• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Well, people who do not believe in government are called anarchists and they fall on the Left of the political spectrum.

"Another neighbor, Brandon Monroe, said the man who lived in the apartment often talked about conspiracy theories and often dressed in camouflage or as Peter Pan to work as a street performer."

Patriot movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The patriot movement is a collection of various conservative, independent, largely rural, small-government,[SUP][1][/SUP] social movements in the United States that include organized militia members, tax protesters, sovereign or state citizens, quasi-Christian apocalypticists, or combinations thereof.[SUP][2][/SUP] Adherents describe the movement as centered on a belief that individual liberties are in jeopardy due to unconstitutional actions taken by elected government officials, appointed bureaucrats, and some special interest groups outside of government, to illegally accumulate power.[SUP][3][/SUP] Journalists and researchers have associated the patriot movement with the right-wing militia movement[SUP][4][/SUP] and some in the movement with illegal acts of violence.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP]
    Major events in America which alarm or inspire the Patriot Movement include the 1993 Waco siege, 1996 Summer Olympics, and the 1992 Ruby Ridge siege. After declining from 1996 to 2008, the number of patriot groups has increased dramatically following the election of Barack Obama to the presidency.[SUP][7][/SUP] Other factors leading to the increase in groups include the rise of social media, the rise of globalism, and increasing ethnic diversity in the United States.[SUP][8][/SUP] The movement's iconography centers on themes relating to theAmerican Revolution, such as the colonial Minuteman, the 13-star "Old Glory" flag, Uncle Sam, and the painting titled "The Spirit of '76".

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Wow, just wow. I don't even know where to begin.
    Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of the two LEOs and the CCW individual at the Wal-Mart.
    There is a special place in hell for those two cowards.
    For the rest of us: Wally World is a maze, as is any large store. Don't get tunnel vision, if you have an outer wall at your back you only have 180 degrees to worry about. Otherwise its 360 with a lot of blind-spots.
    Situational awareness is everything.
    Odds are against ever being in a gun fight. The odds were the same for Mr. Wilcox.

I'd argue for most people, their vision in that scenario is more like 60 degrees at best. Tunnel vision sucks and until you experience it a few times, even with training, it's hard to prepare for the first time you find yourself in an intense situation like that.

In any case, it's hard to fault the Mr Wilcox for not realizing a female "shopper" pushing a cart was also a immediate threat.

I can't imagine a situation where anyone else confronting the "guy waving the gun and yelling" would have fared any better. It would seem when Joseph Wilcox confronted the murderer, Wilcox didn't realize it was ALREADY an active murderer situation. He probably thought he was preempting one. I would guess had Mr Wilcox realized the murderer(s) had just ambushed two cops, he would have been shooting, not trying to talk the "guy yelling and waving a gun" down.

Tragic series of events. My heart goes out for the friends and families.

The tragedy is far from over, the left will use their 'conservative' leanings to demonize and paint with a very broad brush. They will ignore the fact the last dozen pr so active murderers were all democrats and only focus in on things like "Gadsden Flag"....

:(

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd argue for most people, their vision in that scenario is more like 60 degrees at best. Tunnel vision sucks and until you experience it a few times, even with training, it's hard to prepare for the first time you find yourself in an intense situation like that.

In any case, it's hard to fault the Mr Wilcox for not realizing a female "shopper" pushing a cart was also a immediate threat.

I can't imagine a situation where anyone else confronting the "guy waving the gun and yelling" would have fared any better. It would seem when Joseph Wilcox confronted the murderer, Wilcox didn't realize it was ALREADY an active murderer situation. He probably thought he was preempting one. I would guess had Mr Wilcox realized the murderer(s) had just ambushed two cops, he would have been shooting, not trying to talk the "guy yelling and waving a gun" down.

Tragic series of events. My heart goes out for the friends and families.

The tragedy is far from over, the left will use their 'conservative' leanings to demonize and paint with a very broad brush. They will ignore the fact the last dozen pr so active murderers were all democrats and only focus in on things like "Gadsden Flag"....

:(

I'd like to believe I would have don't better, but I think that had I chosen to act, I probably would have missed the accomplice as well. It would be very tough to deal with being surprised by something like that compounded by being ambushed by an accomplice once you've identified an unexpected threat.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    LOL, check out some of the comments from the WISH TV story. Looks like INGO has a reputation for the nut jobs...imagine that!:rolleyes:

Here's the link, as previously posted in this thread:
    Police: Las Vegas suspected shooters from Lafayette | WISH-TV

"You should check out the Las Vegas news outlets, they have published the manifesto of these nutcases. It is eerily similar to things that I see every day on internet gun forums, some of it is word for word exactly the same. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a connection is found between these loons and the Indiana Gun Owner's forum."

"Many white supremacy nutcases are also rabidly anti-government and hate police. Plus, recent reports state that these gun-slurping nutjobs covered the dead police officers with Gadsden flags. You know, the yellow ones with the "Don't Tread On Me" snakes that doughboy gun-forum "patriots" like to wave around.

Seeing as they were from Lafayette, I do have to wonder what their screen names were on the Indiana Gun Owners internet forum."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LOL, check out some of the comments from the WISH TV story. Looks like INGO has a reputation for the nut jobs...imagine that!:rolleyes:

"You should check out the Las Vegas news outlets, they have published the manifesto of these nutcases. It is eerily similar to things that I see every day on internet gun forums, some of it is word for word exactly the same. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a connection is found between these loons and the Indiana Gun Owner's forum."

"Many white supremacy nutcases are also rabidly anti-government and hate police. Plus, recent reports state that these gun-slurping nutjobs covered the dead police officers with Gadsden flags. You know, the yellow ones with the "Don't Tread On Me" snakes that doughboy gun-forum "patriots" like to wave around.

Seeing as they were from Lafayette, I do have to wonder what their screen names were on the Indiana Gun Owners internet forum."

Thats just freaking perfect.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

I can think of a few here... Some have been banned, some are still active.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Thats just freaking perfect.

That makes me laugh and pissed off at the same time..

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We have had a few posters that gave me the feeling they wouldn't have been sad about the two officers being shot.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Uh....I think there's still quite a few on here.

I guess that depends on where you draw the line between anti-police state, and anti-police. Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part but I would hope that even the most vocal anti-police voices here don't actually want anything to do with murdering police, or that it would even be okay with them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I bet that comment was made by a member here. I'd bet money on it.
    Just because someone is a member of the same "club" or likes the same toys doesn't mean they are your friend or share the same rational way of thinking. There's gun rights haters here and there's nut jobs I've seen here. You can't stop that. People make their own choices and to "damn" ingo as a whole for the actions or opinions of some is just ignorance.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I guess that depends on where you draw the line between anti-police state, and anti-police. Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part but I would hope that even the most vocal anti-police voices here don't actually want anything to do with murdering police, or that it would even be okay with them.
    One would hope. Most of the posters that are extreme are nowhere to be found at the social events and shoots. That gives me hope. I have met MANY ingo'ers and I think overall we are a fine group of people who are very diversified but in the end love our country and do respect law enforcement. Remember that we don't always have to agree with or like every policy or procedure, but that DOES NOT make a person anti police!
    also INGO is about guns and knives and information. The organization itself is not political.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I hope so as well. There are several that exist only to bash LEO. You rarely see them post in actual conversations about firearms if ever. Makes me :scratch: my head.

Top Bottom