• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    "We will be offering extra Russian $40.00 and US SGM Vepr 10 round mags $39.00 and 12 round mags $40.00 these will be for sale once the shotguns arrive."

Any comments on the quality of the two types of magazines Atlantic will offer?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'm sure atlantic and the others are offering 5rd Vepr Mags and the quality is superb. 5 rounds isn't much though. Many people would buy saiga 12rd mags and cut them down to 8's or 10's to make them more maneuverable and give less of the "ak on steroids" look (which really is pretty cool). As long as it functions the LRBHO i don't think you can go wrong with either.

Like i said earlier i purchased *A 030 magazine as they are russian, hold 8 rounds, and were just brought to the states. From legion they are $90.00 shipped. Before legion imported them, you could order them from the UK for 181.00 + shipping at the cheapest. I do look forward to SGM's offerings and will probably buy 6 more of their mags as long as they actuate the LRBHO. I also plan on buying a Vepr 8rder if i can find one on the cheap (relative terms)

some molle mag pouch options.

I have some of the older coyote tactical ones and they're great.

saigamagpouch006.jpg

saiga_pouches2_sm.jpg

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    You can also order more vepr mags for $40.00...which is about 140.00 less than what you could buy them for last year.

I'm sure atlantic and the others are offering 5rd Vepr Mags and the quality is superb. 5 rounds isn't much though. Many people would buy saiga 12rd mags and cut them down to 8's or 10's to make them more maneuverable and give less of the "ak on steroids" look (which really is pretty cool). As long as it functions the LRBHO i don't think you can go wrong with either.

Like i said earlier i purchased *A 030 magazine as they are russian, hold 8 rounds, and were just brought to the states. From legion they are $90.00 shipped. Before legion imported them, you could order them from the UK for 181.00 + shipping at the cheapest. I do look forward to SGM's offerings and will probably buy 6 more of their mags as long as they actuate the LRBHO. I also plan on buying a Vepr 8rder if i can find one on the cheap (relative terms)

Where did I miss something? Mags doubled in price before these even hit the shores? Legion is the only one making these mags?

Someone straighten me out.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Sorry about that.

When i posted there was confusion as to the round count of the magazines. The companies thought they'd be receiving 8rders when they were only five rounders. No one had seen 5rders for a magwell set up here or overseas. They ended up being 5 rd magwell mags so the price is a little more fitting.

The 8rders for 030's did drop by 90$, so that's nice. I should go back an edit

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Hey turn and shoot, can you tell me what page i posted "$40.00"? I'd like to edit it so i don't mislead anyone.

High five clay.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    "We will be offering extra Russian $40.00 and US SGM Vepr 10 round mags $39.00 and 12 round mags $40.00 these will be for sale once the shotguns arrive."

Any comments on the quality of the two types of magazines Atlantic will offer?

Atlantic has edited the above now to clarify the Russian $40 mags are 5 round.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Sorry about that.

When i posted there was confusion as to the round count of the magazines. The companies thought they'd be receiving 8rders when they were only five rounders. No one had seen 5rders for a magwell set up here or overseas. They ended up being 5 rd magwell mags so the price is a little more fitting.

The 8rders for 030's did drop by 90$, so that's nice. I should go back an edit

I believe page 1.

Anyone know if atlantic will honor their extra mag deal?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I just deleted the line. Thank you, and i'm sorry to mislead.

As a side note i got to see how 5rders are made...they take an 8rder and cut 3 rounds off...blaspheme.

Your Vepr from Atlantic will ship with a 5rd magazine and a 10rd surefire magazine, so you still get an extra magazine.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The surefire has no LRBHO?

Is this the same surefire as the flashlight people?

Surefire didn't put the LRBHO activating follower in their 030 magazine they made that came out last month. On their FB page it says they will have a follower that actuates the LRBHO for their VEPR 12 line.

I believe they are coming with an SGM Magazine, not Surefire

Magazines : EcomPro, Ecommerce with Automation

These guys

S.G.M. tactical = S.urefire G.un M.ags They are NOT the flashlight folks. People referred to their magazines as "surefire's" for the longest time. I assume SUREFIRE flashlights sent them a letter or something. Their mags are GTG though. I've used them for years for my saiga 12's.

Last edited:

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Yes shotguns are on the way to our warehouse , we are not taking anymore orders untill all pre orders have shipped and all orders filled .We will have the shotguns in stock Fri or Monday & it will take a day to log all of the guns into our system and expect to start shipping on Tues or Wed .All customers will be emailed Fedex tracking info once the order is on the delivery truck we will be listing Vepr 12 --5 ,8 ,10 & 12 round mags on the web site on Thurs .Please Note ::: We ordered in a good number of each mag but are not sure what mags will be the most popular so we may could be sold out of some units in a few days we do expect a good availibilty of more mags coming in over the next few weeks so if you see sold out simply sign up for the Notificaiton list it will only be a few days before we see more .
    atlantic firearms.. said this on the 17th. (yesterday)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    BTW atlantic has 030 8rd magwell mags for $98.00, Surefire 12s for $42.00, and Surefire 10s for $39.00. Extra Vepr 5's are $40.00. If you order them before the 20th they'll ship with your gun, so no extra $ for shipping.

Atlantic says they were told SGMs will work with the LRBHO but haven't tested any yet. This statement was also confirmed by SGM at 4:04 today that they do actuate the LRBHO. High five to Surfire Gun Mags.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Surefire 10s are already sold out, ordered an extra 5 round and a few 12s. If the Atlantic timeline above works out, I should get mine on by birthday. Yay me.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If you want to make 10's or 8's out of your 12's you can use a chop saw or dremel or whatever. Just cut below the ribs to the size that you want then sand the bottom flush. You can then slip the floorplate over the ribs and voila! You can also make stupid long mags by taking 2 twelves, cutting the top off at the first set of ribs. You then remove the floorplate and mate the ribs together to have a super silly mag.

737207.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'm not sure. I would just leave it as is and see if it still feeds. If not, i'd cut a few loops out, or buy a different spring from surefire. BTW i don't know if they're still like this, but the 12 rd mags tend to hold 13.

Top Bottom