful for a Tuesday or Wednesday pick-up.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    I believe it's another retention device for the dust cover. You have to push the button down, then the recoil spring forward to release the cover. Not sure why they felt that was necessary. :n00b:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I don't think it has anything to do with the dust cover. Here is a pic.

You can see the button just under the cheek pad. Now clue what it is but I will find out tomorrow, mine is out on the truck for delivery!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Picked it up a short while ago. First impressions are similar fit and finish to the original fixed stock versions. The tack weld is a tiny little temporary thing that, with proper 922r parts, will be gone shortly. I have a very short length of pull so the cheek piece is almost useless and the left side safety does not seem to be fully engaged with the main safety lever. not a big deal as being a lefty, the left side, designed to be engaged by a RH shooter's thumb, isn't a priority. I will look into it later. But overall I can not wait to blast away with this beast.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Picked up my VEPR 12 today and I'm very happy it. The rail on the dust cover was straight, and overall fit / finish is excellent. I haven't messed with the spot weld on the stock, but it's very minimal and looks like it will be easy to break open. I've become a bit of an AK purist, so it's exciting to see these imported with the full MOLOT kit (folding stock, grip, rpk forearm, etc....). Still like my Saiga 12, but some of the upgrades such as the bho, safety, and leaf sight are really nice. A little torn on what to do about mags. I've bought Surefire mags in the past for my Saiga 308 conversion. Although they worked fine, the build quality is not on par with that of Izhmash or Molot. Might pick up the 5 pack of factory 8 rounders that Shooter linked from Legion, and cross my fingers that AGP makes a batch for the VEPR. Hopefully with this recent price drop, enough will be bought to garnish a bunch of aftermarket support much like the Saiga 12 received.

Top Bottom