• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    One of the most ironic things about this is this - They act as though they are big 2A supporters and that the police are trampling their rights. So to remedy this injustice they take their gun (probably illegal) into a restaurant and execute two unsuspecting police officers eating lunch and then run to Walmart. At Walmart a GOOD citizen is CC'ing a gun that then tries to stop these two "2A supporters" but unfortunately is shot by one of these "2A patriots".

There are ways to be a patriot and there are ways to be an idiot. These two seemed to have seen themselves as patriots but proved themselves to be idiots.

Some of the ways to be a patriot include but are not limited to-
    1. Don't be a criminal
    2. Don't execute innocent people
    3. Rather than dressing like the Joker in your free time, get politically involved and try to bring about meaningful change - but if you can do that go back and just do #1 and #2

God bless the families and friends of the two slain officers and the man that tried to stop them at Walmart.

1) The founding father's probably would have been drawn and quartered had the revolution failed
    2) Define innocent. If you are in a revolution, everyone who is not with you could be considered an enemy. Look at the loyalists for example.
    3) preferred dress is invalid without timestamps on images ;)

I'm sure many will disagree, but in anyone's mind trying to stir up a revolution, they typically will ignore the law of the land and do what they feel needs to be done. It's really sad that these people chose to skip the petitioning process and go straight to shooting.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    1) The founding father's probably would have been drawn and quartered had the revolution failed
    2) Define innocent. If you are in a revolution, everyone who is not with you could be considered an enemy. Look at the loyalists for example.
    3) preferred dress is invalid without timestamps on images ;)

I'm sure many will disagree, but in anyone's mind trying to stir up a revolution, they typically will ignore the law of the land and do what they feel needs to be done. It's really sad that these people chose to skip the petitioning process and go straight to shooting.

1. Please look at the criminal record of this guy. Then please do not compare any of the founding fathers to this guy.
    2. Innocent - The guy in Walmart who witnessed this guy fire a shot and tell everyone to get out. I believe anyone here who carries a gun for their protection and the protection of others would feel that they needed to do something. This CC'er didn't know that the idiot had started himself a revolution a few minutes ago.
    3. Go to the wifes facebook and look at her April 27th post of a picture. Then go down to the last comment she makes about it and you will see the brain trust that we are dealing with. A little more than a month later these two "Jokers" will kill two police officers eating pizza and a guy shopping at Walmart.

ETA - In one of this idiots pictures he likes to wear a hat that says "TOOL".... I 100% agree with his hats assessment of the man wearing it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Also, the Founding Fathers didn't commence with the shooting until they'd already been fired upon in two previous encounters by the regulars. This knowledge courtesy of Appleseed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Also, the Founding Fathers didn't commence with the shooting until they'd already been fired upon in two previous encounters by the regulars. This knowledge courtesy of Appleseed.

...having spent years attempting to redress their grievances through peaceful and legal means.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Things occur to me:

1. This is what you get when you live your life in an echo chamber. (You here me INGO'ers?)

2. The CC citizen didn't win the fight. Too often people carry and never even conceive of the thought they might loose a gunfight. "Why train? I've got my 1911/Glock so I'm invincible!"

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Things occur to me:

1. This is what you get when you live your life in an echo chamber. (You here me INGO'ers?)

2. The CC citizen didn't win the fight. Too often people carry and never even conceive of the thought they might loose a gunfight. "Why train? I've got my 1911/Glock so I'm invincible!"

How do we know that he was untrained? I have not seen any reports either way. Yes, he moved to the shooter and was shot by an unknown assailant but this could happen with training or no training. We simply do not know what that situation looked liked. Maybe he was unable to take his eyes of the target who may have been starting to notice him and take action and at that point she could have pulled the gun and fired.

She may have looked like every other person that was currently scrambling in all directions to flee the shooter.

I agree that training is necessary and your point about the fact that you may die is a valid one. But we will never know what the CC'ers actions changed that day because he did act. Had he not acted maybe something else would have happened that was horrible. We will just never know.

I leave you with this quote from Theodore Roosevelt:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How do we know that he was untrained? I have not seen any reports either way. Yes, he moved to the shooter and was shot by an unknown assailant but this could happen with training or no training. We simply do not know what that situation looked liked. Maybe he was unable to take his eyes of the target who may have been starting to notice him and take action and at that point she could have pulled the gun and fired.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to impute the character or training of this brave man. However, too often we think that a gun makes us immune to the realities of violence and evil. This event can serve as a sobering reminder of our own mortality.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Somewhat misleading headline. The only two facts, that continue to change, in the story are that the GG confronted the scumbag, and didn't get off a shot.

Is just sharing another related link. I happen to disagree with a lot of headlines that are used as well.:D

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to impute the character or training of this brave man. However, too often we think that a gun makes us immune to the realities of violence and evil. This event can serve as a sobering reminder of our own mortality.

Agreed!

Sometimes us having a gun just puts us on the fight card. If we have never been in the ring or never sparred then we are going to take a pounding on fight night.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

It is an affront to all people of conscience / reformers / revolutionaries to compare with these two (2) turds.

All revolutions - ALL - begin with several things in common.

#1) A clear and precise rallying cry against a perceived, itemized grievence.

and;

#2) A significant time period of PEACEFUL cries for reform.

In the French and Russian, two (2) of the bloodiest revolutions, decades passed between the time of the people crying out for reform to actual shots being fired by the people.

Inside the Catholic Church Martin Luther called for reforms from within before breaking entirely.

In recent history in Syria the people were peacefully demonstrating in the streets calling for reform before President Assad escalated to a hot war.

American history has already been covered.

True revolutionaries are mostly decent people who see a grievous injustice and seek justice. They talk, yell, shout, scream, organize, write, print, and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN before escalating to other means.

The brutal murder of two (2) law enforcement officers and another law enforcing citizen comes as close to revolution as transparency comes to the NSA. (Sorry, best I could think of on short notice.)

Anyone who considers this action to be that of a revolutionary is woefully ignorant of how revolutions evolve.

Regards,

Doug

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This concerns me. There are more supporters to this line of thinking than I'm comfortable with and it seems to be growing.
    Dead Men Don't Start Revolutions | Christopher Cantwell
    Cantwell doesn't concern me overly much. He's been kicked out of just about every libertarian or freedom movement in the country for his whackjob views. Even the Free Keene guys won't have anything to do with him. He's pretty much persona non grata everywhere. I've only seen perhaps one or two people who've tried, (lamely) to support his repugnant viewpoint. He's not part of a growing segment. Just a fringe rider.

Top Bottom