Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Again, this really should be in the General Religion thread... but when both sides are saying "I'm so right, it's impossible for you to refute me"... that's really a conversation killer and a lazy out.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    American citizens living in America are entitled to protection under the Constitution, non-citizens are not. Moreover, it is clearly not unconstitutional to keep potential terrorists from coming into the country in the first place.

Fair enough. That's better treatment than some in this thread believe Muslims in America are entitled to.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Again, this really should be in the General Religion thread... but when both sides are saying "I'm so right, it's impossible for you to refute me"... that's really a conversation killer and a lazy out.

We're still close to swerving back on topic. It's not like it's spiraled out of control with boobie, bacon, and midget stripper talk.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How did our country become filled with such wimps and bleeding hearts since WWII? In that short amount of time we actually have citizens who would be happy to hand over our country to terrorists rather than hurt feelings. I'd rather drop a bomb on a whole country or countries than lose one more AMERICAN life to terrorism or any other foreign threat. Nothing else matters to me. I don't care who cries foul or gets delayed coming here. I don't care if you have to unwrap your face to be identified or for authorities to see if you may be a coward terrorist dressing as a woman in order to sneak past detection. And I could go on.
    it really amazes me that we have people here that would hold up efforts to shut these terrorist down

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That info is meaningless without knowing how many would.

How so?

If one were to presume these Imams are a just a fraction of the overall population, and the majority of Imans support the attacks, then couldn't one also presume that making a public stance opposing violence would take incredible courage.

I would not dismiss that as "meaningless." I would describe that as meaningful.

We constantly call for Muslim leaders to denounce the violence. We should give credit to those that do.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    More than 130 INGO members would not carry a .22 for self defense.

i-see-what-you-did-there-army.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Looks like there are about 1700 or so mosques in the U.K. Some would have more than one Imam.

Get this out of 1700 mosques only two are considered to preach modern Islam.

In contrast 56% of US mosques teach a modern interpretation of Islam.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, now. This is the question of the century. Can anyone accept the answer if it is a religion?

TT seemed like he knew. I wanted to see who he thought they were.

It's not a religion. It's the people that want to push Political Islam. Not the majority that have self-secularized, live their peaceful lives, and want no part in that junk.

Political Islam is the ideology, it is what breeds terrorists. If it's flourishing in certain Mosques... then seek them out and shut them down, by all means.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Posting this mostly for Trigger Time

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2017/06/03/counter-terror-lessons-from-americas-civil-war/

The man has a point. If those who would be most affected by this don't like the point, perhaps they need to police their own houses more effectively.
    The only modern example we have of defeating suicide attackers (the Kamikaze) is we shattered their country, killed them all, and rebuilt what was left to our liking. This is not beyond our current capabilities and our adversaries would do well to remember that. Another 9/11 might not turn out like they plan

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom